Guns!

Guns!

Postby the real slayer » 26 January 2016, 22:51

I've been having some problems with the guns in the level editor! The character won't pick his gun if it's not set to be pickable by all teams! For example: I set a charactar's team to Alpha and then I set the gun to only be pickable by Alpha but the character will still not pick it up (applies on both enemies and players and yes I have ensured both character and gun are set to the same team!)

I've tried with other teams too but the same occurs with them too! I don't know what to do! I'm using Firefox btw!

the real slayer

Re: Guns!

Postby NNC » 26 January 2016, 23:07

It's a well-known thing, nothing you can do there besides setting those weapons' team to All Teams.

But wait, such stuff should only happen with allies, while enemies pick weapons up normally. Are you sure that enemies also can't pick up weapons set to their team, or I just misunderstood something?
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby the real slayer » 27 January 2016, 13:31

Yes, it happens to enemies, as well! Does Firefox trigger this problem or what? Maybe my Lvel Editor is just broken lol!

the real slayer

Postby assasinguy » 27 January 2016, 20:21

It's nothing to do with Firefox, and it's not just you who experiences this problem. I've had this in the past too, allies and enemies should pick up guns assigned to their team if you set their AI behaviour to something other than the default one.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby NNC » 27 January 2016, 20:32

When you say "enemies", do you mean any AI-controlled characters/bots, or only those bots who are not on the same team as the player?
I refer to 2nd variant. The glitch should only happen to those who are on the same team as the player. If you somehow got it to happen with an enemy, can you open-source the map?

@KLMJETWORK @assasinguy
Changing behaviour doesn't help...
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Return to Bug Reporting Archive