What's with this bug that happens every now and then?

What's with this bug that happens every now and then?

Postby ValkiOval » 8 January 2020, 16:18

It happens mostly wen I try and join other peoples maps, unlike most people who reported this had this happen to a personal map, when I join matches sometimes I get this: https://prnt.sc/qkvspe . Pretty unacceptable..
Definitely not a recruit, been here since mid to late 2015, just haven't posted much on the forums since most of those times, until the join date on my forum profile. :D Love PB2 too

ValkiOval
Recruit

Re: What's with this bug that happens every now and then?

Postby KING TERRARIA GAMING MARIO » 8 January 2020, 17:08

does it happen every single time to you?

KING TERRARIA GAMING MARIO
Recruit

Postby ValkiOval » 8 January 2020, 23:41

KING TERRARIA GAMING MARIO wrote:does it happen every single time to you?

No, only once in a while like stated. If every single time, I'd go crazy! Lol..
Definitely not a recruit, been here since mid to late 2015, just haven't posted much on the forums since most of those times, until the join date on my forum profile. :D Love PB2 too

ValkiOval
Recruit

Postby jeje52 » 9 January 2020, 00:45

It happens when the map maker hasn't set the player limit correctly. For example, the map can have 4 players max on it, but the player limit is set to 8. A match can then be created with 8 players, but the fifth player will not be able to join.
jeje52
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby KING TERRARIA GAMING MARIO » 9 January 2020, 14:18

uh i thought that will fix itself by just changing the match player number to the max on it's own?

KING TERRARIA GAMING MARIO
Recruit

Postby mrblake213 » 10 January 2020, 14:24

No, the map must have the correct amount of player entities inside it.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby ValkiOval » 23 January 2020, 07:30

mrblake213 wrote:No, the map must have the correct amount of player entities inside it.

Ohh makes sense, sometimes maps have a specific player limit set, but then the pperson who hosted the server or made it originally (not the map, that's only one person's map), set the player limit to something else than the displayed player limit that is associated with the map. Just my guess.

ValkiOval
Recruit

Postby ECC9 » 23 January 2020, 20:32

maybe a flash player problem ?
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Girl_Power » 23 January 2020, 21:59

jeje52 and mrblake213 are 100% correct. There is an option when making a MAP that lets you choose how many specific players can join the MAP. But if for example, there are only 4 players inserted into the MAP and the MAP maker sets the max number of players to be higher than 4, this will pose a problem. Most people when creating a MATCH will just leave the max number of players "8". If the MAP specifically allows 4 players on the MAP but the MAP option is set above 4 players, as well as the max number of players on the MATCH is set above 4, then this problem occurs.

So basically: MAP only has 4 players > MAP maker sets options above 4 players > MATCH maker sets options above 4 players as well > Problem occurs!
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Fordex » 29 January 2020, 14:05

Why you dont know that in maybe in maps you play no players or like GP said: so basically: MAP only has 4 players > MAP maker sets options above 4 players > MATCH maker sets options above 4 players as well > Problem occurs!

Fordex
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Bug Reporting Archive