mega fps drop

mega fps drop

Postby Nontafer03 » 27 December 2015, 23:55

hi there, i'm very new to the forum and i'm not sure if i'm in the right place to post this or if the problem has been posted before. iv'e been playing PB2 for quite a while now and started experiencing fps drops when moving the cursor around to look around.

i don't think iv'e ever been getting this problem in months and it only started last week. iv'e just recently cleared my browsing history and the cache, then did a file cleanup and i noticed that the fps drop while looking around had stopped, but it gradually came back after 1.5 minutes of gameplay. i have a nice 8-gig of ram and my computer is ahead of it's time when it comes to gaming, and i also have a nvidia gtx 760 video card that is up-to-date on drivers. my browser is also google chrome and the OS is windows 7.

again, it is not connection lag that is the problem, it is a frame-rate problem that only happens when i move the mouse around to look around, in fact sometimes the game lags so bad that when i exit the game and go to the menu, it's still lagging like you have never seen lag before and i have to force-close my browser.

if anyone knows a solution, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Nontafer03
Last edited by Nontafer03 on 28 December 2015, 03:05, edited 2 times in total.

Nontafer03
Recruit

Re: mega fps drop

Postby Alica » 28 December 2015, 00:10

I am experiencing the same thing.
All the time tho, not just when i try to aim.
It started to happen after Adobe published their new update for the Flash player somewhen like a few months ago.
Did become more worse this month. Cannot even start the game.
The problem with flash does also affect general browsing, even on Opera.

Topic moved to appropriate section.
Alica
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby assasinguy » 28 December 2015, 00:23

Hey there, firstly I moved your topic to bug reporting, seems like a more suitable place for it.

As for your problem, I don't really know that much but here's some things you could try.
- Check that your flash player is updated to the latest version.
- Try using different browsers, I've heard that maxthon is the best for PB2 but I'm not sure as I haven't used it myself.
- Go to the settings menu in PB2 and put everything on low.

Aside from that I'm not really sure. I do have similar problems and the problem is always worse on more detailed maps with more people. On a school map with 8 people I can hardly do anything.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Nontafer03 » 28 December 2015, 03:09

assasinguy wrote:Hey there, firstly I moved your topic to bug reporting, seems like a more suitable place for it.

As for your problem, I don't really know that much but here's some things you could try.
- Check that your flash player is updated to the latest version.
- Try using different browsers, I've heard that maxthon is the best for PB2 but I'm not sure as I haven't used it myself.
- Go to the settings menu in PB2 and put everything on low.

Aside from that I'm not really sure. I do have similar problems and the problem is always worse on more detailed maps with more people. On a school map with 8 people I can hardly do anything.

apparently it's not only happening in multiplayer games, but even in campaign mode and also in singleplayer player-made maps as well.

Nontafer03
Recruit

Postby assasinguy » 28 December 2015, 11:52

All right, still try the things I suggested as they may work, and read what Alica said as well.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 28 December 2015, 12:00

Try to use Firefox or IE i use them both and i dont have big fps drops.On firefox the drop is very small on IE is the best so far.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby Konquer » 28 December 2015, 12:17

I use Opera , drops as hell
http://prntscr.com/9je7ii Forum Takeover
http://prntscr.com/9w48i6 comeback
http://prntscr.com/bnnrqa Simple kill
Konquer
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Silent Aurora » 28 December 2015, 15:41

Maxthan is a really good browser, I used to have fps drops on chrome but when I installed maxthan, things went smoothly.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby maxim12 » 31 December 2015, 14:57

Yep... same here, and It's annoying. I've never experienced those FPS drops since the time i started to play PB2.

Eric, please fix this.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby assasinguy » 31 December 2015, 15:38

I think what we need is more control over the detail in-game, we can set things to a basic high-low but it's pretty vague. Look at Happy Wheels for example, you can change everything which you can change here but you can also alter specific effects, blood can be a flowing liquid or a load of red triangle particles, you can choose exactly how much debris stays on the ground before it disappears. Things like that would make a difference here, but obviously for more PB2 things like how explosions are shown or how many bodies can pile up on the floor before they just disappear.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby Hikarikaze » 31 December 2015, 20:19

As stated before, this is because of an update Adobe launched out that hasn't been fixed at all to this day. Browsers like Google Chrome and Opera are mainly affected and suffer the most from the looks of it, as I personally haven't heard of anyone experiencing FPS issues on other browsers besides these two. You can confirm this by playing other flash games - if they provide the same performance, then it's a Flash-sided problem and not the game. Your video card and RAM isn't the problem here at all either. FPS drops in Chrome and Opera may correlate with how many objects are being rendered at once - coupled with multiple objects, often in large count such as 30 enemies, 6 lamps, etc, FPS drops can make the game nearly unplayable in terms of smoothness compared to FPS drops or rendering alone, both of which can be problematic.

I'm currently compiling a list of browsers that give massive FPS drops as a result of this update.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Hazardous48 » 31 December 2015, 22:16

Use Maxthon,no lag,no FPS drops.Zoom out to 67% if possible.
My PB2 Life
Spoiler: Show More
Hey guys,I'll be telling you how I found out PB2 existed.I was 15 and I liked gaming.I was playing Raze and at one point,my friend Alex told me about a game like Raze,but with multiplayer.I asked him ''What's the name of it?''.He didn't know the full name,but he only knew it's 2nd word was Burst and the number is 2.I remembered that I played a game called ''Plazma Burst:FTP''.I thought it might be the sequel,so I googled 'Plazma Burst 2'',and I saw 'plazmaburst2.net'(NOT ADVERTISING!).I used the website until I got AFK and I didn't play for a LONG LONG time.I discovered there was a offical website,I registered by the name ''Linxus'',and bam.It amazed me.I passed the campaign the day before my account got lost.I was Advanced Marine on Linxus.Then I registered 'DeadlyHronos'.I passed 25 levels,and one day,I went into the Multiplayer Unranked Unaprooved.I met B.Bowman there and she was my first friend.After time,I went into the chat and,still with Linxus,someone recruited me to Deadcampers,it was Kiriguraya.I logged into DeadlyHronos again,and I went on.That day when Linxus got lost,I used DeadlyHronos.Time went by,and DeadlyHronos also got lost.Then I made iPegasus.I was very happy because the name was not used.On May 31st,2015,I went into a match called 'DF Recruitment PW:1'.I talked to xMorganax and I asked can I stay.She said yes.Along with another clanmate,we did missions and training.She finally made me a member.Then,when I quit DF for some time,I updated my rank to Lite.I was very happy I got Lite.And now,As iPegasus got lost,I use Hazardous48.That's my story,ya'll.I hope you had fun reading it.And as always,keep smiling,buraz :D .

http://prntscr.com/9uoqxc

lolwut?
Hazardous48
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Bug Reporting Archive