Level Editor bug

Level Editor bug

Postby Xcape » 2 November 2015, 15:20

When im in level editor and i want to test the map with ''Play as tester'' it wont, and it displays a message ''Map is not published''. Help cnat test maps. Also i have enabled publish map.

Xcape

Re: Level Editor bug

Postby Alica » 2 November 2015, 16:32

That is not really a bug. You just have to publish your map before testing it out.

Just leave a second tab open with the map settings and always tick "Yes" on map publishment and hit "save map settings" every time when youre saving your actual map in the level editor.
That should work then.
Alica
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby filopatir » 2 November 2015, 19:41

Alica wrote:That is not really a bug. You just have to publish your map before testing it out.

Just leave a second tab open with the map settings and always tick "Yes" on map publishment and hit "save map settings" every time when youre saving your actual map in the level editor.
That should work then.

Nope Alica , he dont have to publish it . its really a bug because it works for me without publish my maps http://prntscr.com/8y9gin . Maybe @Xcape u have to report it to an admin or eric

Choose who are you . Not to let other choose you
filopatir
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby NNC » 2 November 2015, 20:51

It's 2nd or 3rd time I hear about this issue. Still no idea about why and when does it happen. All I can say is that it works fine for me.

@Alica
Normally, it should work w/o publishing anytihng. I'm pretty sure that's how it is for the most of players.
~~~~
NNC

Postby pixelbyte » 5 November 2015, 01:44

Ive heard of this issue before.

I think it happens when you make a map and then login as the same person, but using different caps.

Ex: Made the map while logged in as "PixelByte"

Logged out and logged in some time later as "pixelbyte"

Now when i save the map and try it, it will say "Map Not published" because it only works for the Owner.

What im saying is the site thinks your not the owner because the other is "PixelByte" and Im "pixelbyte"

Try logging in with the caps used in the map.

http://prntscr.com/8z5a1s

since i made the map as "pixelbyte" I have to login as "pixelbyte" instead of "PixelByte"

maybe it wont work, so you will have download the map, delete it, and make the map again, and restore the source with the one u downloaded.

If that doesnt work, then im not aware of the problem.

pixelbyte

Postby ilijah999 » 6 November 2015, 17:48

Its a temporary problem.

ilijah999

Postby NNC » 6 November 2015, 20:10

@ilijah999
Proof?
~~~~
NNC