Player pulverizer

Player pulverizer

Postby mrnat444 » 2 July 2017, 06:36

So I am working on a singleplayer map. It is of decent length and rather difficult, meaning that you'll be dying and restarting a lot. The last thing you would want in this situation is to die at complete random, instantly without any indication of this impending doom.

And that's exactly what this glitch is doing.

At a random time, all the characters near the player (or possibly just everyone) will die simultaneously, instantly killed and body-broken for no reason (I actually had a recent encounter where it only affected the player with an enemy character near them). I remember it occurring both in and out of combat (though it happened three times in a row at the same part while in combat), and at widespread parts of the map. It's very inconsistent with what times and parts of the map it will happen in (i.e. it manifested three or four times early on in the map development, disappeared, and then came back four or five times recently).

I don't have any widespread pushers or regions over the map, and I don't think you can even create this specific effect without them due to the fact that it does not seem to target specific players.

Edit: I have discovered that it seems to frequently happen when there is a nearby destroyed vehicle. I am about 90% sure it is something with vehicles, as they always just disappear when it happens.

The player and an enemy just after an occurrence. Just before it hit, a destroyed Jeep was sitting on the center of the screen, but it disappeared after the occurrence.
Spoiler: Show More
mrnat444
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Bug Reporting Archive