A Massive Collaboration Event to Remake PB2's Campaign

Discuss and suggest any update ideas you have for the Plazma Burst series

A Massive Collaboration Event to Remake PB2's Campaign

Postby generaltahsin » 4 June 2020, 14:49

Hey guys so I had this idea for a level developer event.

Instead of everyone trying to make a good map by themselves, why not make everyone work on one single map (in this case, a series of maps). This way, the quality of the map(s) would be way higher.

So our goal would be remaking the entirety of PB2's campaign. Why? Well let's say it didn't age well.

What'd we add/change? New weapons (without going out of artstyle/lore), new mechanics (limited ammunition), better scripted events, the CS base isn't looking just one big structure with white panels, new health system, new enemies...

The rules would be not changing the lore and when someone plays level 21 of the original campaign and level 21 of the remake they should be able to say "Yes these two levels are similar but this one is aesthetic and gameplay wise a lot better and enjoyable."
generaltahsin
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: A Massive Collaboration Event to Remake PB2's Campaign

Postby paulstin » 4 June 2020, 21:16

I think that would be a very good idea, the last few months, players online has increased to on average 158 to 168 players. this may partly be due to advertising.

I think if the best mapmakers got together, and put together a campaign , that could be multiplayer, and added to the main match browser page, at the top, and highlighted, this could encourage, new players to keep coming back, instead of playing just once or twice, and loseing intrest,/moving on to other games, this campaign match, could be regularly updated, and new things added, and removed, like other games, ,, we would also keep the same format, of players maps, underneath, so the game would remain the same, so players can make there own maps, and play other peoples, it would just be a addition to the current game, i think it could give everyone the best of both worlds, the usual game, and a new campaign,

paulstin
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Girl_Power » 4 June 2020, 21:24

Great idea! Just like Paulstin said, gathering all the best map makers together to collaborate on a single work would be an interesting event. I agree having to work on the campaign instead of a single map would be a better idea. If this ever gets to reality, count me in! :P
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Master Chief 0 » 5 June 2020, 18:52

why did even people liked it so much, now because people like the idea, I hate it now because it's also a dumb idea
no point from this, everything that people like it, I mock at it the whole day, now I'm ashamed.

i even didnt get anything from what you said, i dont think i will find any point that i will go and remake any pb2 story map, my opinion yep, i'm an idiot and dumb for saying all this entire shit.
so what then, i think I will quit and leave this community but before I will complete my objective for sure then I will announce my retirement.
Master Chief 0
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Build » 5 June 2020, 18:57

hey, i dont understand why people like this idea so much, i dont know but its just dumb, i will just have to say that its a dumb idea.

I didn't even get anything from what you said because im either blind or illiterate, i dont think there is a point in this topic

im an idiot and dumb for saying all this entire shit.
Build
Falkok [250]

Postby Master Chief 0 » 5 June 2020, 19:01

Build wrote:hey, i dont understand why people like this idea so much, i dont know but its just dumb, i will just have to say that its a dumb idea.

I didn't even get anything from what you said because im either blind or illiterate, i dont think there is a point in this topic

im an idiot and dumb for saying all this entire shit.

would you please don't, wanna broken bone from your body?
so what then, i think I will quit and leave this community but before I will complete my objective for sure then I will announce my retirement.
Master Chief 0
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby generaltahsin » 5 June 2020, 19:27

you two be quiet

this thread needs actual discussion and planning, not dumb conversations
generaltahsin
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby nightmar » 6 June 2020, 00:48

This idea appears so hard that it would be almost undoable. But if we were to make some great map makers work together the result would be of our expectations and therefore worth the while.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby RayGun_ » 6 June 2020, 17:06

Just imagine,you're playing not plazma burst 2.U PLAY PLAZMA BURST 2 CAMPAIGN REMAKED XDD
I dont like that idea,the original campaign is good.

RayGun_
Recruit

Postby generaltahsin » 6 June 2020, 19:37

Compared to custom levels, campaign is very outdated and didn't age well. All levels look like one big structure with nothing in it. Some of the later enemies are bullet sponges and not fun to fight. If the campaign was made today, it'd seem like the developer made all the levels first and will add the details later.

Our goal would be make the levels look beautiful, fix any exploits, modify some parts of the level design to make the gameplay more enjoyable, add variety to enemies that would fit the lore without making it ridiculous.

For example we could just rehaul the final level completely so it will actually have a fun bossfight intead of 3 corvettes which are boring to fight.

nightmar wrote:This idea appears so hard that it would be almost undoable.

With proper organization and leadership its possible.
generaltahsin
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby phsc » 6 June 2020, 21:32

i like how the best comment made here was by paulstin

but yeah, good idea, the problem is execution, there have been many projects in the history of PB2 that want to do some pretty nice stuff as a group, but there are many problems, like sharing accounts being ban-worthy (is that still a thing?), people easily lose interest, if you kind of make so they have to work on such thing, since they are really getting nothing out of it, they might just leave, same goes if there are disagreements, lets say someone wants to keep the 3 corvettes, the person might as well just leave, also people might also get all the maps and publish it as themselves (theres no rule agaisn't that in PB2)

but here is the thing, why make it a massive collaboration event? i think there is no need for that, it is not that ambitious as in, you need a lot of people, just some nice dedicated people and some nice time, get those who are close to you and agree with you, another problem is map making styles and all, which can make it look kind of weird, very common problem in group projects
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Return to Other Ideas