[HELP] Disable Knockback / Does clone trigger work

Report any bugs here or ask questions here!

[HELP] Disable Knockback / Does clone trigger work

Postby Stamtish » 14 November 2020, 10:16

Greetings! I have 2 questions as of now :

1- Does the "Clone Character "A" and spawn it in random place in region "B" Work?

2- Can I disable the player taking knockback, or Disable the player going into ragdoll mode after falling
I want the player to be stable and I don't want bullets or fall damage break their movement

I know I can disable the knockback factor of enemy guns, But guns cannot be cloned with trigger modifications. I have disabled fall damage, but if I fall from a high place It still breaks my movement. plz help
Keep your Friends close, But Keep your Enemies closer... -Blade
Stamtish
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: [HELP] Disable Knockback / Does clone trigger work

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 15 November 2020, 01:21

1- Yes and no. Clones will spawn at random locations but they may spawn outside of the region, which is annoying.
>:(

2 - Are you sure about gun cloning? I haven't tested it with guns, but characters can be cloned and their character modifications will carry over to the clone. I don't know about how to improve stability from falling. Sorry. See if there is a gameplay trigger or engine mark that can give everyone infinite stability or something.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Nyove » 15 November 2020, 07:33

Hey Phant0mB0nnie,

Phant0mB0nnie wrote:1. Yes and no. Clones will spawn at random locations but they may spawn outside of the region, which is annoying.

The reason why clones appear to spawn outside of the region is because of how triggers treat entities. The feet of the entity is the "hitbox" when it comes to triggers. When the clone trigger is ran, the feet of the cloned entity is randomly placed in the region. In cases where the feet of the cloned entity is placed on the top-side of the region, it may give the illusion that the clones appear outside of the region.

For more details in regards to hitbox locating in the character's feet: viewtopic.php?f=122&t=24879

Hey Stamtish,

Map source for your reference:
https://www.plazmaburst2.com/level_edit ... help7&a=#_

It is not possible to set infinite stability to a character. The closest thing we have is to quickly recover the player's stability. However, utilising the contraption given has a few side effects:
- Your character jumps slightly higher
- Selfboost works, but the character recovers from knocked-down stance quickly.

Best regards,
Nyove
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove

Postby Stamtish » 15 November 2020, 07:36

Oh, That's just what I needed! Thank you Nyove and Phant0m for replying!
Keep your Friends close, But Keep your Enemies closer... -Blade
Stamtish
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 15 November 2020, 16:39

Nyove wrote:Hey Phant0mB0nnie,

Phant0mB0nnie wrote:1. Yes and no. Clones will spawn at random locations but they may spawn outside of the region, which is annoying.

The reason why clones appear to spawn outside of the region is because of how triggers treat entities. The feet of the entity is the "hitbox" when it comes to triggers. When the clone trigger is ran, the feet of the cloned entity is randomly placed in the region. In cases where the feet of the cloned entity is placed on the top-side of the region, it may give the illusion that the clones appear outside of the region.

Sometimes, the clones spawn below the region as well.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Bug Reporting, Help & Support