Can Ragevoting lower the LDR?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Can Ragevoting lower the LDR?

Postby ST-117985 » 1 October 2019, 13:24

Idk how that works i wanna know how and why Ragevoting can lower LDR?
Eh, meh. Alright lets go.
ST-117985
Recruit

Re: Can Ragevoting lower the LDR?

Postby ziomke » 1 October 2019, 13:26

It is just like another vote. Aaaand i don't know why.

http://plazmaburst2.com/images/professor.png
ziomke
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Ayano » 1 October 2019, 13:41

ziomke wrote:It is just like another vote.

simply this.
Rage voting happens when a player does not give a valid reason along with a 1 star vote.
they could have been salty about you killing them or maybe they might have a crab mentality.

not all 1 star votes are instantly considered as Rage voting, some 1 star votes might have actual map designing related feedback from it.
Ayano
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby ECC9 » 4 October 2019, 22:00

Yes.

Your message contains 3 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 10.
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Build » 5 October 2019, 02:09

It doesn't decrease your LDR as far as i know but in the meantime you can report the user who rage-voted your maps.

Also... Jason eden will be extremely pissed off again because you guy's didn't answer this guy like what he said in the other topic

Jason Eden wrote:No, I mean other thing:

- The OP has a direct and simple question: "When will the new update be released?"
- You don't know the answer. In such case you can:
a) Not reply to the topic since you don't know the answer.
b) Say "I don't know" because you don't know.
c) Say "I think approximately it might take xyz time".
d) Say "I don't know the answer right now but I will try to find it out and if I find it I will respond to this topic again with the answer".
- But instead of all those possible actions listed above you chose to write 5 empty sentences that have no practical information or use.

Sorry for going offtopic, but since the OP's question has been answered I want to understand your logic and logic of people like you who post useless information instead of useful one. I'm asking this because in my topic (viewtopic.php?f=122&t=23276) people were posting useless stuff too and only Mrblake and Eric gave some useful information. I want to know why people do that. It seems stupid to me.
Last edited by Build on 5 October 2019, 05:03, edited 1 time in total.
Build
Falkok [250]

Postby ditzy » 5 October 2019, 02:55

To answer the original question, it depends on your current Level Developer rank (LDr). If your LDr is relatively low (Let's say some around the 10's) someone leaving one star won't really affect your LDr. Worst thing that'll happen is that you no longer have a perfect 5 star average on your map.

If your LDr were higher (20's and above) you'll see that with enough 1 star ratings your LDr will actually drop.

If you do suspect someone was ragevoting your maps, you can always report them to us. Keep in mind that a 1 star rating doesn't make it a ragevote by default. Some people simply didn't like the map one way or the other.

If you're having trouble discerning whether or not someone was ragevoting your map, here's some common signs of a ragevote:
  • Player gave 1 star ratings to multiple maps in quick succession
  • Player gives no reason for the 1 star rating
  • Player talks about rating a map for reasons other than map quality (e.g. "I'm giving this map a 1 star because I don't like the creator")

----

Build wrote:Also... Jason eden will be extremely pissed off again because you guy's didn't answer this guy like what he said in the other topic

I'm just going to put this out there while I have the chance. The forums are here to foster the PB2 community; there's no need to gatekeep. The only rules regarding posts are quality-of-post rules. This is a good example of a post that isn't very high quality:
ECC9 wrote:Yes.

Your message contains 3 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 10.

The message doesn't contribute much to the topic. While (somewhat) answering the question, no effort is given to explain the reasoning for such an answer.
ECC9 consider this a friendly reminder
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Fan Fan1 » 5 October 2019, 03:44

If someone rates 1 on a map that clearly says something like "test, testing, WIP, etc." in the match name and/or the map name, can this be reported as rage voting?

Also, can votes that have been determined as a rage vote be removed by a staff member?
Fan Fan1
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby dizty » 9 October 2019, 06:22

Fan Fan1 wrote:If someone rates 1 on a map that clearly says something like "test, testing, WIP, etc." in the match name and/or the map name, can this be reported as rage voting?

It might be better if you tried to get in contact with the user and inform them that the map is a WIP. It's not really a ragevote unless someone deliberately tries to harm your LDr or map ratings.

Fan Fan1 wrote:Also, can votes that have been determined as a rage vote be removed by a staff member?

As far as I know only admins can do that.
dizty
Recruit

Return to General Discussion