Lin's AMA

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Lin's AMA

Postby Lin » 31 March 2024, 08:52

Greetings everyone~

I am known as Lin, and am currently in charge of game server maintenance and game update tasks.

I understand that many players have questions and concerns about the future of the game and my intentions, so I am doing my best to post here and answer any questions that players might have. :thank:

Lin
Head Moderator

Re: Lin's AMA

Postby PeacyQuack » 31 March 2024, 09:11

What will you add in the next update
We should stop sushex56 together

PeacyQuack
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Lin » 31 March 2024, 10:12

PeacyQuack wrote:What will you add in the next update

The new content may not be extensive, but the direction of the updates will focus more on enhancing player gaming experience and game optimization.
Lin
Head Moderator

Postby pb dman » 1 April 2024, 01:27

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Playing PB2 since 2015!

pb dman
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Lin » 1 April 2024, 17:11

pb dman wrote:Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

I will be staying where I am now
Lin
Head Moderator

Postby KARL SERG » 2 April 2024, 13:55

Do you enjoy what you do here?
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Lin » 2 April 2024, 15:29

KARL SERG wrote:Do you enjoy what you do here?

I think I feel good.
Lin
Head Moderator

Postby PeacyQuack » 2 April 2024, 20:59

Which plazma burst 2 faction would you want to take part in
We should stop sushex56 together

PeacyQuack
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Lin » 3 April 2024, 03:06

PeacyQuack wrote:Which plazma burst 2 faction would you want to take part in

Android, i guess
Lin
Head Moderator

Postby Thyroxine » 3 April 2024, 05:44

In terms of the overarching trajectory of the game's development, where do you currently perceive yourself heading? Moreover, what strategic initiatives do you envisage implementing to steer the game's progression in the foreseeable future, and what are your strategic blueprints for the years ahead? Have you meticulously scrutinized, evaluated, and corroborated the duties and obligations assigned, ensuring your readiness and capability to effectively fulfill them? Furthermore, how do you envision navigating the landscape following the imminent release of the sequel, should it ever materialize that is, and what contingencies have you formulated to ensure the game's continued relevance and success amidst its sequel's debut that was just mentioned? Regarding the composition of the team, have you thoroughly deliberated and evaluated the suitability and reliability of the individuals you are considering whilst also reaffirming your confidence in their aptitude and integrity? It is imperative to introspect and reassess not only the decisions made thus far but also the potential ramifications of the individuals chosen, pondering whether they harbor the potential to contribute positively or adversely impact both the game and its community thoroughly time and time again, it really shouldn't be a bother even in the slightest. While their enthusiasm and activity are commendable attributes, those alone do not suffice to warrant entrusting pivotal roles; rather, a candidate who aligns with the ethos of the game and community, garners widespread trust and support, and has demonstrated resilience and adaptability in challenging circumstances is preferable. Therefore, it is incumbent upon you to engage in introspection and contemplation, critically evaluating your choices prior to their enactment as is tradition, as such foresight is instrumental in fostering long-term success. Merely bestowing privileges based on superficial criteria, such as entertainment value on the subhuman level or mere activity, is insufficient, as it fails to discern genuine dedication and commitment to the game's well-being. Emotions must be set aside as ever; no single individual possesses omniscience, yet avenues exist to glean insights into the inner workings and dynamics of the game and its community. These inquiries serve as pivotal waypoints in your decision-making journey, illuminating areas warranting deeper consideration and deliberation, thereby facilitating informed and prudent choices. There will never be anything illicit or lawless about asking for advice or watching how the original game flourished and learning what was done step by step. Granted it could take a while, but wouldn't it be worth it in the long run? Ego must be out of the window. I shall wait for a detailed response whenever it may come. I'm always here to clarify any misunderstanding. Termination of paragraph is in order.

Thyroxine

Postby broforce1 » 3 April 2024, 22:48

are you making a steam version of this game and if yes r u going to release it?
do eric even allow this to begin with lol
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby Lin » 9 April 2024, 10:14

Thyroxine wrote:In terms of the overarching trajectory of the game's development, where do you currently perceive yourself heading? Moreover, what strategic initiatives do you envisage implementing to steer the game's progression in the foreseeable future, and what are your strategic blueprints for the years ahead? Have you meticulously scrutinized, evaluated, and corroborated the duties and obligations assigned, ensuring your readiness and capability to effectively fulfill them? Furthermore, how do you envision navigating the landscape following the imminent release of the sequel, should it ever materialize that is, and what contingencies have you formulated to ensure the game's continued relevance and success amidst its sequel's debut that was just mentioned? Regarding the composition of the team, have you thoroughly deliberated and evaluated the suitability and reliability of the individuals you are considering whilst also reaffirming your confidence in their aptitude and integrity? It is imperative to introspect and reassess not only the decisions made thus far but also the potential ramifications of the individuals chosen, pondering whether they harbor the potential to contribute positively or adversely impact both the game and its community thoroughly time and time again, it really shouldn't be a bother even in the slightest. While their enthusiasm and activity are commendable attributes, those alone do not suffice to warrant entrusting pivotal roles; rather, a candidate who aligns with the ethos of the game and community, garners widespread trust and support, and has demonstrated resilience and adaptability in challenging circumstances is preferable. Therefore, it is incumbent upon you to engage in introspection and contemplation, critically evaluating your choices prior to their enactment as is tradition, as such foresight is instrumental in fostering long-term success. Merely bestowing privileges based on superficial criteria, such as entertainment value on the subhuman level or mere activity, is insufficient, as it fails to discern genuine dedication and commitment to the game's well-being. Emotions must be set aside as ever; no single individual possesses omniscience, yet avenues exist to glean insights into the inner workings and dynamics of the game and its community. These inquiries serve as pivotal waypoints in your decision-making journey, illuminating areas warranting deeper consideration and deliberation, thereby facilitating informed and prudent choices. There will never be anything illicit or lawless about asking for advice or watching how the original game flourished and learning what was done step by step. Granted it could take a while, but wouldn't it be worth it in the long run? Ego must be out of the window. I shall wait for a detailed response whenever it may come. I'm always here to clarify any misunderstanding. Termination of paragraph is in order.

In terms of the overarching trajectory of the game's development, where do you currently perceive yourself heading?

Currently, the game is attempting to develop on Adobe AIR(or no) and will be launched on Steam. However, considering more, if possible, Adobe AIR PB2 will be synchronized with Flash Player PB2.

Moreover, what strategic initiatives do you envisage implementing to steer the game's progression in the foreseeable future, and what are your strategic blueprints for the years ahead?

Can’t tell too much,but a major trend for the future is that there will be two websites. The new website will be led by me and will serve the Steam version (possibly also the Flash Player version). The strategic plan will also depend on the development situation.

Have you meticulously scrutinized, evaluated, and corroborated the duties and obligations assigned, ensuring your readiness and capability to effectively fulfill them?

I had done my best onto the evaluation, exanimate, thus giving support as I can onto the assigned duties. Although I would made some mistakes, but as I am still learning to get used on those responsibilities, we can hope that the professionalism, and the obligations could be done in no time. Just give us some time -- we are still learning everyday, and so do I.

Furthermore, how do you envision navigating the landscape following the imminent release of the sequel, should it ever materialize that is, and what contingencies have you formulated to ensure the game's continued relevance and success amidst its sequel's debut that was just mentioned?

Similar to the points mentioned earlier, the strategic plan will depend on the development situation.

Regarding the composition of the team, have you thoroughly deliberated and evaluated the suitability and reliability of the individuals you are considering whilst also reaffirming your confidence in their aptitude and integrity? It is imperative to introspect and reassess not only the decisions made thus far but also the potential ramifications of the individuals chosen, pondering whether they harbor the potential to contribute positively or adversely impact both the game and its community thoroughly. Time and time again, it really shouldn't be a bother even in the slightest.

Currently, my plans for the future staff team aren't specific. I may offer the current staff a position and also some people I find suitable myself. People may be concerned that I will pick individuals who are known for causing trouble can rest assured, as community members who are known for exploiting community members won't be eligible for a spot on the team. Moreover, the future website's staff tools will continue the heritage of PB2's, in a sense where the personal privacy of the users will be of utmost importance and protected from the eyes of player moderators.
Lin
Head Moderator

Postby Lin » 9 April 2024, 10:18

broforce1 wrote:are you making a steam version of this game and if yes r u going to release it?
do eric even allow this to begin with lol

Yes, it's in production.
And there are indeed plans to launch it on Steam.

Many update plans have been discussed with Eric Gurt, who doesn't oppose this.
Lin
Head Moderator

Postby mrmcshroom » 10 April 2024, 03:23

Nice post Lin.
Sure, I'll bite. I'll ask something I bet no one has ever asked you.
What is your favorite part of the PB2 community? Why do you love it so much?
What makes it so special that this is worth it to you?

mrmcshroom
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Lin » 10 April 2024, 05:47

mrmcshroom wrote:Nice post Lin.
Sure, I'll bite. I'll ask something I bet no one has ever asked you.
What is your favorite part of the PB2 community? Why do you love it so much?

What is your favorite part of the PB2 community?

PB2 as a Flash game, stands out among the numerous Flash games I have encountered. Like many players of my age, I have experienced the golden age of Flash. It was during that era that I was introduced to PB2. For me, it's hard to pinpoint my most preferred aspect, but rather, I would prefer to express my overall view of PB2.

Why do you love it so much?

Compared to other Flash games, the PB2 community has relatively complete operations, UGC, multiplayer gameplay, and a social system. Under the influence of this environment, I unintentionally invested a significant amount of time, perhaps it has become a habit, eventually transforming into a form of enjoyment.

From personal perspective, I believe some hobbies cultivated in one's youth often become deeply ingrained over time,PB2 is also one of my many unique hobbies. This preference may manifest as continued interest in related content. It's possible that through various chance encounters, I gradually developed a strong interest in PB2. Specifically, there is a sense of self-fulfillment satisfaction in the process of what I am doing now.
Lin
Head Moderator

Return to General Discussion