Map not loading

Map not loading

Postby zhs0 » 7 February 2016, 16:18

Every time I try to open my custom map, it loads for a while then gives this error:

Can someone tell me how to fix this?
Update: I've found the source of the error, an impossibly large concrete wall off the boundaries of the map. Wow.
Last edited by zhs0 on 7 February 2016, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.

zhs0
Recruit

Re: Map not loading

Postby TheGhostSniper » 7 February 2016, 20:06

Hold on, let me look up that error code..
Alright, back. I found the reason.
Spoiler: Show More
The map was unable to load in the allowed period of time (15 seconds).

Problem is connected with expensive calculations during map loading, for example: "shadows" in the map are calculations, global illumination calculations, snow generation, wall texture generation, too high "power" parameter of Lamp objects.

Copy-pasted from the Advanced Level Editor Manual.

Well, to fix that bug, try decreasing the "Power" parameter in the lights. If that doesn't work, try decreasing the amount of objects in the map. I hope I helped!
Riot Facts: #001
Riots can happen in every country, almost at any time. The police uses riot gear to protect themselves from damage, right?
Well, the riot shield might protect the riot police from molotov cocktails, rocks, etc..
But did you know that in most countries, riot shields are rated good against only pistol rounds?
So any caliber shot higher than 9mm. can break the shield, and can damage the wielder of the shield. For example, if someone were to fire a Barett .50cal at an riot police officer, it would break a part from the shield, and it would wound the police officer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the Map Commisions..

Map Commisions are now CLOSED. Open the spoiler for progress.
Apocalypse (theghostsniper-apocalypse), commisioned by yi en. (9.5%)
Inversed Battlefield (theghostsniper-inversedbattlefield), commisioned by ustopable. (5.9%)
TheGhostSniper
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby zhs0 » 7 February 2016, 20:44

Well, it is still not working.
I changed the power of all lamps down to 100 and deleted almost half the map. It still loads and gives the same error. It started when I was building a cannon with a lot of movables and regions stacked on top of each other, but that was part of the area I deleted.

zhs0
Recruit

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 7 February 2016, 21:21

try to put the lamps power to 30 and check if it works.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby zhs0 » 7 February 2016, 21:49

Nope. Still not working. I don't think it has to do with the lamps, I changed their power to 30, 10, and 0. The map still loaded and gave the error. That means that the things causing this error are the shadows, snow, or the wall textures. I cannot find a way to get rid of snow on the map (there is no snow engine mark) and I don't know how to fix the shadows and "wall textures".

zhs0
Recruit

Return to Bug Reporting Archive