Probably bad ideas. (For balancing weapons.)

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Probably bad ideas. (For balancing weapons.)

Postby alj99 » 18 July 2022, 12:45

Some random ideas i got.
Gun weight: Slows down u down, jumps less further.

Gun innacuracy when moving: Drops accuracy when moving, could be mitigated by walking (could be added), crouching, and prone.

Crouching and prone mitigates added innacuracy, max innacuracy, and boosts weapon restabilization (or subtracted innacuracy as it is called in trigger commands): When on prone and when crouching, the effects of innacuracy from shooting is less and makes accuracy more consistent.

Bullet deviation: Different from basic innacuracy. The bullet changes course mid-flight.
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: Probably bad ideas. (For balancing weapons.)

Postby Girl_Power » 18 July 2022, 16:17

I think all of these are great ideas and Eric is already implementing some of these features in PB3. I don't think it would be worth the time for Eric to implement these features in PB2 though.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Nehil » 18 July 2022, 20:24

ye these are good ideas for the next game, recoil, innacuracy when moving and others would add some "tactical" gameplay instead of just spamming lol

Nehil
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby phsc » 20 July 2022, 05:07

yeah i think pb2.5 needs the coriolis effect, it needs muzzle-mouse desynchonization and sights you can regulate, since it is a 2.5 game it needs to be sights you can adjust both laterally (windage) and vertically (bullet drop), it also needs parallax you can adjust in firearms with scopes, it also needs heat wave distortion when looking at things very far away and it also needs different types of ammunitions with an entire new ballistic system mostly terminal ballistics but also internal and external ballistics, also every single round needs to have a ballistic coefficient and the energy weapons need to follow the laws of physics and thus eric needs to develop them further, i want to know the values the railguns work with and their materials and distances and measurements and it all should check out if you calculate it as well and it should be adjustable

im kidding ur ideas are actually good but remember this is a futuristic game it doesnt have to be the most realistic thing ever, but yeah some weapons should slow u down crouching and being prone should affect how likely u are to actually hit people and when moving, the only questionable part is bullet deviation

also it oculd deliciously exquisite pizza sauce stuff like sniper maps n etc if movement really deliciously exquisite pizza sauce up w ur sights but its not like the entire client-sided aspects of the game and lag doesnt deliciously exquisite pizza sauce it up enough haha
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby alj99 » 20 July 2022, 05:24

phsc wrote:im kidding ur ideas are actually good but remember this is a futuristic game it doesnt have to be the most realistic thing ever, but yeah some weapons should slow u down crouching and being prone should affect how likely u are to actually hit people and when moving, the only questionable part is bullet deviation

Tbf, these are just random game mechanics i thought of. Some stuff in pb2 aren't useful like crouching which doesn't do much when aiming. I kind of assumed it does help you aim when i first tried it.

Balance ideas that involves around making stationary (or slow walking) shooting more practical for accuracy and precision.

And about bullet deviation. It's really just a different way to make guns innacurate other than basic innacuracy. I just randomly thought "Hmmm since projectile trails seems more prominent in pb2.5 maybe make bullet deviation cause the trails they make looks too straight, might be cool with smoke trails for rockets."
Hello.
alj99

Postby alj99 » 30 July 2022, 05:58

Ok here's an actual bad idea for guns.
Chance for a gun to jam each fire.
Don't bother with this stat that's hella useless and bs.

Maybe if u want to deliberately make a crappy gun without nerfing dps and accuracy too much.

Requires u to double click on the gun to unjam it.
Hello.
alj99

Postby Tortoise » 30 July 2022, 22:06

alj99 wrote:Ok here's an actual bad idea for guns.
Chance for a gun to jam each fire.
Don't bother with this stat that's hella useless and bs.

Maybe if u want to deliberately make a crappy gun without nerfing dps and accuracy too much.

Requires u to double click on the gun to unjam it.

Hell yes

Plazma Burst: Far Cry 2 edition. Set it in South Africa where nobody knows shit about gun maintenance and give the marine malaria.

Alternate solution for jammed guns: Just fukin throw them at your enemies Cruelty Squad style. Real commandos know the alien pistol is most effective when used as a tomahawk.
https://youtu.be/0c1u5zspRzA
Tortoise
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Tortoise » 30 July 2022, 22:13

You know what this game really needs? A fishing minigame. I'm serious. Add a fishing rod weapon so we can fish for weird fishy space fish and sell them on the fishy stock market for massive stonks. I want to murder other players with a fishing rod and dunk on them with my superior technique. I want 8v8 fishing PvP matches. You fool, you have underestimated my passion for fishing. My love of the great outdoors. My hatred of fish. I exist only to fish. Women fear me. Fish fear me. Men turn their eyes away from me as I walk. My fishing prowess is so fierce no beast dare makes a sound in my presence. I am the bane of all creatures subaqueous. My rod is true and unwavering as I cast into the aquatic abyss. I close my eyes and seize it. I clench my fists and beat it. I light my torch and burn it. I am the beast I worship.
https://youtu.be/0c1u5zspRzA
Tortoise
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby phsc » 31 July 2022, 16:05

alj wrote:Chance for a gun to jam each fire.

already doable with triggers + i dont want pb2 to turn into escape from tarkov/far cry 2
+ i hope in the future guns dont jam right, i mean when i was in the army during my last like shooting inspection or whatever i dont know how to translate this, my bolt action rifle which had never jammed deliciously exquisite pizza sauce had a deliciously exquisite pizza sauce rim lock

tortoise wrote:Alternate solution for jammed guns: Just fukin throw them at your enemies Cruelty Squad style. Real commandos know the alien pistol is most effective when used as a tomahawk.

didnt eric gurt the ghost of kiev show that dropped weapons now deal damage? theoretically this is doable

tortoise the fisher wrote:You know what this game really needs? A fishing minigame. I'm serious. Add a fishing rod weapon so we can fish for weird fishy space fish and sell them on the fishy stock market for massive stonks. I want to murder other players with a fishing rod and dunk on them with my superior technique. I want 8v8 fishing PvP matches. You fool, you have underestimated my passion for fishing. My love of the great outdoors. My hatred of fish. I exist only to fish. Women fear me. Fish fear me. Men turn their eyes away from me as I walk. My fishing prowess is so fierce no beast dare makes a sound in my presence. I am the bane of all creatures subaqueous. My rod is true and unwavering as I cast into the aquatic abyss. I close my eyes and seize it. I clench my fists and beat it. I light my torch and burn it. I am the beast I worship.

weakest stryde-fishing enjoyer
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby duriel » 31 July 2022, 19:10

Ur right, these are bad ideas Lawl

duriel
Recruit

Postby Guest-90111 » 7 August 2022, 06:19

Tortoise wrote:Alternate solution for jammed guns: Just fukin throw them at your enemies Cruelty Squad style. Real commandos know the alien pistol is most effective when used as a tomahawk.

i'd genuinely be down for that
imagine dm maps dedicated entirely to just throwing shit around like idiots :D
Guest-90111
Recruit

Postby iSeeYouForever » 21 August 2022, 18:59

Good ideas. XDD why bad?

iSeeYouForever
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to General Discussion