Profile and maps for a single player

Discuss and suggest any update ideas you have for the Plazma Burst series

Profile and maps for a single player

Postby ak228 » 9 June 2020, 11:07

I don't know what topic to write this idea in so I'll write here: you can add the ability to hide the map to map designer so that it is considered published, it can be run by ID but it will not be displayed in the profile. This can be useful for those who make multi-level single player maps (which have more than 10 levels), because their profile turns into an endless list of levels and a random player will be too lazy to look for a start. And with this option, map designer can leave only the starting level visible, which will improve the perception and more players will see and play this map.

ak228

Re: Profile and maps for a single player

Postby Darnit525 » 9 June 2020, 17:20

i'm in favour of this suggestion.
Darnit525
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Girl_Power » 9 June 2020, 21:25

I am also in favour of this suggestion even though I don't have a level series. However, this begs the question, how will we leave a comment on the map page when we can't find the map page? Perhaps using the "Map Page" button located on the bottom right corner of the in-game screen?
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby nightmar » 10 June 2020, 03:27

Girl_Power wrote:I am also in favour of this suggestion even though I don't have a level series. However, this begs the question, how will we leave a comment on the map page when we can't find the map page? Perhaps using the "Map Page" button located on the bottom right corner of the in-game screen?

Sadly, when you play a multi-level custom campaign, if you try to rate or check the map page of let's say the second level (taking into consideration that you started on the first one) it will rate the first map and also the map page will be of the first one.

So if this is implemented it will be hard to rate later levels of a campaign (not impossible though)
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 10 June 2020, 17:46

I link the individual maps of my series together, and provide a link to the first (and last, when applicable) map. Still though, this is good idea and I've thought of something similar before, but there are downsides. For instance, if you're the kind of guy who makes a series and publishes the individual maps one at a time when they are completed (instead of finishing everything and then publishing it all at once), then people are going to have a hard time locating the newest map in the series (unless it makes it into the "New popular maps" section), forcing them to start at the very beginning. Still, good idea, I can definitely see the merits of it.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Other Ideas