.:[STICKY]:. Map making tips for newbies

Tutorials and guides for Plazma Burst and community features.

.:[STICKY]:. Map making tips for newbies

Postby K2Shape » 3 January 2017, 17:44

K2Shape's Map making tips for newbies

Read this first! :
1. This guide is not intended for experts, because if you are an expert, most likely you will know most of these information already. [But feel free to add comments below on what to improve on or stuff if you like to.]
2. This guide is not static. Have a flexible mindset towards this guide.
3. I have terrible explaination. Yes , no complains please, thank you. Instead, give me suggestion on how to improve.
4. This guide is wordy , so bear with me.

With the above issue read, lets begin.

/*=================================================*/

One : Know your basics!
You should always master your basics first, that is very important into making a good map. After all, what is the point of a map that has perfect designs when its not playable/ sucks to play with?

Two : Targeted Audience
Whenever making a map, you should always remember your targeted audience. It may be trap players, people who like to bully players in a base, etc. That is fine, but your map should always meet the satisfaction of the targeted audience.
For example : You make a saw map and nearly all the trap/saw players like it, but a lot fighter-players hates it. But that is OK because your map is actually still a success since it meets your targeted audience's demand.
Hence? Always put your targeted audience in mind first before the others, because your targeted audience is going to play the map more than the others.
But that does not mean that you go and ignore the rest. No, you should always :
1. Meet the targeted audience's demands first.
2. Finally decide what to do to make the others be happy on your map.
This simply means to satisfy your targeted audience first , then meet the demands of others.

Three : Criticism
PB2 today have a lot of people who are very cancerous direct and they would just directly say 'Your map sucks' , rage quit , insert hate here , etc.
So what do you do? I would personally cry though but thats me.
You simply ask them how you should improve or what you should do. If they are hating a map, there is obviously a reason why there hate it. If they hate you, err, GLHF with your personal problems. Trust me, they WILL tell you the issue with the map, even if they tell you in a rude way, they still stated the issue.
Hence? Always take criticism as a chance to improve your map. Don't be that 1 delusion kid always thinking his map is nice and ignoring comments.

Four : Have a flexible mindset
Doesn't mean everyone tells you to do 'A' that means you just do it. You can always experiment around with that same 'A' or come up with your own fantastic idea and give it a try. You will never know if your idea works unless you try it.
Plus, maps that contains awesome elements/designs that players have rarely/never seen before will surely attract more people to try your map again. As well as attracting map makers to copy your work kek.
Hence? Don't be afraid to try new stuff, the worst you get is bad rates anyway. As well as blowing up your test lab

Five : Play and inspect other's map
It is always good to just inspect maps when you are playing them, it may give you inspiration and stuff, etc , etc....you get what I am trying to mean. But remember to relate back to what I stated about Have a flexible mindset.

If you managed to survived this far from my horrible explaination , thanks, and I hope you at least learned something from this. Please comment on how I should improve on this post, etc.
K2Shape
Recruit

Return to Tutorials