My list of ALE encounters

My list of ALE encounters

Postby mrnat444 » 22 June 2017, 11:45

I have a good number of encounters with bugs in the advanced level editor and with triggers. Here is a list of what I can remember.

1. If you place the "&" symbol in a text or anywhere you can place it, the map does not allow you to save until you remove that "&" symbol. This occurs because the & places "amp;" after the "&" symbol after you hit enter (";" is a prohibited character).

2. Traditionally, objects' names look like , but if you perform various actions in the level editor, they will change to looking like . This is minor and rather insignificant, but it can get annoying when you can't see the names properly due to the lack of name shade (notice how the second timer's name blends into itself).

3. If you highlight a number of objects, and then press H or V, then press CTRL + Z and then CTRL + Y, it will screw up the selection.

4. (Only tested in singleplayer) If a gun is inside a crate, and you set it to be used for characters via trigger, it will teleport the gun to the oldest created player/actor. If it is by default a character gun, it chooses the player. If it is by default a vehicle gun, it chooses the actor. If the gun is dropped, it appears back in the crate and cannot be involved in this glitch again. it still teleports to the character if they are dead.

5. (Only tested in singleplayer) This is inconsistent, but I ran into a bug where all the action types would not execute after a action type that was set to "Disable".

6. is extremely and inconsistently bugged. Every time I have attempted to use it I have had problems, and I've seen it glitch out the game like crazy in multiplayer.

7. If you highlight a single object and hold Shift while dragging it, then press CTRL + Z, it will give the object undefined X and Y values.

If I remember anymore, they shall go here.
mrnat444
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Bug Reporting Archive