Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series.

Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby Jason Eden » 12 April 2019, 13:59

You all might have noticed that staff members can no longer perform their duties the way they did before. They are quite inactive, they don't check forum reports, they can't find time to check approval section or to finish the staff recruitment they announced 2 months ago. Sometimes they are acting superior to regular users and sometimes they discuss prohibited topics in the chat (p*rn/dr*gs/etc. conversations).

We, as a community, shoud be authorized to decide if we want them in the Staff team of PB3 or not. What is your opinion? Eric will listen to us if we all come to the same or similar conclusion, and so I'm asking you: do you think we should keep the current staff team in PB3 or should we have an entirely new one?

P.S. The point of this topic is not to initiate a drama or a flamewar, but to find the answer to the question: "Is staff team competent enough to be kept in the upcoming game?". So, any staff member reading this, please do not lock this topic. It's an important question that many people are worried about. Your job is to make us follow the rules and this topic does not break any.
User avatar
Jason Eden
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 135
Joined: 8 December 2018, 14:30

Re: Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby Resi » 12 April 2019, 14:05

This game is a violent shooter. The violence may not be realistic, but it's still there. What's so wrong about swearing? And talking about drugs or porn?

Why did you even censor those words? They aren't swears.

I would appreciate a better staff team, but I don't see a big deal about this. Two users are being vulgar, big deal. If they aren't insulting anyone I feel like you shouldn't really worry about it.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
User avatar
Resi
Lite Marine [800]
 
Posts: 833
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby Oriental » 12 April 2019, 17:11

yes

Your message contains 3 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 30.
User avatar
Oriental
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 201
Joined: 7 September 2018, 19:18
Location: Somewhere in Nevada...

Re: Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby phsc » 12 April 2019, 17:20

yes we need PB2 to become a very big authoritarian government so we all can worship the supreme leader stalin online and 1984 tiananmen square net neutrality article 13 now please let me print some money so the keynesianism machine keeps working ops world crisis in 2020-2023 by the austrian school of economics? its all capitalisms fault! good thing im buying bitcoin n gold deliciously exquisite pizza sauce

seriously though, maybe just allow everybody to apply again, and verify if they fit well, simple as that
User avatar
phsc
Phoenix Falkok [450]
 
Posts: 499
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Subnet

Re: Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby tehswordninja » 12 April 2019, 19:59

Last time we did recruitment, nothing came out of it. This might be subject to change, but personally, I'm not too sure.

This makes it somewhat clear that we've really run out of new team members at the moment. While incoming new players and returning older players will boost the population once PB2.5/PB3 comes out, no one at the moment has the same amount of staffing time besides the staff team itself (excluding ex-staff).

So, issues with the team or not, I don't foresee an entirely new team or even a majority of the team being replaced - at least for the beginning era of PB2.5/PB3. Eric needs a group who are versed with the site/game on launch; a new, fresh team with no prior knowledge of how staffing worked in PB2 would be at a big disadvantage.

I do see the complaints users have about the staff and I'm not ignoring them. I'll see what I can do about all of it because I agree in that staff response time should be quicker than it currently is, but do keep this in mind; does the staff team really need to keep the same level of activity they did back in 2013? Times have changed and the number of reports, the size of the community, etc have all shrunk tremendously. This doesn't really excuse cases of inactivity, but I do hope people factor this in when they make posts like this.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
User avatar
tehswordninja
Head Moderator
 
Posts: 698
Joined: 10 November 2013, 17:24
Location: Witty tagline

Re: Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby Hikarikaze » 12 April 2019, 20:15

tehswordninja wrote:do keep this in mind; does the staff team really need to keep the same level of activity they did back in 2013?

Do keep in mind that literally no one is asking for 2013 levels of activity because it's well known that it's not possible to reach that level of activity anymore. You can stop bringing up that point as if someone else was asking for it now. Only you are reaching to the conclusion that people want that specific level of activity despite that not being stated at all
User avatar
Hikarikaze
Proxy [700]
 
Posts: 799
Joined: 24 January 2014, 02:05
Location: Somewhere, just not here

Re: Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby Jason Eden » 12 April 2019, 22:01

tehswordninja wrote:Eric needs a group who are versed with the site/game on launch; a new, fresh team with no prior knowledge of how staffing worked in PB2 would be at a big disadvantage.

Staff job is super easy. Anyone can learn all the necessary information regarding moderation in less than 1 hour. Don't use this "argument" in your defense.

tehswordninja wrote:Last time we did recruitment, nothing came out of it.

You had a lot of applicants. Just because your team did not accept anyone doesn't mean that it was a failed recruitment. You scuppered it.

tehswordninja wrote:This makes it somewhat clear that we've really run out of new team members at the moment

Somewhat "clear"? Where exactly is it clear, can you tell me please? Many good people applied, but you did not accept anyone. And so it makes it "clear" to you, right? You need to clear your eyes. That's what clear here.

tehswordninja wrote:I do see the complaints users have about the staff and I'm not ignoring them. I'll see what I can do about all of it

You had a few years to do something about it because these issues are not new, but you did not do anything at all. If this is not "ignoring the problem", then I don't know how to call it. What will you do? Tell your friends to be more active and professional? Don't waste your time. I've already tried that.

tehswordninja wrote:because I agree in that staff response time should be quicker than it currently is, but do keep this in mind; does the staff team really need to keep the same level of activity they did back in 2013? Times have changed and the number of reports, the size of the community, etc have all shrunk tremendously. This doesn't really excuse cases of inactivity, but I do hope people factor this in when they make posts like this.

It's not just about the inactivity/big response time. Your team talks about p*rn and dr*gs with underage children in the chat, your team shows disrespect and indifference to people who criticize the quality of their work. Your head moderator called me a jerk twice. You cannot find 5 minutes to make a simple map fix. And instead of fixing your behaviour or hiring new professional moderators all you do is talk shit about people who express objective criticism in your address. You break your own Code of Conduct and don't even worry about it. I've got 2 official warnings for no real reason and I will not be surprised if I get a third one after you read this message. Because using the tools is the only thing unprofessional moderator can do. You will never be able to fix yourselves. Only demotion of the whole Staff team may solve the problems that have accumulated over the years.
Last edited by Jason Eden on 12 April 2019, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Jason Eden
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 135
Joined: 8 December 2018, 14:30

Re: Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby Resi » 12 April 2019, 22:09

tehswordninja wrote:Last time we did recruitment, nothing came out of it. This might be subject to change, but personally, I'm not too sure.


I'm here if you guys need more people.

I've been improving my ways as part of growing up, and I don't think I'll like enforcing rules much, but helping PB2 and speeding up activity could be nice. If something happens, I could quit at any time.

As for the application, I've already PM'ed Tempus and Doom a lot, so eh.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
User avatar
Resi
Lite Marine [800]
 
Posts: 833
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby Hikarikaze » 13 April 2019, 01:10

ZapruderFilm wrote:No one wants staff that write long essays of complaints on the forums lol.

No one wants staff whose reading comprehension drops out after the second word lol
User avatar
Hikarikaze
Proxy [700]
 
Posts: 799
Joined: 24 January 2014, 02:05
Location: Somewhere, just not here

Re: Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby phsc » 13 April 2019, 01:17

its time for me to yet again show the magic way of logic to mr eden just to get ignored but i am actually going to do problem fixing this time so listen up staff doodz

You all might have noticed that staff members can no longer perform their duties the way they did before. They are quite inactive, they don't check forum reports, they can't find time to check approval section or to finish the staff recruitment they announced 2 months ago. Sometimes they are acting superior to regular users and sometimes they discuss prohibited topics in the chat (p*rn/dr*gs/etc. conversations).

they can still perform their duties, they just do it less, and there are many methods of fixing that, there are two main methods:

1. staff does less work
2. we get more people for staff

the 1st case is the easiest, there are a lot of useless rules, rules that literally just dont have any reasoning behind, i wont bother doing a small analysis like i did for the map approval guideline because nobody other than hik went trough it, but really, why are topics prohibited? what is the problem with doubleposting? what even is content that is relevant to a topic? first define it, objectively, so it generates no conflict, then allow users to submit stuff to staff so all they do is verify and ban, simple as that, i have a suggestion which is that being done by a bot zap can make using a lot of code already done that would simply take the reports and post it in a specific channel that only staff can see, the reason why the report is invalid and boom, click check n do their work, same for reporting users n etc

We, as a community, shoud be authorized to decide if we want them in the Staff team of PB3 or not.

why? you just say things as absolute truths with no reasoning, we dont own pb2 eric does, we dont pay for it, we just play it, and actually this small elitist group of the forums isnt the vast majority of the players, which are like generic dark clan members, 10 year old guests n etc, WE includes them and they are the vast majority, if you want a democratic system that generates many problems but i wont go into that rn

Eric will listen to us if we all come to the same or similar conclusion, and so I'm asking you: do you think we should keep the current staff team in PB3 or should we have an entirely new one?

nope, he wouldnt, if we all told eric to add porn to pb2 he wouldnt add porn to pb2, if we all wanted eric to add pb2 to steam he wouldnt, the forum elite isnt the vast majority, eric knows that, his actions kinda say that indirectly, the game is his not ours, accept that mr eden, you dont own it

on the staff team though there is no reason for the current members to leave, i dont like some, i like some, but as i mentioned it is just much simpler and easier to just remove everybody from the team a while before pb2, allow applications again, eric tempus n idk zap n doom verify them cuz theyre the higher rankings, they put in new people, and gg, though the most competent comunity members do not want to join or wouldnt apply again


i agree with silverteens point


now into teh

Last time we did recruitment, nothing came out of it. This might be subject to change, but personally, I'm not too sure.

its because the most competent ppl didnt apply or removed their apps, these people are kind of old and have important stuff to do, the current members are kinda in that level too, we need less staff, better rules and features, reverify staff and maybe add new people, and then maybe it can work, but BEFORE pb2.5/3 releases, adaption n testing are important


and i agree with hik too


but now into refuting the mastermind

Staff job is super easy. Anyone can learn all the necessary information regarding moderation in less than 1 hour. Don't use this "argument" in your defense.

pretentious as deliciously exquisite pizza sauce but also narcissistic, that is not an argument that is just your opinion on the topic, which differs from many
BUT YOURE EVEN WRONG
so here is the thing, reading the rules, learning the amount you need about the game n map approval guidelines n etc takes a long time, it is not a process you can go trough quickly, its like starting to make a complex program the day before you need to show it to your boss, it is going to be bad, you need to verify it and others to also do the same, just because you think you know everything in 1 hour it means nothing, tahts called dunning kruger, youre the kind of person that reads the introduction to critique of pure reason n think you can refute kant with that statement

but even then, THAT IS NOT WHAT MAKES A GOOD STAFF MEMBER, following rules is important BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT IS: being able to not have bias

in the past that was a big thing, boz staff period n etc, that is the biggest problem, no human is perfect, everybody has problems, the best people at that arent the most social ones n are not the kind of people that enjoy that kind of work, that is a big problem, other than the fact one cant be a robot n just follow rules, you need to accept critics to it, rules are made to be refuted so better ones are created, same for authorities n etc, if a thing is good there is no negative points n there are a lot to pb2s current rules, but not what you say, it shouldnt be stricter, it should be less, its not effective in any possible way i can see

but now things are going to get sad
You had a lot of applicants. Just because your team did not accept anyone doesn't mean that it was a failed recruitment. You scuppered it.

youre so ignorant its hilarious, first of all, THEY CANNOT ACCEPT ANYONE! the best applicants like idk ditzy hex n etc removed their apps as they told me or didnt even apply, other than that... who are we accepting? ecc9? mlg cool dominik?

you would be ridiculously terrible as a staff member, biased, strict to rules but in a terrible way because youre a narcissist who cannot accept being wrong

and in my case its the opposite i wouldnt ban people for shit n i am kind of an asshole too but in a complete different way, other than the fact i have a ban history though i know a lot about the game and care about it like the map rating glitch i found a while ago n etc though in the past it was the opposite but lets ignore that i dont think i should join even though others say the opposite but zap made a good point about me being an asshole in a general way that time i called a dude a fag

but lets kill common sense
Somewhat "clear"? Where exactly is it clear, can you tell me please? Many good people applied, but you did not accept anyone. And so it makes it "clear" to you, right? You need to clear your eyes. That's what clear here.

who? give names, you dont know all the information mr eden, again i recommend critique of pure reason n human action but you dont seem like the kind of person taht would have the mental capacity to read such complex books

You had a few years to do something about it because these issues are not new, but you did not do anything at all. If this is not "ignoring the problem", then I don't know how to call it. What will you do? Tell your friends to be more active and professional? Don't waste your time. I've already tried that.

i could make a comparation with socialism but nobody cares about how centralization doesnt work n this is supposed to happen in theory BUT LETS GET TO THE POINT
what could they do? first of all mr eden, you screaming at staff is different from teh talking to them, ethos my dude, ethos, also the fact teh isnt a complete lunatic

and now the best part
It's not just about the inactivity/big response time.

it is the biggest problem as it affects everything else!!!

Your team talks about p*rn and dr*gs with underage children in the chat, your team shows disrespect and indifference to people who criticize the quality of their work.

whats the problem, its the discord, drugs shouldnt be prohibited just because you dont like them, porn is natural to the human being, as sex is also, the part about indifference is true though must agree

Your head moderator called me a jerk twice.

oh no he said bad words
OFFENSES ARE PURELY SUBJECTIVE AND THUS I DONT THINK THERE SHOULD BE RULES IN CORRELATION WITH THEM and words have subjective meanings like the word "capitalism" has many problems, some from a marxist view think it means the same as "corporativism" as by a libertarian, just a small example, jerk can mean something positive for someone and negative for other, language sucks as a method of communication feat. wittgenstein but YOURE A JERK DUDE YOURE A COMPLETE LUNATIC ASSHOLE NARCISSIST CAN YOU REALZIE THAT ALREADY its not others ITS YOU

You cannot find 5 minutes to make a simple map fix.

yes because you are always right and all you say is absolute truth mr eden and people cannot disagree with your suggestions

And instead of fixing your behaviour or hiring new professional moderators all you do is talk shit about people who express objective criticism in your address.

yes eric has much money hes like maduro in venezuela he just prints it all out (inflation doesnt exist too) and it is not objective criticism tis subjective you dont do absolute stuff like if i say "THIS IS WRONG BECAUSE THIS FALLS UNDER IDK KAFKA TRAP" that is objective, now if i say "I MORALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU" that doesnt say anything morals are personal, at most a ethical system which in pb2s case should be the rules but nobody follows them so why should we use them? individuals always choose what is the best as in a general way, just ebcause you disagree youre not right ffs narcissists are so annoying

You break your own Code of Conduct and don't even worry about it.

when did they break it? calling you a jerk? was it in pb2 directly? even then, define jerk

I've got 2 official warnings for no real reason and I will not be surprised if I get a third one after you read this message.

no real reason i mean literally thinking youre superior to everyone else eand that the game should be exactly what you think it should be is nothing right?
IF YOU WANT PB2 TO BE WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE PAY A GAME DEVELOPER TO CREATE IT OR CREATE IT YOURSELF FFS

Because using the tools is the only thing unprofessional moderator can do.

what would a professional moderator do? leave staff because they called you jerk? you call other insects, such a hypocrite, this is a tu quoque fallacy though

You will never be able to fix yourselves.

look at the mirror

Only demotion of the whole Staff team may solve the problems that have accumulated over the years.
[/quote]
non sequitur weird flex but ok
youre acting like staff is a group, youre ignoring the fact it is a conjunction of individuals, there are many staff mebmers i only see you criticizing such as kiriakos, and some who ive never seen anyone have a problem with such as guide, why should they leave? because they dont follow your orders? youre a complete lunatic you need to learn that


and over what silverteen said, i agree with him, silverteen is nice n i think he would be a fine addition to staff, z7xfire ayano mrblake darkstar ditzy hex zhen flora mrnat artichoke maybe even me or hik or idk could also be nice but a lot of these people dont even want to join and that is why the staff apps were a failure



and now this is a big problem mr zap said
No one wants staff that write long essays of complaints on the forums lol.

so i understand your point jason writes n writes n says nothing he ignores every critic made to him and wants others to follow what he says, but your point is wrong, you should read it, its not even much text i mean after you read voltaire talking about jews n how they are nice this seems like nothing or like the refutations to descartes god n hes like "yo this doensnt refute me" book gets banned by church anyway but i agree with hik on this, maybe not jason eden but other people like me or hik, at least read it, or hire people in staff that would(SILVERTEEN IS A GOOD PERSON BECAUSE HE UNIRONICALLY DOES!)

tldr; the thing i said on the first comment with the use of irony
User avatar
phsc
Phoenix Falkok [450]
 
Posts: 499
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Subnet

Re: Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby Hikarikaze » 13 April 2019, 01:56

phsc wrote:when did they break it? calling you a jerk? was it in pb2 directly? even then, define jerk

I think you can make a case of staff not following it with these examples:

One word posting: viewtopic.php?f=179&t=20436&p=200019#p200019 and viewtopic.php?f=117&t=22301&p=198926#p198926

Freeposting: viewtopic.php?f=179&t=20436&p=200019#p200024

Of course those two rules aren't really important to most people and it's not really recent but they're still rules and it still happened nonetheless. Frankly I think it helps make a bad impression. If staff can do that and get away with it with little to no consequence, it wouldn't make sense for a regular user to face the intended consequences for the same thing. Plus this is a head mod not following simple rules more than once. Anyone in that position should know better or at least be expected to know better.

This isn't the first time I've seen a head mod break rules either. Only difference is that consequences were in store that time, so I have expectations of some sort of consistency given that precedence. Great, now I've written a "novella" so I can't wait for this post to be cast aside too
User avatar
Hikarikaze
Proxy [700]
 
Posts: 799
Joined: 24 January 2014, 02:05
Location: Somewhere, just not here

Re: Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby phsc » 13 April 2019, 02:50

Hikarikaze wrote:
phsc wrote:when did they break it? calling you a jerk? was it in pb2 directly? even then, define jerk

I think you can make a case of staff not following it with these examples:

One word posting: viewtopic.php?f=179&t=20436&p=200019#p200019 and viewtopic.php?f=117&t=22301&p=198926#p198926

Freeposting: viewtopic.php?f=179&t=20436&p=200019#p200024

the first case seems unjustified, the second one makes sense i mean i think 1 word posting is a bad concept, a word can say much, like the farewell he said perfectly gives on the message he wanted to give, why should he need to write more?
third case seems to be for a comical reason which i do not consider freeposting but staff seems to consider, zap himself not much but other members yeah, so i think it might be more of a problem within staff, and lack of definition for what freeposting is


Hikarikaze wrote:Of course those two rules aren't really important to most people and it's not really recent but they're still rules and it still happened nonetheless. Frankly I think it helps make a bad impression. If staff can do that and get away with it with little to no consequence, it wouldn't make sense for a regular user to face the intended consequences for the same thing. Plus this is a head mod not following simple rules more than once. Anyone in that position should know better or at least be expected to know better.

not much to say


Hikarikaze wrote:This isn't the first time I've seen a head mod break rules either. Only difference is that consequences were in store that time, so I have expectations of some sort of consistency given that precedence. Great, now I've written a "novella" so I can't wait for this post to be cast aside too

shut up drama insect!!!1!!111eleven!!111 go wirt your're fanfics on tumblr!!111

so i think what we can get from that is how useless these rules are into the level of even some staff members not following them, why have something useless? because jason eden thinks we should? pb2 conservatism?
User avatar
phsc
Phoenix Falkok [450]
 
Posts: 499
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Subnet

Re: Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby Hikarikaze » 13 April 2019, 03:46

phsc wrote:third case seems to be for a comical reason which i do not consider freeposting but staff seems to consider, zap himself not much but other members yeah, so i think it might be more of a problem within staff, and lack of definition for what freeposting is

I only consider it freeposting because it doesn't contribute or have anything to do at all with the topic it's in but it's otherwise a harmless comment that's detached from the entire topic. The fact it's not connected to the topic in any sort of way was why I included it in the post.

One word posting as a rule will only work if it's not so broad. Otherwise things like the farewell comment end up as technically breaking said rule. I actually didn't want to include that example because it makes sense as to why it's only one word but with the way rules are right now, it technically counts as breaking the rule. Some of the rules suffer from broadness and vague parameters already. It works fine as a way to give staff room to consider when and where to apply the rules but it can also make it hard to do that and it can lead to issues if everyone has different ideas on how and when to enforce the rules.

Of course, that rule can just be scrapped and any one word posts that are spam comments can just fall under a "no spamming" rule instead. That way spam comments can be removed like the one word rule intended to go after and people can post one word responses if that's all it takes to say what needs to be said.
User avatar
Hikarikaze
Proxy [700]
 
Posts: 799
Joined: 24 January 2014, 02:05
Location: Somewhere, just not here

Re: Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby Jason Eden » 13 April 2019, 10:05

ZapruderFilm wrote:No one wants staff that write long essays of complaints on the forums lol.

Why do you speak for everyone? I would love to have staff who takes things more seriously than you. "Long essays", at least, are better than your one-word posts that add no useful content to the forum. This is the forum where people should share useful, important and actual information. Everything that said here will stay here forever. This is the place where people post their maps, tutorials for maps, fan art, unique update ideas, etc. People were always discussing the main and most imporant PB2 events here. There is no place for one-word posting and freeposting here. If you want to post useless stuff, then use the chat. Afterall chat is the place where people talk about nothing almost all the time.

The "complaints" part of your message terrifies me the most. Problems exist and we should talk about them if we want to fix them. Instead of listening to other people's complaints and responding to them, you only laugh at them. Jesus Christ, how did you even get into the team. But no wonder, Doomwrath is the same as you, Tempus visits PB2 like once in a month and Kiriakos just doesn't care. I remember times when you guys paid more attention to the problems and to the rules. What happened to you? Or maybe I'm just mistaken and you always have been like this.
User avatar
Jason Eden
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 135
Joined: 8 December 2018, 14:30

Re: Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby Green Eyed Demon » 13 April 2019, 14:52

Staff team needs additional members, old ones can stay.
Greater men than yourself have fallen in the past
You are right to be afraid of what they have become
User avatar
Green Eyed Demon
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 116
Joined: 9 September 2016, 18:26

Re: Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby eru_ » 13 April 2019, 15:32

Current staff members are just good , but we still need more of them in pb3 (y'know pb3 community will be bigger than pb2)
[GHOST] Eru_
User avatar
eru_
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 200
Joined: 18 April 2017, 18:57
Location: In his grave

Re: Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby phsc » 13 April 2019, 15:34

Jason Eden wrote:Why do you speak for everyone?
]
so a while ago i told u to test for aspergers, i think u should really, he isnt literally talking about everyones opinion, just the vast majority of people with common sense, which is also what you do many times, but what he is trying to say is that the vast majority of ppl dont read high amounts of text, i mean how many people would actually go trough a 300 pg book, which is a pretty small value? about "serious" issues? that not considering that a work can be extremely hard to interpret well eg critique of pure reason in which a single comma can change the entire meaning of what youre reading, and you do seem to have problems with interpretation of what other people are trying to say

Jason Eden wrote:I would love to have staff who takes things more seriously than you.

i would love to be the dictator of the entire world, oh wait the world isnt going to adapt to me!
also please give some examples my dude, who

Jason Eden wrote:"Long essays", at least, are better than your one-word posts that add no useful content to the forum.

actually it depends, so who are the ppl that do big posts? me, u and hik
me and hik point out fallacies, give some actual opinion n useful stuff, you just put your moral opinions on stuff and talks about how others are incompetent and inferior to you(because youre a narcissist), hmmm which one is more useful? other than the abuse of fallacies you seem to make
so i agree that zap is wrong by not reading what hik or i(unsure if he does or not but in some cases he did, but still going to point out unsure) say, but what you say almost always is useless, not like it should be ignored and i do read it all mostly for a casual laugh and someone to ridicularize but this isnt important, but a freepost by zap(the one in that approved map thread) that had a similar intention achieved it, or like the farewell thing that literally he doesnt need anything else to make it valid, and then you just talking about how other people are inferior in eg the paul308-base post a dude made, what does it add?

Jason Eden wrote:This is the forum where people should share useful, important and actual information.

define useful, important and actual information
other than that, why? i think something funny is useful, what now?
also msot of this isnt useful, its not going to achieve much

Jason Eden wrote:Everything that said here will stay here forever.

nope
websites go down some day my dude

Jason Eden wrote:This is the place where people post their maps, tutorials for maps, fan art, unique update ideas, etc. People were always discussing the main and most imporant PB2 events here.

just out of curiosity, what ideas?

Jason Eden wrote:There is no place for one-word posting and freeposting here. If you want to post useless stuff, then use the chat. Afterall chat is the place where people talk about nothing almost all the time.

why, what is the correlation, non sequitur af, PEOPLE ALWAYS HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT PB2 RELATED THINGS AND THUS WE SHOULDNT ONE WORD POST OR FREEPOST, with lack of definition for freepost and many problems with one word posting as mentioned above
not only that but people have always been doing that kind of stuf WITH freeposting and one word posting
again your opinion of useful doesnt matter its subjective

Jason Eden wrote:The "complaints" part of your message terrifies me the most. Problems exist and we should talk about them if we want to fix them.

what problem? people saying bad words? you dont have an argument for why that is objectively bad and it is not effective at all
but what i love about you jason is how you question stuff, want people to fix it, but you dont even give people ideas on how to fix it, LETS RECRUIT A BUNCH OF USELESS NEW BIASED 11 YEAR OLDS FOR STAFF! what a genius! it clearly wont create more problems than fix the ones we already have!

BUT WHAT I LOVE THE MOST IS HOW YOU IGNORE PROBLEMS
such as how you dont have actual logic, you impose your morality over others, your narcissism, THE FACT YOU IGNORE CRITICS MADE BY OTHERS, oh wait isnt that kind of hypocritical? (not an argument so not a tu quoque)

Jason Eden wrote:Instead of listening to other people's complaints and responding to them, you only laugh at them.

hmmm whos the one who says that what i write is nonsense WITHOUT EXPLAINING WHY AND HOW OR REFUTING IT?
or just calls people insects WITHOUT ACTUAL LOGIC BACKING IT UP other than MORALS

Jason Eden wrote:Jesus Christ, how did you even get into the team.

he offers a good service, he is capable of creating bots, helping some people, doing some staff work, he looks at website reports, etc, he does do his job, just not much on the forum, which you seem to think is the most important part of pb2, zap on the discord does a good job

Jason Eden wrote:But no wonder, Doomwrath is the same as you, Tempus visits PB2 like once in a month and Kiriakos just doesn't care.

kiriakos doesnt care... this is just ignorance
kiriakos is on the army rn and he doesnt have all the free time on the world as spoiled kids like you jason, youre oging to say "so he should leave staff" but i think kiriakos is the admin people have the least problems with

Jason Eden wrote:I remember times when you guys paid more attention to the problems and to the rules. What happened to you? Or maybe I'm just mistaken and you always have been like this.

well maybe because its not an actual problem and the rules might be wrong?

BUT YOU WILL JUST IGNORE ME AGAIN BECAUSE YOU CANNOT ADMIT BEING WRONG because youre a narcissist n a complete lunatic n etc n etc everybody knows that youre a joke in the pb2 community etc

well maybe hik can bring a good point or some staff member or someone else though



over what eru said, on the discord they do their job, website kinda decent, ingame i dont think anyone even cares but if you tell zap about a porn match or anyone like that he will just go there very likely, forums is what seems like the biggest problem, but then i think its more about the rules instead
User avatar
phsc
Phoenix Falkok [450]
 
Posts: 499
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Subnet

Re: Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby Resi » 13 April 2019, 17:19

Jason Eden wrote:Kiriakos just doesn't care.


?

He's super nice, and whenever I PM him stuff, if he gets the chance he answers and looks into it.

Even if he's usually busy he seems to be a pretty cool guy.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
User avatar
Resi
Lite Marine [800]
 
Posts: 833
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby Jason Eden » 13 April 2019, 18:34

Resi wrote:
Jason Eden wrote:Kiriakos just doesn't care.


?

He's super nice, and whenever I PM him stuff, if he gets the chance he answers and looks into it.

Even if he's usually busy he seems to be a pretty cool guy.

I was questioning why ZapruderFilm is still in the team considering him: 1) talking about dr*gs and p*rn with underage children; 2) one word posting and freeposting; 3) insulting regular users; 4) ignoring complaints and people who complain; 5) not paying enough attention to forum moderation and other staff duties. Since administrators are responsible for promoting and demoting people, I assumed they did not demote him because: A) DoomWrath thinks such behaviour is okay considering he is acting the similar way; B) Tempus is inactive; C) Kiriakos either thinks such behaviour is not bad or simply doesn't care about this problem.
User avatar
Jason Eden
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 135
Joined: 8 December 2018, 14:30

Re: Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby AnnieFushi » 13 April 2019, 20:06

Yo man Wtf? Leave the current staff team alone, they dont care about pb2 and new staff members wont change that, just shut the f**k up man. and PB2 is full of kids. so get this thread closed, we wont find better staff than we already have.

AnnieFushi
Recruit
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 10 April 2019, 20:06
Location: Venezuela

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users