Round Restart Bug

Round Restart Bug

Postby Druddigon » 19 January 2019, 18:10

I've already discussed this in the PB2 Discord, but I decided to post it here just in case the moderators haven't told Eric yet.

I encountered a bug in PB2 in which the round restarted in the middle of a map. I'm unsure of how the glitch was caused or triggered, but I remember some effects of it.

-The victim of the bug, if dead, got revived.
-The victim gets put back at the spawn location when the glitch occurs.
-All triggers (on the victim's side) get put back to their original state, as if the round restarted.

Two people who I believe it also happened to were RedTed and OhKxin. I believe this glitch is caused by the engine itself, because it occured with OhKxin in a map with minimal triggers (if I remember correctly, it was Golden1's god of swords map) and it occured with RedTed in a hide-and-seek map.

I'll try to respond to any questions about the glitch with answers.
Druddigon
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Round Restart Bug

Postby mrblake213 » 20 January 2019, 05:03

There's a lot of glitches that happens in PB2 so determining what could have possibly caused it is difficult.
Maybe you can provide more information like on what map did it happened.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Druddigon » 20 January 2019, 18:55

Sorry, forgot to mention the map that I was on.
I was on ugive10k-saw when the glitch happened, which was how I found out that it had restarted the triggers as well.
Druddigon
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Fan Fan1 » 19 February 2019, 23:42

This bug usually happens to me most often when I have a sudden ping spike. However, ping spikes don't always result in a round restart bug. I think it has something to do with the affected player's side wrongly detecting everyone has suddenly left the game because the lag spike made the game unable to connect with the other players.
Fan Fan1
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Bug Reporting Archive