How to avoid IP ban?

Report any bugs here or ask questions here!

How to avoid IP ban?

Postby broforce1 » 1 November 2020, 10:06

Hello, i just want to know a few things about the IP ban, well, I got an IP ban multiple times which is quite annoying, because i don't even know what is the reason, and here is the ban type (Suspicious activity was detected from your IP address), however, i don't use VPN at all, so I'm sure there is another reason for why that keeps happening to me every time i want to do something in the game.

So if anyone really knows about that type of IP ban, please tell me what are the things that could give me an IP ban for that reason (Suspicious activity was detected from your IP address...) and it would be better if anybody answered these questions below:

Spoiler: Show More
What are those things I should be aware of it that could give me an IP ban?

-

What i should not do to get the ban?

-

How to avoid that type of ban?

-

Is there is any other type of IP ban i should be aware of?

-

What are the things that would possibly cause IP ban even if it wasn't warned about it before?

-

is Modding the game will cause IP ban?

-

Overusing alternative accounts would cause IP ban?

-

please let me know because I dont want to get an IP ban again so i'm gonna have to get tickets again and bother the other staff again with the same repetitive reason, or any other reason at least, and i will be grateful for any support.

as a matter of fact, i guess there is an auto-ban system, which is means that there are things i do without knowing what i'm doing, will make the bot think that I'm trying to hack the site or something.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Re: How to avoid IP ban?

Postby Gashadokuro » 1 November 2020, 12:03

While I'm unfamiliar with technology, maybe you could be exempted from such bans due to being a very active & recognized member?
Gashadokuro
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Nyove » 1 November 2020, 12:18

Hey broforce1,

An IP ban works by blacklisting a list of public IP addresses. Your public IP address changes depending on what network you are connected to.
- If you are connected to your home's router, you 'have' a public IP address.
- If you use VPN, you can change your public IP addresses.
- If you are connected to other networks (like Mcdonald's free WiFi, or your friend's house), you will also have a different public IP address.

For an in-depth explanation of IP addresses, you can check out this forum topic: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=18186

Here are some possible reasons for an IP ban for your case:
- Your family members, using your home network, might have used their accounts or guests and broke PB2's CoC.
- You connect to some other public WiFi which is IP banned.
- You use VPN.

I would not provide a way to avoid IP ban as this may encourage others to evade bans. Your best bet is to open a support ticket and make an appeal in https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support/ if you feel that you have been wrongfully banned.

Best regards,
Nyove
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove

Postby broforce1 » 2 November 2020, 09:13

thanks to everyone who replied or who tried to answer my question.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Return to Bug Reporting, Help & Support