Why force censorship now?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Why force censorship now?

Postby alj99 » 3 October 2023, 13:50

I can't help but think this is pretty unwarranted.
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: Why force censorship now?

Postby broforce1 » 3 October 2023, 14:32

at least lin added new skins, and it took a lot of effort that should appreciated, which is why i might not be mad that much.

as for censoring, it should have been enabled by default but can be turned off, maybe its made just to piss people off (trolling by lin) or some hatred response by lin towards toxicity... i dont know... if u asked me then i dont find it a big deal.

overall, i know its an unnecessary change but its so cringe how the community seemed to like swearing/cursing, imagine being so upset cause u cant swear anymore lmao
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby mokaal » 3 October 2023, 14:49

Forcing censorship upon us is equivalent to removing and restricting our freedom of speech.

The best you can do is punish someone who insulted someone or better yet make an automated muting mechanic.
Plazma Burst 2 had its moments,

let it rest peacefully among the legendary flash games.
mokaal

Postby paulstin » 3 October 2023, 15:11

NO BASTED OF HELL is ever going to shut me up and censor me, ill be back on PB3 with a whole new lot of adverts, properganda, and spam, with all the old favorites,you have come to know and love, plus a whole lot of new material,

LONG LIVE OUR GLORIOUS DARK CLAN
LONG LIVE YOSHIMAN THE GREAT,

paulstin
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mici1234 » 3 October 2023, 15:27

paulstin wrote:NO BASTED OF HELL is ever going to shut me up and censor me, ill be back on PB3 with a whole new lot of adverts, properganda, and spam, with all the old favorites,you have come to know and love, plus a whole lot of new material,

Atleast you admit those things you are sending are propaganda, keep up with the evolution!

mici1234
Recruit

Postby Colonel Michu » 3 October 2023, 18:53

broforce1 wrote:overall, i know its an unnecessary change but its so cringe how the community seemed to like swearing/cursing, imagine being so upset cause u cant swear anymore lmao

I understand and in this respect it doesn't bother me too, but it's outrageous that the algorithm will censor normal words that "contain" vulgar words in it. For example, I remember years ago when I was making a historical SP series, I wrote about the Cuman people in the description, but it automatically censored a "certain" fragment. Just like I called the fictional country in another map description "Zapanustra", and that was also censored beacuse it contained a word synonymous with a butt.

Colonel Michu
Recruit

Postby alj99 » 4 October 2023, 03:34

broforce1 wrote:as for censoring, it should have been enabled by default but can be turned off, maybe its made just to piss people off (trolling by lin) or some hatred response by lin towards toxicity... i dont know... if u asked me then i dont find it a big deal.

I don't think the toxicity is a big deal either, but if i can say something, stuff like harrassment can't just be filtered by word checking, that stuff has to be reported and reviewed by the moderator.

broforce1 wrote:overall, i know its an unnecessary change but its so cringe how the community seemed to like swearing/cursing, imagine being so upset cause u cant swear anymore lmao

I can see why thou would think of that, it's just replacing swear words with [ censored ] at the end of the day, but most people will see it as ugly and annoying text filtering. And for me and those people, it really comes off as annoying to see.
Hello.
alj99

Postby Lin » 4 October 2023, 04:27

Temporarily, not permanently.

Patiently waiting
Lin
Head Moderator

Postby astrodex pl » 4 October 2023, 14:53

literally 1984
My purpose makes more sense when i look at insanity around that world
astrodex pl

Postby PeacyQuack » 4 October 2023, 17:45

Why do you think that astrodex pl? What event similar to this happened in the year 1984 which was 21 years ago? Do you have a study on that claim? Do you have any evidence to back that up with?
Do you, really?
We should stop sushex56 together

PeacyQuack
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Tortoise » 4 October 2023, 20:34

paulstin wrote:NO BASTED OF HELL is ever going to shut me up and censor me, ill be back on PB3 with a whole new lot of adverts, properganda, and spam, with all the old favorites,you have come to know and love, plus a whole lot of new material,

Man I'm gonna miss you when you finally get your autism meds, paulstin.
https://youtu.be/0c1u5zspRzA
Tortoise
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby paulstin » 4 October 2023, 21:06

Tortoise wrote:

Man I'm gonna miss you when you finally get your autism meds, paulstin.

YOU BASTED OF HELL , son of a thousand basteds, all basteds themselves, my your bed never dry out you bed wetter, a thousand curses on you

paulstin
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby phsc » 4 October 2023, 22:27

just dont communicate at all 4head
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Return to General Discussion