.:BUG REPORTING:. Character intersection actions are bugged

Report any bugs here or ask questions here!

.:BUG REPORTING:. Character intersection actions are bugged

Postby jeje52 » 20 April 2024, 23:44

The image shows what happens when I try to use the "Continue execution of this trigger only if tracing from center of Region 'A' to center of Region 'B' intersects a character" trigger action in my raycast logics.

The trigger action considers the enemy to still be in the position where it was when it was killed. I think it stays that way forever. This trigger action could be improved by not including dead characters in the calculations.

It's also inaccurate for alive characters because the area that is considered to be the character is too large, but it's still usable in that case.
jeje52
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: .:BUG REPORTING:. Character intersection actions are bug

Postby pb dman » 21 April 2024, 09:46

Oo, I see. You mind showing the inaccuracies for alive characters?
Playing PB2 since 2015!

pb dman
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby alj99 » 21 April 2024, 14:29

A similar bug exists when tracking the position of characters. Dead characters would have their "position" be the last place when they were alive.
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby pb dman » 21 April 2024, 15:03

alj99 wrote:A similar bug exists when tracking the position of characters. Dead characters would have their "position" be the last place when they were alive.

Probably intended by Eric Gurt? Can't tell, but X,Y positions of the character movieclips always worked this way I guess. You can track positions properly with the use of ''Move region 'A' to lower body of Player 'B''', which does as the name implies.
Playing PB2 since 2015!

pb dman
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby jeje52 » 21 April 2024, 17:46

pb dman wrote:Oo, I see. You mind showing the inaccuracies for alive characters?

Screenshot from jeje52-charintersect. It should be accurate, at least to 5 units as it wouldn't work with any lower step sizes.
jeje52
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Bug Reporting, Help & Support