If PB2.5 Came Out Today, How Excited Would You Be?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

If PB2.5 Came Out Today, How Excited Would You Be?

Postby mingo1 » 7 April 2019, 23:41

If the long awaited sequel came out today, what type of feeling would you get? A buzz of excitement or a "whatever" type feeling?

I have no clue when PB2.5 will come out; I am just curious.

Let me know!

:D
mingo1
Administrator

Re: If PB2.5 Came Out Today, How Excited Would You Be?

Postby Build » 8 April 2019, 00:16

It's gonna be really fun and there's so much things to do in level editor
I'm just excited for the game, That's all I have to say.
Build
Falkok [250]

Postby byrnes » 8 April 2019, 00:24

Me:sees game has been released proceeds to freak out and go ballistic resulting in tons of noise and possibly hurting self in the process.
Hi.

byrnes
Recruit

Postby generaltahsin » 8 April 2019, 01:22

Well uh, Eric said he almost completed PB2.5 a while ago and now he is working on PB3 (probably) so this could be real anytime.

If it came out right now, I would seek every single thing added to the game and make a list named "the new stuff" and then share it.

Edit: forget the first paragraph, it's probably inaccurate
generaltahsin
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Kostadin 8 » 8 April 2019, 02:46

generaltahsin wrote:Well uh, Eric said he almost completed PB2.5 a while ago and now he is working on PB3 (probably) so this could be real anytime.

If it came out right now, I would seek every single thing added to the game and make a list named "the new stuff" and then share it.

Edit: forget the first paragraph, it's probably inaccurate

2.5 is becoming 3, thats not so hard to comprehend isnt it?

for me id be finally happy because right now im bored out of my mind
Kostadin 8
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Jason Eden » 8 April 2019, 12:12

I will most likely feel upset. I'm afraid new game won't bring any changes to this community.

1) People will just keep playing and making sh*tty maps like Stryde-sniper or Paul308-base or Mrnat444-coi, but in 2.5D.
2) There won't be any changes to the current staff team, which is, as you already know, terrible at doing their job.
3) Code of Conduct will remain the same. I want it to be as strict as it was in the beggining of PB2 existence, when you couldn't swear, doublepost/freepost, etc. But it will never be like that again.
4) Toxic PROs will keep singing about how cool they are because they are in top 20.
5) BCLD top will be filled with people who make terrible, but popular among retards maps (just like now).
6) Official PB3 chat would most likely be dead because people got too used to 3rd party software like Discord.
7) Eric would probably not pay enough attention to advertising of his game, so the community will remain relatively small, or become big but will die very quickly.
8) People will keep creating meaningless clans that have no mission, no strict rules/requirements, no requirements for views of members (what they believe in, who they are). We will most likely never have clans like GSA or EKAT again. Instead of them, we will just have numerous copies of Dark clan.
9) Guest feature would probably not be removed and there won't be a need to use your actual e-mail to register an account, so people would just keep creating alts or play as guests to remain anonymous. Which is bad too.
10) People will keep creating stupid topics like this one instead of discussing something actually worth a discussion. No, we will just get lots of new forum games and topics like this:
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Van- » 8 April 2019, 12:27

I don't know, a lot of people are saying that they are losing excitement because Eric is "taking too long"
Van-

Postby tehswordninja » 8 April 2019, 13:48

Would definitely freak out. Been waiting a long time for the game to come out and I'm still kinda hyped about it.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby phsc » 8 April 2019, 19:58

I will most likely feel upset. I'm afraid new game won't bring any changes to this community.

1) People will just keep playing and making sh*tty maps like jason eden-mb1, jason eden-rvb1 and jason eden-rvb2.
2) There won't be any changes to the current staff team, which as much as they do their job they are not the best and could have improvements mostly regarding quantity of members and activity levels.
3) Code of Conduct will remain the same. I want it to be more libertarian and not to have useless rules that are not effective and the opposite of how it was in the beggining of PB2 existence, when you couldn't swear, doublepost/freepost, etc. But it will never be like that again.
4) Toxic narcissists will keep singing about how they are more experienced in level editor than me, Artichokecat, Ditzy and Kiriakos all together.
5) BCLD top will be filled with people who make maps that have been chosen by the invisible hand of the PB2 market, thus being popular according to the vast majority of the PB2 players that are younger and more naive than me.
6) Official PB3 chat would most likely be dead because people got too used to 3rd party software like Discord because it is clearly better and that is why people use it.
7) Eric would probably not pay enough attention to advertising of his game, so the community will remain relatively small, or become big but will die very quickly, which is not a bad thing but Eric still could publish PB2 on Steam and also as a browser game similar to how ROTMG did it.
8 ) People will keep creating clans with subjective meaning, no strict rules/requirements or the opposite if they wish, no requirements for views of members which is also subjective. We will most likely never have clans like GSA or EKAT again because of how many players there were even though one can just create a similar clan these days and reach such levels but it takes too much to realize they were poorly structured mostly old GSA and that they are not that different from DARK CLAN other than having a minimal structure. Instead of them, we will just have numerous copies of DARK CLAN because it is the oldest, strongest and biggest clan on PB2 currently.
9) Guest feature would probably not be removed and there won't be a need to use your actual e-mail to register an account, so people would just keep creating alts or play as guests to remain anonymous. Which is great because people can test the game before playing, they don't need to have an email and can just use it to lets say play 1v1s or just have casual approved map fun and it is also great because Eric tracks guest IPs these days!
10) People will keep creating stupid topics like this one instead of discussing something actually worth a discussion. No, we will just get lots of new forum games and topics like this:
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Hikarikaze » 8 April 2019, 21:50

Not excited at all

1.) Development's been going on for a long time to a point that maintaining interest isn't possible anymore
2.) Forbidden opinion: staff still needs to be improved, especially in the activity department
3.) 99% of this community isn't worth engaging with, with a few exceptions. It'll also be this same community that'll carry itself over to PB2.5 and serve as a bulk of PB2.5's community upon launch

As you can see, I have a very optimistic and positive view
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby ZapruderFilm » 8 April 2019, 22:41

Hikarikaze wrote:2.) Forbidden opinion: staff still needs to be improved, especially in the activity department

Yeah, dealing with roughly 80% of pb2 support requests is really starting to wear me down.
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby ZapruderFilm » 8 April 2019, 22:55

Resi wrote:
ZapruderFilm wrote:
Hikarikaze wrote:2.) Forbidden opinion: staff still needs to be improved, especially in the activity department

Yeah, dealing with roughly 80% of pb2 support requests is really starting to wear me down.

Do you guys keep track of the activity of each staff member? I would assume that if someone isn't dedicate enough for one reason or another, something would be done.

Yeah, if you're inactive enough you get promoted to admin so you can boss people around.
ZapruderFilm

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Hikarikaze » 8 April 2019, 23:29

ZapruderFilm wrote:

Yeah, avoiding an entire forum must also be exhaustive too unless there's a post by me in which case you suddenly get enough energy to come here to post a witty remark in response
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby ZapruderFilm » 8 April 2019, 23:34

Hikarikaze wrote:
ZapruderFilm wrote:

Yeah, avoiding an entire forum must also be exhaustive too unless there's a post by me in which case you suddenly get enough energy to come here to post a witty remark in response

Perhaps you may not know this, but I don't owe it to you or anyone else to come on here and make 'nothing' posts. I keep the peace, that's more than enough. Unfortunately theres a difference between how you think staff should run and how Eric thinks his site should be managed.
The forum is no longer the PB2 community hub and anyone with common sense knows that. Sorry you must have forgotten.
ZapruderFilm

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Hikarikaze » 8 April 2019, 23:52

ZapruderFilm wrote:Perhaps you may not know this, but I don't owe it to you or anyone else to come on here and make 'nothing' posts. I keep the peace, that's more than enough. Unfortunately theres a difference between how you think staff should run and how Eric thinks his site should be managed.
The forum is no longer the PB2 community hub and anyone with common sense knows that. Sorry you must have forgotten.

Who said you or anyone else owes me? If you can't even manage to maintain consistent activity or you simply can't remain active, you shouldn't be a staff member until you can output the activity needed. Of course, common sense is unironically a rarity here so basic concepts like that fly over your head because you're too busy putting words that I never said in my mouth, regardless of how straightforward I put things.

And if the forum isn't the community hub anymore, there's no reason to keep it running. Unfortunately, it still is here and thus it still is relevant and connected to the community. You have to maintain a presence here as a result. Don't like it, don't accept the responsibility. You signed up for the position; if you can't do the simplest thing the position asks of you, then you definitely are not worthy of it. Sorry Discord is not all this game and community is. That's the reality here whether you like it or not, and it certainly won't change by your words no matter how much you try.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby ZapruderFilm » 9 April 2019, 00:06

'Who said you owe me?' Continues on to detail exactly why I owe the community to comeon here an 'make a presence' something that was never mentioned to me after being staff for two years.
Allow me to repeat.
The way YOU think staff should be run, is not the way Eric wants it to be run. Case closed.
The sad part of this is I post on the forum a decent amount. I just don't try and write a novel for the readers like you do.
But you do have a point, if you can't handle outputting basic staff activities, you should resign.
ZapruderFilm

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Hikarikaze » 9 April 2019, 00:34

ZapruderFilm wrote:'Who said you owe me?' Continues on to detail exactly why I owe the community to comeon here an 'make a presence' something that was never mentioned to me after being staff for two years.

You didn't answer my question. What I did was literally outline what your responsibilities are. If you think doing what you were appointed to your position to do is "owing me," you have an extremely warped view of what you're supposed to be doing and why you're doing it.

ZapruderFilm wrote:The way YOU think staff should be run, is not the way Eric wants it to be run. Case closed.

There is this thing called "feedback," something Eric takes into consideration far better than you and the staff team. If you want to apply this logic to me, I can do the same to you. The way you are trying to operate by avoiding the forum because you think it's not a community hub is solely up to you. Avoiding certain responsibilities because it's just not within your convenience isn't how Eric wants the staff to be run either; that's just how you yourself want to run. What I'm explaining to you isn't how I think the staff should be run; it's the common sense you brought up as an attempt to counter me. Also stop using Eric as a shield to try to conveniently excuse yourself. Appealing to authority doesn't help your case here.

ZapruderFilm wrote:The sad part of this is I post on the forum a decent amount. I just don't try and write a novel for the readers like you do.

Making 2-3 posts then having a week or two of silence isn't "a decent amount." Also if you think my posts are novels, I dread to wonder what actual novels are to you and I also feel sorry for you. Not my fault you're too lazy to read anything longer than 10 words; it's no wonder you somehow miss the basic points and still manage to put words in my mouth. Again, you avoid things for your own convenience, be it your responsibilities or even reading just to maintain a simple discussion. That's purely your choice, not the desires of a third person. Is Eric holding your hand telling you to respond to me right now and is he telling you to only pay attention to one specific area the community is congregated in while avoiding the other?

ZapruderFilm wrote:But you do have a point, if you can't handle outputting basic staff activities, you should resign.

If you agree with me then you should have no problem stepping down until you meet the output on the areas where you should be consistently active in.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Green Eyed Demon » 9 April 2019, 06:16

Hikarikaze wrote:Not excited at all

1.) Development's been going on for a long time to a point that maintaining interest isn't possible anymore
2.) Forbidden opinion: staff still needs to be improved, especially in the activity department
3.) 99% of this community isn't worth engaging with, with a few exceptions. It'll also be this same community that'll carry itself over to PB2.5 and serve as a bulk of PB2.5's community upon launch

As you can see, I have a very optimistic and positive view

+- the activity department, you can only do as much in a half dead community.

I'd be playing Warframe, Killing Floor 2 or Fortnut lads, that's how excited I'd be for 2.5
Spoiler: Show More
Green Eyed Demon
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Hikarikaze » 9 April 2019, 19:09

Green Eyed Demon wrote:+- the activity department, you can only do as much in a half dead community.

The least anyone can do is simply appear more often than once or twice every couple of weeks. I'm not asking to constantly make posts on every single topic as a sign of activity, just anything measurable that isn't the same as doing virtually nothing. I won't drag out this topic anymore though because it's a little obvious now that I shouldn't have shared my opinion to begin with
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby eru_ » 9 April 2019, 19:17

Currently , pb2 is the best game ever played , even though it's toxic community and etc , when pb2.5/3 releases , it's like a new dimension will be added , this will be more intresting that any kind of game , i think i'm hyped to see pb2.5/3 more than hl3 or gt7 or any game else
eru_
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Next

Return to General Discussion