Plasma Burst II is still active POG?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Plasma Burst II is still active POG?

Postby loukas100 » 27 May 2023, 22:51

So I revisited this site out of curiosity, I wanted to see my old maps (truly masterpieces for when I made them lol)
Turns out, almost a decade later this game is still alive... with downloadable client for f-ing Ubuntu!! XD

So what is the state of this community? Is multiplayer a thing? Are people making maps?
I want to hear your opinions :D

loukas100

Re: Plasma Burst II is still active POG?

Postby PeacyQuack » 29 May 2023, 09:11

The discord servers changed and eric made a new one due to some stuff
Multiplayer is still a thing with up to 50 players everyday
People are still making amazing maps but due to low activity barely anyone plays them
The only matches hosted are stryde-sniper(GRRRRR I HATE YOU) and paul308-base(please approve this map I want to play ranked on this plea
We should stop sushex56 together

PeacyQuack
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Pb2 D » 29 May 2023, 19:19

Depends on your definition of alive.
Multiplayer is a thing, even more of a thing than before thanks to the work of Lin, the only new addition to PB2's development team.
Infact there's even more servers than before, ranging from China to Germany to California. Heck, even washington servers are back. People are still making maps, but if you really want to find the really really good ones, you definitely aren't going to be looking at the newest maps. Maybe like 1-2 years ago instead.
Plazma Burst 2 probably ranges from 10-20 players depending on the time, but recently it's starting to pop up in player count, even reaching ranges of up to 40-50 which I'm a bit surprised about.
Also, when did you first start playing PB2? Just curious :P

Pb2 D
Recruit

Postby broforce1 » 23 June 2023, 12:00

the fanbase range from 2k to 5k and these numbers are the followers of eric's twitter himself and so this answers the question why so many pb2 related videos does not get views that much and not more than 8k views, the fanbase is decreasing a year by a year, this should also hint why PB2 itself dont get so much recognition with the media itself cuz it has a very small fanbase that is taken from the community and the people who came to play pb3 afterall.

the community usually relied on discord as the main place for communication, well its just getting worse lol
why? because the activity is decreasing as long as members are leaving, as i mentioned that the fanbase is dying it also affects the community or discord server's activity (properly cuz people have lives and they hate the servers too)

forum is dead, simple.

in general, Plazma burst is a dying series and there are many reasons why, such as the netcode and the netcode update, the flash game died and not everyone can play the game with launcher, and half of members who were last standing in the community are leaving, lack of custom map's quality, the MP is degenerate, the community is itself hated, back then the game was more alive as well since people ignoring these issues but nowadays its not working as the majority decides to stop look after pb2 for its problems and now any new comer seem to do the same, a year by a year the game is dying an inch by an inch, all of these reasons seem to be nothing for a game but as a game like pb2 it affects a lot, like the fact that the game used to receive low updates back then (rn giving updates wont do anything )

now without the community or custom maps then pb2 wasnt going to survive longer, also without PB3's announcement then pb would become forgotten even more nowadays cuz pb3 is what keep the hope in pb fan's hearts who rather stay (now ik the game is not that alive but it could have been worse), and lets not forget that the pb fanbase is separated into 2, the first being pb2 fanbase which is almost dying already, and the second fanbase is the pb3 one and this is what we rely on rn to own players for pb3, however, we barely know if that fanbase will keep pb3 alive in the future of its release, lets hope eric knows how to advertise pb3 once its done and hopefully in the future the fanbase increase rather than decreasing, afterall if pb3 cant hold so many players just like pb2 then what matters is to make the series more recognized and more popular, hence if pb series became popular then it wont be that forgotten and we may as well see more media and videos with millions of views, this relies on having bigger fanbase afterall, sounds like a dream but who knows...
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Return to General Discussion