Y

Any Offtopic community discussions not related to Plazma Burst

Y

Postby lostmydollar » 3 October 2017, 12:56

there is a question im asking myself every couple of days. wondering what do you guys can say about it.

i have a feeling that every person is worried about his own prosperity more than about prosperity of other people. this produces selfishness, corruption, betrayal, murder and so on. i think this course is wrong and should deviate to make humanity better, to get rid of all sins, to move forward

if aliens exist they are probably laughing at us right now, watching us getting filthier and filthier every day, probably making a comedy show about trump and kim jong-un wanting to blow each other up, or about putin sending police forces to beat kids and aged at rallies against government.

what do you guys think? what can we do to fix the humankind?

(Edit) Its been 10 days since i started this topic. come on people. is there nothing to say or this is the most uninteresting subject for you to discuss?

lostmydollar

Re: Y

Postby Hikarikaze » 13 October 2017, 00:47

lostmydollar wrote:Its been 10 days since i started this topic. come on people. is there nothing to say or this is the most uninteresting subject for you to discuss?

It's a complicated issue so not everyone has an opinion ready at hand. People are very complex. On one hand, humans are inherently and innately selfish which is best illustrated when it comes down to survival, but on another, they're not independent at all. Even the most selfless of all people need to prioritize themselves at some point in time over something. You can argue that this natural trait created the world's problems as we as humans try to shift away from something we can't escape from, but it's just the end result of centuries of attempting to make life as easy as possible so we use minimum effort for maximum reward

If aliens exist, they'll either be worse or better than us, and this doesn't have to be from a subjective perspective either. Personally I don't think we're significant enough to catch anyone's full attention just yet. We're still growing and have much to learn/go. Humans can't really pose a threat to anyone outside of our world either because we're too busy considering each other to be a threat and taking care of that threat first
Hikarikaze

Postby Max teabag » 13 October 2017, 11:23

"Gradually it was disclosed to me that the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either - but right through every human heart - and through all human hearts."
Taken from The Gulag Archipelago, Alexandr Solzhenitsyn

I think the best way to go about fixing humanity is starting with yourself. Work on yourself every day, do whatever in your power to emit love and positivity, and you will inspire the others around you and you will be able to make meaningful change.
Max Teabag
Max teabag

Postby Fixer21 » 13 October 2017, 19:24

Max teabag wrote:"Gradually it was disclosed to me that the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either - but right through every human heart - and through all human hearts."
Taken from The Gulag Archipelago, Alexandr Solzhenitsyn

I think the best way to go about fixing humanity is starting with yourself. Work on yourself every day, do whatever in your power to emit love and positivity, and you will inspire the others around you and you will be able to make meaningful change.

Yeah, but it's quite tuff to do for some people.
Not much more to say...
Fixer21

Postby Missak » 14 October 2017, 18:09

Max teabag wrote:I think the best way to go about fixing humanity is starting with yourself. Work on yourself every day, do whatever in your power to emit love and positivity, and you will inspire the others around you and you will be able to make meaningful change.

This, this and this.

It's totally normal to be self-oriented at times. However, being as that all the time is the problem.
You see, everyone cares about themselves first then about others, that's true, but what they gain from it is what might cause problems as you said.

For example, one may care for themselves for fame or reputation,
the other may care for themselves for their intelligence,
and the last may care for themselves for money.
You see the difference? The first two show self-caring, not being selfish.

Being selfish doesn't necessarily have to be about money. Being selfish is mostly in regards to being alone, not sharing anything with anyone and even self-nurturing all the time.

As for self-caring, it's totally the polar opposite.
Some people care about studying, being isolated and quiet the whole time. You may think they just find everyone annoying but in the end, they just want to dedicate their whole life to save people, sacrificing their whole youth to benefit the other youth and elderly.

Hope it cleared things up :)
P.S. And by the way, it's best not to make assumptions, Max's advice is basically what I am trying to aim for.
Missak

Postby Dandamage » 17 October 2017, 21:58

lostmydollar,

Please avoid double posting in the future, as it violates the Code of Conduct of the Plazma Burst 2 Official Forum. This is an unofficial warning and does not count towards your total warnings in your account.

Posts merged!
dandamage
Dandamage
Official Dandamage

Postby Green Eyed Demon » 19 October 2017, 23:25

It's a cynical way of thinking but humanity's long gone,whatever "God" "ruled" over humanity that people believe in is long gone now, and it deserves everything bad that's coming. Some more than the others of course
Spoiler: Show More
Green Eyed Demon

Return to Around the Campfire