Help section for map makers

Discuss and suggest any update ideas you have for the Plazma Burst series

Help section for map makers

Postby bird fighter » 14 April 2018, 20:34

There are a lot of map makers in Plazma Burst 2, who needs more knowledge and usually search between tutorials in YouTube and ask other map makers. I think there should be a help section with tutorials, helpers, and explanation pages about making; the triggers, timers, and the Technic - instructions for a good successful map. The level editor may be a little hard at the beginning and there would be much more maps with high quality - playing will be more fun, since there will be a lot of different successful maps. Usually new map makers try to success with their basic maps, but most players join the old maps, so it can bring them to quit, a lot of map makers will not only increase the number of players, and give an atmosphere that pb2 is more alive, it'll also make a true competition and expend the map makers community.
Big companies also helps and works for her developers, for example : Microsoft helps her developers with tutorials, info pages and good tools, and the developers who will make better programs using the tools will attract more programmers to make.
I hope my statement was clear, please reply and tell me what do you think, and maybe the developer or a staff member will read this, and the idea will come true.

bird fighter
Recruit

Re: Help section for map makers

Postby mrblake213 » 15 April 2018, 03:56

Yes there is.
It's called the Questions section and the #chatroom-maps in Discord.

There is also the Tutorials section and the Level Editor manual.

I don't think they need another section.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby bird fighter » 15 April 2018, 06:26

Not all the players are on the forums or on the discord.
There are enough tutorials they just need to be in the site itself for my opinion, the fact is some players don't even know the questions section exists.. In the level editor there isn't all the required information, although you can learn some triggers with it and the basics I guess. Making an official section isn't hard to make, since good map makers can fill and provide all the information and the tutorials just need to be linked...

bird fighter
Recruit

Postby mrblake213 » 16 April 2018, 03:07

I think instead of us providing what's already provided.

They should come to the forums and Discord instead because if they really want to learn or know more about the Level Editors, they should find a way to do it.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Build » 16 April 2018, 10:13

I Wan more things in ALE i'm bored of PB2 without updates
Build
Falkok [250]

Return to Other Ideas