Make Plazma Burst relevant again.

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Make Plazma Burst relevant again.

Postby meeksource » 22 January 2019, 17:54

Let's face it; pb2 is dying. So let me get straight to the point: we need to "advertise" this game, so more people try it. We can't wait on pb2.5, as that might take a while and by the time it comes out, there might be no one left to play it (exaggeration, of course, but you get it). We should improve on what we have to attract more people who are experienced in coding to get into the level editor. I say this because of the extreme lack of capabilities with triggers, but the huge potential level ideas people could come up with.

What I mean specifically is, Better level editor> better level makers> better levels> bigger and better community.

And please, let's avoid bringing in children. I've noticed a large influx of toxic kids from "Roblox" for whatever reason.
meeksource
Recruit

Re: Make Plazma Burst relevant again.

Postby Oriental » 13 March 2019, 16:13

Nah PB2 doesn't need advertisement and bs. This game is dying the multiplayer is only reviving it tbh. How do we avoid the toxic kids?? :l There is nothing to stop them if PB2 have ads it might bring toxic kids here in the community,Site. You can see there are already have some toxic ppl in the multiplayer but mostly are guests + If this game gets popular so much there might be "DON'T PLAY PB2 AT 3:00AM (SCARY)" and other clickbait stuff at YouTube and I don't want that to happen but tbh PB2 won't get popular. Dunno about PB2.5 though, If it exists... There is nightmare inside in it.

(lAtE rEpLY)
Oriental
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Jason Eden » 13 March 2019, 16:35

PB3 is almost ready. Eric is working on the campaign. He will finish it, add a few more features and the game is done. I think it will take a few months.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby phsc » 13 March 2019, 17:32

Let's face it; pb2 is dying.

It is already dead and kinda stable in player count lately, I consider that as the practical death of a game, when a small constant community is everything that is left with a income of players that is equal the outcome of players but when flash dies for real PB2 is going to slowly go lower and lower on the income as people from the active community will continue to leave and leave with the casual olds getting in and newer members.

So let me get straight to the point: we need to "advertise" this game, so more people try it.

No, it could help, but it won't be worth it.
Flash game from 2011, flash is going to die, this game has almost no players, it is kinda weird to get into at first, level editor is amazing but complex for the games public which is kids, and kids will prefer fortnite roblox minecraft etc over PB2.

We can't wait on pb2.5, as that might take a while and by the time it comes out, there might be no one left to play it (exaggeration, of course, but you get it).

That has been said since it was announced, pretty sure people will come back for it though, some will very likely leave in like two weeks but it is going to be nice.

We should improve on what we have to attract more people who are experienced in coding to get into the level editor.

No, Eric should work on PB2.5 so even then if we lose players and that would be in a X and Y inverted logarithmic function in the form of a graph, so a lot of players leave in a small period of time but older players take longer to leave, and we see in what state we are at, it is very likely for the current players to leave and it is very likely for the older players that left to at least play PB2.5 once.

Also one does not need coding experience in PB2, and it would be kinda annoying, it would be nice if Eric decided he allows people to use actual variables, with types, which you can do actual formulas, like x = y + 2 * (3+sqrt(25+z²))
You would need to:
declare all vars
x gets value of variable z
x multiplies with variable z
add 25 to x
sqrt of x
add 3 to x
multiply x by 2
add y to x
yay we have x!

That in the level editor would take a pretty long time, mostly considering things like x - y don't have a specific action and you need to invert one of the numbers.

Another thing is more region A var B to Y or X, that would make the life of someone who wants to make some really really realy cool stuff way easier.

It doesn't need to be a programmer, I just happen to be one, a lot of people actually can learn programming by it, and actual programmers will find that annoying, and see way more potential in games where they can actually mod heavily and do way cooler things easier, but yeah PB2 is nice, but it does not mean that maps will be better, decoration, story, general common PB2 knowledge, are way more useful than being a programmer if you want to make PB2 maps.

I say this because of the extreme lack of capabilities with triggers, but the huge potential level ideas people could come up with.

What kills most stuff is syncing, it has been made way better, but it still sucks, movable position is annoying to sync but possible didn't try it but I very likely am, and it is hard to apply more complex concepts into ways people are actually going to play it, Mrnat does a great job at that though.
The triggers allow a lot of things to be done, but aren't you saying something that makes no sense?
>invite programmers
>they will be creative cuz triggers suck
They will leave if triggers suck! and a lot of programmers are not that creative!

What I mean specifically is, Better level editor> better level makers> better levels> bigger and better community.

What are you trying to say? like?
better level editor → better mapmakers → better maps → bigger community
This makes no sense, the level editor being better does not make better map makers, yet it makes it easier for a map maker to make good maps, good mapmakers like Mrnat, Darkstar, Max Teabag, they don't need new trigger functions a lot of the time, they can create their own systems and maps, it could make the life easier as I mentioned a few things I find annoying in the level editor, but it would not mean that all PB2 players will magically be able to do database related stuff or heavily var oriented maps.

But better levels → better community is wrong.
It is actually better community → better map makers → better maps
and then it goes into better maps ↔ better map makers after that, as a exchange of evolution, like free market after some time where the government does not deliciously exquisite pizza sauce things up.

Many good maps are ignored, the community needs to like what the map makers create, its simple supply and demand, if there is no need for a map nobody cares, if there is no need for a product nobody cares, it can make lifes easier and it can make people have more fun, but that is it, that is why stryde-sniper is still such a popular map, other than the fact people got used to it, as it is common for people not to like many new things.

And please, let's avoid bringing in children. I've noticed a large influx of toxic kids from "Roblox" for whatever reason.

Most people who still ACTUALLY play are children, most people that are in the community now got into the game as children, and well, it is a long term public if it happens that most of them end up in the state of most of the older members of the community, like me!
What is the problem with Roblox? what is the problem of "toxic" kids? what is toxic? you can just not play with them!
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby commando 54 » 17 March 2019, 08:38

honestly, PB2 is dying due to the times, it's outdated and irrelevant and those who played it back in 2012 have moved on with their lives and PB2 isn't the kind of game to attract the new gamer audiences. The only way PB2 would become popular again would be if flash games in general came back in their golden glory ( along with giving PB2 a new host since Coolbuddy is more or less irrelevant ) and if the game became mainstream enough to warrant advertisement to show how fun it is despite only being a mere flash game.
Halo 2 is the best PFS shooter ever created, Halo 3 is trash and the BR is a rice shooter and Halo 5 is straight garbage.
commando 54
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to General Discussion