Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series.

Re: Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

Postby ditzy » 26 May 2019, 23:17

Lore-friendly simply means that fitting in with the game. Whatever the thing is shouldn't look out of place in the universe (that PB2 takes place in).
User avatar
ditzy
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 125
Joined: 1 December 2017, 01:20
Location: Ponyville

Re: Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

Postby Roxxar » 26 May 2019, 23:27

maybe make more lore and skins that supplement the guns? idk anything about this av faction other than "people wanted a non-CS human faction/stuff" and the fact that you want your AV-235 to replace the AV-135

the problem isnt the lore or the canon or your AV-235, its the fact that it's not adding to the futuristic theme and currently existing lore of this game. if you dont think the game is futuristic nor should be, then idk what more i or anyone can say, thats literally the baseline assumption everyone is making except you.

this doesnt mean keeping an airtight 2:7 ratio, it means its a supplement. there's no quantifiable expectation or standard to be met and i've said this several times, it's a personal assessment the artist needs to make.
User avatar
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 139
Joined: 16 July 2013, 19:47
Location: Trash Can

Re: Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

Postby XFrostByteX » 27 May 2019, 00:13

phsc wrote:
XFrostByteX wrote:It's completely valid to say that there are too many realistic gun submissions because they
1. Lack any sort of creativity/inspiration (since you're copying an IRL design)
2. Don't fit with the original aesthetic of PB2


if you're doing an exact copy like that dude made with the AK-47 he submitted yes, but if you want it to be decent you need to adapt the gun a little bit like i did with my AV-235 but didn't do with the scar, you still need creativity for a different color scheme or how to make it futuristic if you want to create a decent thing but yes it requires less creativity and that is why i mention that many new artists like them for that too

second part i disagree the CS exists



dwayne ur such a high minded individual thank you for your input it will take 3 years for staff to realize that is one word posting and delete that but thank you really insightful


"You need creativity to make a different color scheme" is full of crap, three year olds can color these days but it isn't all that creative. Making a gun based on a gun we have in real life, regardless of how much recoloring or editing you do in MSpaint is less creative that actually designing an aesthetically pleasing gun.

You're acting like this is a black and white argument. You can add things to PB2 that would thematically match with the game without saying "oh no new anything since we don't know what is lore and what isn't". Just use some critical thinking for once.

People aren't even saying to stop adding realistic guns, they're saying make a balance. Your argument is completely flawed.
User avatar
XFrostByteX
Recruit
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 24 November 2015, 05:27

Re: Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

Postby Krutz » 27 May 2019, 01:38

You mention people's themes in their custom maps and how they can be benefited by adding "real-life" weapons, like real war maps. Like sure, like I've said before and like many other people feel, I don't really care if weapons like those are added, it's just distasteful for reasons Frost said and for the likelihood of functional redundancies.

But is that really something we should have in mind? Should we add an M1 Garand or some sht just because people want to make some WWII maps or something? I myself don't really think so... I don't mind if there's some weapon that resembles the M1 Garand in a futuristic sense or something like Destiny may do (I'm not sure if it does, Incompetence mentioned Destiny). Like, if I made a strip club map, where are the poledancer skins? My custom map aesthetic needs to be appeased

And you mention that the LMG-01m being similar to the c-02m is fine because "they're from different factions," but (a) I myself don't really care if one faction lacks a certain type of weapon that another faction doesn't and (b) who said the LMG-01m was "Civil Security"? I look at PB2's arsenal as one group of weapons that are available to multiplayer, and I don't like when there are near-duplicates. I don't care if the aliens have an accurate shotgun, and the Civil Security don't or if the Civil Security have a high fire-rate automatic and the aliens don't. Whether or not two factions have similar firearms, I couldn't really care less; I'd just prefer that they don't.

I think your AV-235 is fine and I wouldn't have rolled my eyes if I saw that it were added into the game instead of AV-135. I think the AV-135 is also fine, though. Also, out of whose ass did "rebel/AV factions" come out? Like wtf is that? Is "LMG" another faction despite having the nomenclature of Correction firearms?

And realistically speaking, the AUG would just be another PHANX or CS-RC or AV-135 etc., its ballistic power has to land in the range of powers that already exists in the game, and so will its accuracy values. If you tried to make it a "new" weapon, it'd be downright OP or just trash:


Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 20 October 2013, 16:52

Re: Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

Postby phsc » 27 May 2019, 02:19

i will only take points that i disagree with, ditzy makes sense and ive covered the issue that we dont know what fits n doesnt before many times, i understood roxx wrong he wants the artist to set what is fine so i guess a 0:1 ratio is ok

Roxxar wrote:maybe make more lore and skins that supplement the guns? idk anything about this av faction other than "people wanted a non-CS human faction/stuff" and the fact that you want your AV-235 to replace the AV-135

the reasoning behind the AV faction being a terrorist association is because lostmydollar/jason eden/terror made it, and he also made many terrorist skins, but taking a look at his posts only the RMK is directed towards terrorism, he mentions it in the post title, also he made a few other guns that didnt get into the game but mention terrorism and also had a similar color scheme to the AV

but what happens is that it is extremely easy to deduce a terrorist faction, the simple fact we have a organization that we dont know if it is a private corporation a state organized thing or maybe something people just wanted to make part of, and terrorism has many definitions https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitions_of_terrorism

"the use of violence or of the threat of violence in the pursuit of political, religious, ideological or social objectives"
anything can be a ideology, a religion and a social objective is also highly subjective, maybe like idk "yo aliens are cool lets not fire at them" or "lets surrender" or whatever

i mean you get it it is extremely easy to deduce that is a possibility, also by historical argumetns, people disagree with shit a lot


also a lot of people dislike the AV-135 i would take a look on the discord server again but it is too time consuming

Roxxar wrote:the problem isnt the lore or the canon or your AV-235, its the fact that it's not adding to the futuristic theme and currently existing lore of this game. if you dont think the game is futuristic nor should be, then idk what more i or anyone can say, thats literally the baseline assumption everyone is making except you.

the game being futuristic and i thinking it should not be are not what im saying, i think it should simply follow demand, just because everybody makes a baseline assumption it does not mean it is right or whatever, and even then its not what defines the demand too, so i guess thats a wonderful argumentum ad populum!




XFrostByteX wrote:"You need creativity to make a different color scheme" is full of crap, three year olds can color these days but it isn't all that creative. Making a gun based on a gun we have in real life, regardless of how much recoloring or editing you do in MSpaint is less creative that actually designing an aesthetically pleasing gun.

it isnt, believe it or not that is quite a big deal, many people here have been criticized by having "bad" color schemes or applying it "poorly", also like i am in contact with Ditzy and he constantly asks people for what colors to use, if they're ok n etc, is it less creative? depends on the person, ditzy seems to have an easier time making the basic lines for a skin than getting the colors, this is quite assuming cuz idk his process for making the shape of the fanart n etc

XFrostByteX wrote:You're acting like this is a black and white argument. You can add things to PB2 that would thematically match with the game without saying "oh no new anything since we don't know what is lore and what isn't". Just use some critical thinking for once.

im going to ask eric if there are pumpkins in pb2 if he says yes deliciously exquisite pizza sauce gonna love having this https://i.imgur.com/2MB82Yx.png

XFrostByteX wrote:People aren't even saying to stop adding realistic guns, they're saying make a balance. Your argument is completely flawed.

what balance again? i mean Roxxar said that the balance should be defined by the artist thus its subjective so... there is no balance, i mean i can set my balance as 0:1 deliciously exquisite pizza sauce nice




Krutz wrote:You mention people's themes in their custom maps and how they can be benefited by adding "real-life" weapons, like real war maps. Like sure, like I've said before and like many other people feel, I don't really care if weapons like those are added, it's just distasteful for reasons Frost said and for the likelihood of functional redundancies.

what reasons? it doesnt fit? dont we still have high quality weapons from 300 years ago? why wouldnt there be AK-47s in the future? even then i dont know what year PB2 is set in but considering our modern technology we could preserve them, and again just dont add them to approved map list or campaign etc

Krutz wrote:But is that really something we should have in mind? Should we add an M1 Garand or some sht just because people want to make some WWII maps or something? I myself don't really think so... I don't mind if there's some weapon that resembles the M1 Garand in a futuristic sense or something like Destiny may do (I'm not sure if it does, Incompetence mentioned Destiny). Like, if I made a strip club map, where are the poledancer skins? My custom map aesthetic needs to be appeased

yes
they also could fit the lore viewtopic.php?f=136&t=20197 i mean it has the opening at the boobs so i guess good enought ive seen strippers with only that and her shorts are pretty small too

but then this case is agaisnt pb2s complete arbitrary set of rules, i dont know why showing kids porn is a bad thing but meh i dont own the game

Krutz wrote:And you mention that the LMG-01m being similar to the c-02m is fine because "they're from different factions," but (a) I myself don't really care if one faction lacks a certain type of weapon that another faction doesn't and (b) who said the LMG-01m was "Civil Security"? I look at PB2's arsenal as one group of weapons that are available to multiplayer, and I don't like when there are near-duplicates. I don't care if the aliens have an accurate shotgun, and the Civil Security don't or if the Civil Security have a high fire-rate automatic and the aliens don't. Whether or not two factions have similar firearms, I couldn't really care less; I'd just prefer that they don't.

the LMG 01 has a similar color scheme and fires the same bullets as the CS-RC, though it has a m in the end and the minigun is a C-02m but then the minigun is made by C9 so idk, even then if its not civil security its a different faction still

i could make an argument for aesthetics, some guns look better at specific cases, have a tank or something? is he similar to the CS? since the color scheme fits give the LMG-01m to him instead of the minigun which is used against the CS on the game

so you want the game not to be balanced? ok

Krutz wrote:I think your AV-235 is fine and I wouldn't have rolled my eyes if I saw that it were added into the game instead of AV-135. I think the AV-135 is also fine, though. Also, out of whose ass did "rebel/AV factions" come out? Like wtf is that? Is "LMG" another faction despite having the nomenclature of Correction firearms?

the AV-135 is too long, a lot of people complain about that, so much i decided id make that, even the creator himself said that

i mentioned the terrorist faction before in my reply to Roxxar

the LMG doesnt have the C9 nomeclature because it doesnt start with C, it just has the same ending, if we can add things taht "fit" the lore terrorism makes sense as i mentioned before

Krutz wrote:And realistically speaking, the AUG would just be another PHANX or CS-RC or AV-135 etc., its ballistic power has to land in the range of powers that already exists in the game, and so will its accuracy values. If you tried to make it a "new" weapon, it'd be downright OP or just trash:
IMAGE

it wouldnt, first of all it could fire at the same speed as the alien rifle with similar damage,

i find it very simplistic of you to say "high power" and "low power", the PHANX and the alien rifle are different, having different damage, different rate of fire, different penetration, same for the CR45

the idea is that it would be slower, it does not need to follow the real life AUG stats

and again what about middle ground power and middle ground accuracy?

and im the one thinking in black n white


but most of your arguments seems to be like "i dont care" about many things, so i guess "i dont care if a weapon is OP or not" or hell what about another tier of weapons with higher damage i mean it could make sense to have them in the campaign cuz later on everybody takes forever to kill so i guess it could also fit and we could have a different category for multiplayer
User avatar
phsc
Phoenix Falkok [450]
 
Posts: 495
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Subnet

Re: Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

Postby Krutz » 27 May 2019, 02:28

i dont think you realize that penetration and damage directly depend on a firearm's power

and if its "slower", then its just a phanx. get any slower than that, then its a trash rifle

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 20 October 2013, 16:52

Re: Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

Postby phsc » 27 May 2019, 02:40

i am unsure about how its programmed, like take a railgun, it doesnt penetrate shit but it has a high damage, its power value is 4 at max level, it is probably editable inside the game code but past what i can edit, but it is probably editable by Eric i mean what isnt

but like if a weapon has a damage of 10 and a speed of 1, a weapon with damage of 5 and speed of 2 achieves the same thing, but we can have a weapon with damage of 6.666... and speed of 1.5 and a weapon with a damage of 9 and speed of 1.1, these are different, arent they?

anyway, it doesnt exclude that being a possibility in 2.5 for one to edit it



actually i see a way for fixing that in PB2 without much trouble even if it isnt that easy to edit, eric can just activate the same function for frames (thats how most gun functions are triggered) that shoot at the same time with the exact same accuracy variable, though it is probably randomized inside the function that shoots but he could just remove that or move it a level lower, prob not something that is hard to do
User avatar
phsc
Phoenix Falkok [450]
 
Posts: 495
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Subnet

Re: Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

Postby Krutz » 27 May 2019, 03:17

except thats already in the game. there are so many automatics, that eric already pretty much occupied every distinguishable slot of power in the reasonable power range. and even then, there are still overpowered weapons that cross the line a little (rayrifle)

and rails straight up dont have penetration, its only bullets that have penetration. so it doesnt matter what the power of a rail is, it wont pen because of the projectile class's properties

the fact that your AUG wouldnt possibly be a unique weapon deviates from the topic a little though

and if you read what i said a little more closely, i said that the reasons why adding "real-life" weapons is distasteful are that they take little creativity (if any) and lead to functional redundancies

and like i said, i dont see how it really matters if faction arsenals are "balanced" in quantity or functions

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 20 October 2013, 16:52

Re: Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

Postby phsc » 27 May 2019, 03:28

not only the rayrifle but like DPS wise im pretty sure the CS OICW is pretty op
but like, said weapons arent really in the campaign other than the minigun, virus gun and heavy railgun

but for it not to have penetration there has to be a impact, in that impact you can delay frames based on the angle of firing and calculating the size that it takes for it to pass 1px or whatever(it already happens btw) and know what the distance is, if it is you can use the speed of the bullet to calculate the time it would take for it to pass said value and kind of skip the contact frame

the topic isnt even about supply n demand anymore

and what is wrong with functional redundancies? what is so good about creativity?

and then if functional redundancies are bad doesnt quatity and function matter?


the thing about balance in functions is that, lets say i want to make a general map to be approved that is about the CS vs usurpation, ok, what gun do i give to the aliens that fit with the lore, the alien rifle! now, what gun do i give to the CS to make it balanced? DPS and use in practice are two very different things, and thus a team could have an advantage over the other, in DM it doesnt happen but in COOP it is a big deal, most decent maps are symetrical and with the same factions but for aesthetical reasons it would be good to have two extremely similar if not equal(as in values) weapons for two opposing factions

its functioanlly dedundant but then why do we even deliciously exquisite pizza sauce have textures lets just give everyone like the same gun with different colors that defines its values!!!
User avatar
phsc
Phoenix Falkok [450]
 
Posts: 495
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Subnet

Re: Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

Postby phsc » 27 May 2019, 03:32

going to post it in another comment since you are viewing the page so i am unsure if you are replying, a problem with our stupid rule that one cannot doublepost

but aesthetics is a big deal, two guns can have a different appearance, and with stat modding they can be whatever the map developer wants, but the thing is that it is very hard to be aesthetically redundant, and it matters a lot for custom maps both multiplayer and singleplayer, if not even for approved maps sometimes but these specific cases are rare
User avatar
phsc
Phoenix Falkok [450]
 
Posts: 495
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Subnet

Re: Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

Postby Roxxar » 27 May 2019, 03:40

do you not know what discretion means? if you just google "define descretion" the first definition that comes up is not the one im referencing. the second definition is as follows: the freedom to decide what should be done in a particular situation. this is what im talking about. dont go off about "ok so the artists DO control the game, they have freedom" well no, the latter half of the definition is "IN A PARTICULAR SITUATION." its a complex decision. some can define it as "having good judgment" or maybe just "making a decision." thats all fine and dandy, but you're still misunderstanding what im saying

ultimately what im getting at is that the artist has to take in what the game has or lacks, and submit (not make) their fanarts accordingly; if the fanart is introducing something the game lacks, flesh it out! you somehow went from an extreme of "ok the game has a strict 2:7 ratio, ONLY 2 REALISTIC GUN AND 7 FUTURISTIC GUN BUNDLES" to another extreme of "ok, the artist has complete control LET'S FILL UP THE FUTURISTICS FORGET THE REALISTICS". yes this is black and white. and again, no this is not what im saying at all. let me copy-paste the first sentence again to repeat what i actually am saying: ultimately what im getting at is that the artist has to take in what the game has or lacks, and submit (not make) their fanarts accordingly; if the fanart is introducing something the game lacks, flesh it out!

also i cant believe you just pulled out a literal definition of terrorists for a complete political meaning and history behind this hypothetical "AV/rebel terrorists." dont mention how i pulled out the definition for "discretion"; this is completely different and i hope you and i both know that. an artist's discretion should be real, but for a terrorist faction in a 2D flash game that takes place in the future? really? do you study the rationale and history behind the terrorists in CS:GO and the covenant in the halo series as well?
i will be ironically referencing DARK CLAN, but is this what the DARK CLAN is focusing on? the theological, political and socioeconomic meaning of what a terrorist faction in-game means?
User avatar
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 139
Joined: 16 July 2013, 19:47
Location: Trash Can

Re: Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

Postby Krutz » 27 May 2019, 03:42

i again dont really see how it matters that theyre not in campaign... i dont know what you rambled on about penetration, ive said the facts and its really not a complicated one so ill leave it at that

creativity is interesting; its more interesting when people make an rmk rather than an RPG. and again you misunderstand that it's not "bad" to have redundant weapons, i just think it shouldnt be preferable (i really dont know how many times ive said this already)

and like ive said, again, i wouldnt mind if factions have similar weapons (alien sniper rifle and sniper rifle cs-yky), i just see that as another beauty of the factions—disparity in arsenals

and i didnt understand your silly mention of textures...

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 20 October 2013, 16:52

Re: Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

Postby phsc » 27 May 2019, 04:03

Roxxar wrote:do you not know what discretion means? if you just google "define descretion" the first definition that comes up is not the one im referencing. the second definition is as follows: the freedom to decide what should be done in a particular situation. this is what im talking about. dont go off about "ok so the artists DO control the game, they have freedom" well no, the latter half of the definition is "IN A PARTICULAR SITUATION." its a complex decision. some can define it as "having good judgment" or maybe just "making a decision." thats all fine and dandy, but you're still misunderstanding what im saying

ARTISTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE FREEDOM TO DECIDE WHAT SHOULD BE DONE IN A PARTICULAR SITUATION
what situation does the artist control? what they want to make and what they make!

Roxxar wrote:ultimately what im getting at is that the artist has to take in what the game has or lacks, and submit (not make) their fanarts accordingly; if the fanart is introducing something the game lacks, flesh it out! you somehow went from an extreme of "ok the game has a strict 2:7 ratio, ONLY 2 REALISTIC GUN AND 7 FUTURISTIC GUN BUNDLES" to another extreme of "ok, the artist has complete control LET'S FILL UP THE FUTURISTICS FORGET THE REALISTICS". yes this is black and white. and again, no this is not what im saying at all. let me copy-paste the first sentence again to repeat what i actually am saying: ultimately what im getting at is that the artist has to take in what the game has or lacks, and submit (not make) their fanarts accordingly; if the fanart is introducing something the game lacks, flesh it out!

i didnt mention submitting and again it is much easier to filter it after submitting and FOR deliciously exquisite pizza sauce SAKE A deliciously exquisite pizza sauce BOW N ARROW N A deliciously exquisite pizza sauce PUMPKIN MAN WERE SUBMITTED
i didnt go from the extreme i assumed that was your opinion, then YOU SHOULD CONSIDER EXTREMES IF YOURE CONSIDERING A SUBJECTIVE DECISION THAT IS WHAT SHOULD BE DONE IN A PARTICULAR SITUATION THAT IS CONTROLLED BY THE ARTIST
what the game lacks is subjective as deliciously exquisite pizza sauce, it lacks a realistic AK-47 for example! the game lacks a pumpkin man too!
and then aesthetically it is hard to define waht it lacks and doesnt, like if two things have the same function but are in appearance different theyre not the same thing
and youre assuming everybody that stops to think will achieve what you achieve which is simply not true, and youre also assuming that people who create stuff you dont think fit didnt do that and im pretty sure people who create realistic weapons were like "yo dude we dont have realistic weapons" but thats just an example

Roxxar wrote:also i cant believe you just pulled out a literal definition of terrorists for a complete political meaning and history behind this hypothetical "AV/rebel terrorists." dont mention how i pulled out the definition for "discretion"; this is completely different and i hope you and i both know that. an artist's discretion should be real, but for a terrorist faction in a 2D flash game that takes place in the future? really? do you study the rationale and history behind the terrorists in CS:GO and the covenant in the halo series as well?

didnt u say we need lore or something?

[/quote]i will be ironically referencing DARK CLAN, but is this what the DARK CLAN is focusing on? the theological, political and socioeconomic meaning of what a terrorist faction in-game means?[/quote]
got to love appeals to ridicule but what is the problem it would make a good lore

HEY ERIC IF YOU ARE READING THIS HIRE ME TO WRITE PB2.5S LORE






Krutz wrote:i again dont really see how it matters that theyre not in campaign... i dont know what you rambled on about penetration, ive said the facts and its really not a complicated one so ill leave it at that

isnt the general idea of having a higher average DPS weapon group good for the campaign because enemies are tanky as deliciously exquisite pizza sauce and thus OP weapons could have a use?

Krutz wrote:creativity is interesting; its more interesting when people make an rmk rather than an RPG. and again you misunderstand that it's not "bad" to have redundant weapons, i just think it shouldnt be preferable (i really dont know how many times ive said this already)

your opinion on both things, the RMK wasnt originally intended to be like it is as in projectiles n slot if i remember right too

Krutz wrote:and like ive said, again, i wouldnt mind if factions have similar weapons (alien sniper rifle and sniper rifle cs-yky), i just see that as another beauty of the factions—disparity in arsenals


"i dont see how it really matters if faction arsenals are "balanced" in quantity or functions"

"and again you misunderstand that it's not "bad" to have redundant weapons, i just think it shouldnt be preferable"

if something is not preferable, you dont mind it? what?

Krutz wrote:and i didnt understand your silly mention of textures...

ok so youre talking about redundant weapons
if two guns have the exact same attributes and functions as in damage values n etc, if their appearance is different its not redundant

and i know what redundant means because clearly you guys are the smarter ones here amrite phsc big dumb!!!!11!!1!!eleven!!!!
User avatar
phsc
Phoenix Falkok [450]
 
Posts: 495
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Subnet

Re: Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

Postby Krutz » 27 May 2019, 04:11

you can solve the campaign issue with just weapon upgrades lol

yes of course theyre my opinions... i dont know why you keep repeating that. its a given; yes, theyre my opinions

i dont care if a gun that very closely resembles a real life weapon gets into the game, i really dont. i just rather that not happen, seems like wasted attention in a way. its that simple.

no, im talking about if their stats are very similar, then theyre essentially redundant. im not talking about appearances, i dont know where you got that from. your aug, for example, would be a redundant rifle if it were added to the game, considering the existing automatic rifles

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 20 October 2013, 16:52

Re: Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

Postby Roxxar » 27 May 2019, 04:29

artists control what they [want to] make, yes obviously, but im talking about what they SUBMIT and/or what gets into the game. i dont know why you keep brushing over that when thats the thing im talking about the most.

the bow + arrow and pumpkin thing are, as by my statement, something the artist should have decided [not] to submit, via their DISCRETION. by your logic it should be fine that they submitted the pumpkin and bow + arrow because hey, thats their choice their freedom their opportunity their art in-game.
literally no one in this thread has mentioned nor endorsed those extremes; everyone has been saying this idea of BALANCE. there is no objective answer, yes, but theres this IDEA of balance that people can at least observe with the current quantity of guns/content in-game that they can conclude through via circumstantial evidence. im not saying i want realistic artists to think there needs to be more futuristic guns (even though thats my personal opinion), im saying artists need to understand that balance and come to a conclusion for themselves. what balance its subjective you say? circumstantial evidence; they can come to their own conclusions after but just FLESH IT OUT.
(i.e. "wow this game is about space marines and has a lot of futuristic stuff. hey i know, i'll try to create/submit a new faction idea with guns AND skins AND details AND decorations" is just as fine as "wow this game is about space marines and has a lot of futuristic stuff. hey i know, i should make and submit futuristic stuff because thats what this game is about")

and lore as in actual in-game content. why are you considering politics and/or economic reasoning with the av/terrorists if thats not even established for any other faction. when i say lore in this context, i mean other things that other factions have like oh idk, a skin? maybe a vehicle? just something other than their guns because that's clearly all thats being said about this av/rebel faction.
User avatar
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 139
Joined: 16 July 2013, 19:47
Location: Trash Can

Re: Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

Postby phsc » 27 May 2019, 04:53

JESUS CHRIST AND THEN IN THE ONE WHO DOENST UNDERSTAND SHIT youre prob trolling right now

Krutz wrote:you can solve the campaign issue with just weapon upgrades lol

depends on the size of the campaign, like a pistol c01 is really bad later in pb2s campaign, we dont know the size of pb2.5s campaign and how many weapon slots there are going to be n etc

Krutz wrote:yes of course theyre my opinions... i dont know why you keep repeating that. its a given; yes, theyre my opinions

pumpkin man should be added

Krutz wrote:i dont care if a gun that very closely resembles a real life weapon gets into the game, i really dont. i just rather that not happen, seems like wasted attention in a way. its that simple.

so you care about it at least a little bit!

Krutz wrote:no, im talking about if their stats are very similar, then theyre essentially redundant. im not talking about appearances, i dont know where you got that from. your aug, for example, would be a redundant rifle if it were added to the game, considering the existing automatic rifles

JESUS CHRIST this is intentional right?
google my dude
"not or no longer needed or useful; superfluous."
IT STILL HAS A USE WHICH IS ITS APPEARANCE, i want to create a USSR map in PB2, i take the AK-47 skin taht is a generic assault rifle! it has a use! that was a bad example but you get it, i want a CS vs usurp map, ooh i cant cuz there is no gun balance!

also why even have skins that have same atributes its redundant only ones that matter are ones that have effects like heavy skins like CS fat marine fat falkok etc!!!!!!





Roxxar wrote:artists control what they [want to] make, yes obviously, but im talking about what they SUBMIT and/or what gets into the game. i dont know why you keep brushing over that when thats the thing im talking about the most.

it doesnt deliciously exquisite pizza sauce matter what they submit

Roxxar wrote:the bow + arrow and pumpkin thing are, as by my statement, something the artist should have decided [not] to submit, via their DISCRETION. by your logic it should be fine that they submitted the pumpkin and bow + arrow because hey, thats their choice their freedom their opportunity their art in-game.

do you think anyone would actually vote for that and if that happened do you think that Eric would accept it? i mean i have no problems with having that it would make some great maps i guess i would use it just because how bad it is as a skin cuz i dont take the game much seriously so i guess that was nice

Roxxar wrote:literally no one in this thread has mentioned nor endorsed those extremes; everyone has been saying this idea of BALANCE. there is no objective answer, yes, but theres this IDEA of balance that people can at least observe with the current quantity of guns/content in-game that they can conclude through via circumstantial evidence. im not saying i want realistic artists to think there needs to be more futuristic guns (even though thats my personal opinion), im saying artists need to understand that balance and come to a conclusion for themselves. what balance its subjective you say? circumstantial evidence; they can come to their own conclusions after but just FLESH IT OUT.

balance is not always used objectively, people like putting more weight on some things and not other things

Roxxar wrote:(i.e. "wow this game is about space marines and has a lot of futuristic stuff. hey i know, i'll try to create/submit a new faction idea with guns AND skins AND details AND decorations" is just as fine as "wow this game is about space marines and has a lot of futuristic stuff. hey i know, i should make and submit futuristic stuff because thats what this game is about")

"wow this game is about space marines and has a lot of futuristic stuff. i am jason eden i want it to become realistic as deliciously exquisite pizza sauce because why not!"
for real take a look at what he said, he considered it right and fair and making sense, just saying people arent always going to achieve at that... hes a living example

Roxxar wrote:and lore as in actual in-game content. why are you considering politics and/or economic reasoning with the av/terrorists if thats not even established for any other faction. when i say lore in this context, i mean other things that other factions have like oh idk, a skin? maybe a vehicle? just something other than their guns because that's clearly all thats being said about this av/rebel faction.

PB2s lore suck we need actual good reasoning behind shit, and it was something extremely simplistic i did
if i make a gun called the AS-35r shouldnt i explain what the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce AS means? and then develop it and create lore for it as lets say a manufacturer?
User avatar
phsc
Phoenix Falkok [450]
 
Posts: 495
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Subnet

Re: Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

Postby Krutz » 27 May 2019, 05:04

i dont get why you feel the need to act like a child when youre talking here

i dont know why youre talking about pb2.5...

if you want to be pedantic, sure i care a little

implementing your aug would be superfluous (redundant) because itd just essentially be a duplicate weapon

skins that have the same attributes? wat are you talking about... those are player models, we're talking about the game's guns

just like your opinion is that you think cs vs usurpation maps arent possible because of arsenal asymmetries, i think its cool because it sets the factions apart, i dont mind it as it is right now

you seem to have a flawed understanding of opinions. you mock that im telling my opinions, then you just respond with your own, i dont really get it

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 20 October 2013, 16:52

Re: Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

Postby phsc » 27 May 2019, 05:16

what




JESUS CHRIST YOU STILL DIDNT UNDERSTAND

so it wouldnt be a duplicate gun because its appearance is different it matters, just because it has the same function doesnt mean its the same thing and thus its not a duplicate

IT WAS A JOKE ABOUT YOUR LOGIC, all skins serve for the same purpose, being the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce players, what happens is that since they have the same function appearance doesnt matter!!! its a joke its ridiculous Leibniz and his identity of indiscernibles theory are deliciously exquisite pizza sauce proud

they are possible its just not going to be fair or balanced, it will still let the factions apart just make it balanced

its your opinion that i have a flawed understanding of opinions
User avatar
phsc
Phoenix Falkok [450]
 
Posts: 495
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Subnet

Re: Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

Postby Roxxar » 27 May 2019, 05:18

yes it does matter what they submit, for the precise reason of its something people will vote on and something eric may or may not accept. its not all on the community/eric, the artist should be able to discern what should or shouldnt make it

thats what im saying about balance. there's an idea of it in the game already; its the artist's decision and DISCRETION of what that balance means to them in terms of what to submit. as long as its not excessive and is fleshed out properly, as ive said before, thats fine

the jason eden/terror only/lostmydollar (idk were they the same person? whatever) thing is a precise example of why im talking about discretion or at least the thing of fleshing out content. he should have known blatant unarmored boobs wouldnt have gotten in. he should have known just spattering on like 10 different slot 2 rifles wouldnt have all gotten in. its all about knowing what to submit rather than just submitting a smorgasbord of content and just hoping it would all tie in together. if i had just submitted my guns and said nothing more, would people have inferred they were falkonian-based aka something the game objectively lacks (falkonian content)? a lot of stuff got in, sure, (relative to what was accepted, but arguably not relative to what he submitted) but now look at what we're discussing and what that means for the game as a whole.

lore doesnt need to be THAT specific jesus christ. that wasnt simplistic at all. how about for starters, what they look like and what's their relationship with the cs (e.g. enemies, allies, business partners, etc.)? just throw ideas out there and people will tag along or not. its not about appeasing everyone, its about an idea that makes sense
can you please stop saying "fuk" with a C, because apparently you sure do like pizza sauce.
User avatar
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 139
Joined: 16 July 2013, 19:47
Location: Trash Can

Re: Fanart Supply and Demand: A Summation

Postby XFrostByteX » 27 May 2019, 10:31

Phsc what do you hope to gain from this discussion.
User avatar
XFrostByteX
Recruit
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 24 November 2015, 05:27

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users