[LevelEditor] A game-breaking bug with clone-spawning guns.

[LevelEditor] A game-breaking bug with clone-spawning guns.

Postby Shadowysn » 4 March 2018, 11:29

In an unreleased MP map i am just making, there's a gun (Falkonion Pistol with no projectiles) that's supposed to make a clone on the cursor (a Falkok renamed to 'Minion') using a region and triggers.

If i shoot it while my guy's in mid-air though, the game goes berserk and suddenly turns black with the HUD still showing.

; Sometimes i saw my guy crushed in the upper-left corner of the screen. EDIT: Now it's because of a delayed trigger that changed my character skin.
; The teleport sound still works.
; Before the blackness occurs I see 1-3 frames of my character separated into pieces.
; I'm still able to access the menu and restart the game.
; If i go limp in the air and shoot, the glitch doesn't happen.
; It seemingly stops everything in the game or all the sounds.
(I put the clones in between two connecting walls to crush them almost instantly. I only heard the Falkok hurt sound rather than death if the glitch occurs. Still might sometimes hear the crushing of bones and flesh.)
; Slow-mo module still drains.
; Happens to any kind of mid-air, not just from jumping.

- This was all done in single-player. Not sure what would happen in MP.

Any ideas for a workaround, guys?
Last edited by Shadowysn on 4 March 2018, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowysn
Recruit

Re: [LevelEditor] A game-breaking bug with clone-spawning gu

Postby Max teabag » 4 March 2018, 12:03

Exact same thing happened to me once playing my map mmo_arena. Slicing + jumping made that effect.
No idea.
Max Teabag
Max teabag
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby ghost119 » 4 March 2018, 15:07

same thing happens to me, its not so much the screen turns black as my character is forced into a specific spot, with your view of the map shofted with your screen-view always having your character at the top-left hand corner, the same effect occurs to the enemy if i shoot them with a gun havinf -100 projectile power

ghost119

Postby Shadowysn » 17 June 2018, 04:25

After a very long break from PB2 of who-knows-how many years, it seems that this bug still isn't fixed. I might have to try and test this in multiplayer to see if it will take effect there.

I realized the swords and weapon drop still work like normal.

EDIT: I've found a fix! I just had to move the clone-spawning function to a seperate trigger, then have the original trigger activate a 1-tick (or whatever PB uses for thinking) timer to trigger that clone-spawn trigger.

Shadowysn
Recruit

Return to Bug Reporting Archive