Do you think PB2.5 will succeed or flop?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Will PB2.5 succeed or flop

Succeed
65%
Flop
35%

Total votes : 37

Re: Do you think PB2.5 will succeed or flop?

Postby alj99 » 28 September 2023, 13:26

Girl_Power wrote:Flop.

1. Barely anyone knows about PB1 or PB2.

2. No one plays on downloaded PC platform anymore ever since Flash died.

3. The PB2 community is dead, so how will PB2.5/PB3 gain more players then PB2?

4. With the appeals of other games on other platforms, PB2.5/PB3 will not gain any attention.

Community from pb2 doesn't determine if it flops or not, we can always get new players outside. Like the previous forum posts ago said, this entirely depends on marketing.
New players don't have to know about pb1 or pb2 to play pb3.
I'm not sure what you mean by download PC platform, he won't make it in flash, and PC gaming still has a very strong culture. As long as there's an exe file that you can open and go to gaming, even games on PC only can still do well.
"Appeals of other games" is too vague to even quantify.

On the side note, whatever people's expectations have on Steam, Steam won't magically put ur game on the front page. Before it even gets there, i'm pretty sure there's certain conditions like wishlisting or having positive feedback. And for people to visit it in the first place goes all the way back to marketing. Do marketing badly and your game on steam will be buried.

There's not even a single ground to know if it flops or not, we don't even have demo, just clips of tiny demonstrations. Even on marketing stage it's still hard to tell, the game has to be properly tested first before we can confidently say if a game is good or not in the first place. We can't predict the future or some shit.
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby mokaal » 28 September 2023, 20:50

4. With the appeals of other games on other platforms, PB2.5/PB3 will not gain any attention.

Well I'm not a man obsessed with comparison but I can say that PB3 will somehow gets it's own recognition, haven't you ever seen SFH:R? everyone prior to 2022 forgot about SFH and their communities back then were similar to that of ours today but now look how much they grew after SFH:R released, be optimistic I guess
Plazma Burst 2 had its moments,

let it rest peacefully among the legendary flash games.
mokaal

Postby alj99 » 2 October 2023, 13:19

For pint 1 and 3. The argument don't make a lot of sense, you can't have less than 0 publicity and the community isn't the only people pb3 can have. People don't need to know about Pb1 to know about Pb2, and Pb2 is clearly more popular than Pb1. It basically just fails when we start saying that "Team Fortress 2 will flop because no one knows about Team Fortress Classic (5.6k of TFC reviews compared to 992.3k reviews of TF2)" or more extreme, "Barely anyone knows about the Team Fortress Quake mod so no one's gonna play TF2".

Like the few posts ago said already, this is entirely a marketing issue. Will Eric market it properly? Frankly, i think no, the worst case scenario is he just makes a montage then post it on youtube and call it a day. Fortunately, we do have people willing to do the marketing for his part.

Another thing to note about is that there's lots of indie games that can do well all the time, you may not know about it but there's a community for sure. It doesn't have to be a hit game like Hollow knight or Undertale did but we can still say that Pb2 still had a strong community at its peak, maybe 10k people tried it max but that's fine (given the nature as a flash game, Eric will have to do better of course, especially if he wants to make this as a living post and during release). Not to mention, this game itself is designed to thrive on having a community unlike other games.
Hello.
alj99

Postby alj99 » 2 October 2023, 13:20

Oh it's on page 2, i thought my reply unexisted before. Now i just made this redundant crap.
Hello.
alj99

Previous

Return to General Discussion