Progress in Seconds left should be replaced

Discuss and suggest any update ideas you have for the Plazma Burst series

Progress in Seconds left should be replaced

Postby GiraRay » 29 September 2017, 23:14

The progression indicator in the PB2 loadscreen is a text that says how many seconds there are left. Although this feature would be super cool if it actually would be accurate and correct, it just simply isn't. It skips seconds, is very slow and sometimes even increases by the second. This progression indicator is very inaccurate and misleading and I recommend replacing it with a progression bar which looks way cooler.
I know it's a subtle detail but it just irritates me for some reason because of its uselessness and inaccuracy.
http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=giraray-riddle1&id=826345
GiraRay
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Progress in Seconds left should be replaced

Postby GiraRay » 17 October 2017, 20:22

silverteen11 wrote:It's a calculator of approximated time. It's not a PB2 Fault, features like this exist everywhere, such as time left for downloading a file in your web browser. By the time it is available in PB2.5 it will probably be more accurate due to having a better engine.

Plus, no reason to have a bar if there's already a percentage indicator.

There's no telling when PB2.5 will be out. Of course, removing the indicator isn't very important but its uselessness and deception is just irritating. It'd be nicer to have a progress bar.
GiraRay
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Progress in Seconds left should be replaced

Postby GiraRay » 20 October 2017, 20:27

silverteen11 wrote:
GiraRay wrote:
silverteen11 wrote:It's a calculator of approximated time. It's not a PB2 Fault, features like this exist everywhere, such as time left for downloading a file in your web browser. By the time it is available in PB2.5 it will probably be more accurate due to having a better engine.

There's no telling when PB2.5 will be out. Of course, removing the indicator isn't very important but its uselessness and deception is just irritating. It'd be nicer to have a progress bar.

Maybe you should give my entire post a full read, it's not even long.

By the time it is available in PB2.5 it will probably be more accurate due to having a better engine.

It will be a while until PB2.5 will be out. It'd be simple to replace the progress indicator with a progress bar.
It's a calculator of approximated time. It's not a PB2 Fault, features like this exist everywhere, such as time left for downloading a file in your web browser.

I know that, but that doesn't change the fact that something like a progress bar, or simply a progress in percentage thing is better.

Of course, but it'd be cool though :D

Did I miss anything?
GiraRay
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Other Ideas