Performance issues at 30fps

Performance issues at 30fps

Postby lpzimm » 15 January 2018, 00:32

Delete/unapprove the other posts on Max's account (rhythm), I'll post it here. I'm writing for Max here.

Expected behavior: Framerate reaching 30 on the '30 fps' setting

Actual behavior: Framerate does not reach 30 on the '30 fps' setting

Reproducibility: Machine-dependent. Local to this machine (all accounts on machine), see this post: viewtopic.php?f=122&t=20739

Date: After the 8th of Jan 2018 update (Max says 6th, but was there an update then?)

Details:
[*] on the '60 fps' setting, the game runs on 60 fps.
[*] Performance lag is reproducible on 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Google Chrome, and on Internet Explorer.
[*] Both direct and GPU rendering were used, to the same result.
[*] Most notable on large maps such as Buzzard 1-fightforthebase. '60 FPS' still gives 60fps on those maps - it is not a performance issue of the computer
[*] Performance at '30 FPS' is normal on singleplayer, even on large singleplayer maps.
[*] Performance on '30 FPS' is better (still not quite 30 fps) on small maps such as XnX-railwars
[*] Another computer with similar specs was used, this problem was not reproduced
[*] This problem appeared after the update of January 8th (6th?)
[*] Tested on multiple maps

Specs:
[*] CPU: Intel i7-3770k
[*] GPU: NVidia GEForce gtx680
[*] RAM: 16GB
[*] Browser is run on a Solid-State Drive with 2 GB free.
[*] Windows 7 Home 64-bit

Analysis:
If not for the fact that the game runs better on smaller maps, I would say that the 30fps caps it to values smaller than 30fps, but it seems to be more of a performance issue. At 60fps the game runs perfectly fine, but Max doesn't want to play at 30fps because it's not very good for competitive gameplay.
lpzimm
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Performance issues at 30fps

Postby Eric Gurt » 15 January 2018, 10:37

That update did nothing except for setting Direct render mode instead of GPU (for generally wider support as some users were experiencing game not showing up in GPU mode in some browsers). I mean I didn't even modified game file but instead changed HTML tags which were telling how flash application should be rendered.

What possibly happened is rather Flash Player or browser update. Speaking of running flash applications in Chrome can be another factor - Chrome uses modified version of Flash Player that tends to be safer by the cost of worse performance.

And speaking of Internet Explorer - I'm not sure if this browser is still supported as Microsoft prefers Edge instead now.

At this state of Flash Player I can only suggest trying other web browsers when playing PB2, for example Firefox.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby ECC9 » 15 January 2018, 14:26

I play on the new Firefox quantum and it's excellent on 60 fps!!! I also really suggest you to try out.
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby lpzimm » 16 January 2018, 00:28

ECC9 wrote:I play on the new Firefox quantum and it's excellent on 60 fps!!! I also really suggest you to try out.

The problem isn't 60fps - as I said, 60fps ran fine. It was at 30fps where there was an issue.

Eric Gurt wrote:stuff

Alright, I'll look into firefox and report back soon.

It's possible that the issue occurs on everything before w10?
lpzimm
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Eric Gurt » 16 January 2018, 06:50

Would tell if I was able to reprpduce this issue. Not sure, many of Flash Player-related issues don't happen in different versions of Windows.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby ToxicAura » 16 January 2018, 09:19

ye its so laggy dem,btw r u adding asia server

ToxicAura