Share custom music that you found

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Share custom music that you found

Postby ditzy » 4 September 2018, 00:10

Hey all!

Eric Gurt recently implemented a new tool in the ALE, which lets us put in custom songs!
Spoiler: Show More

At the moment of this post, http://freemusicarchive.org/ seems to be the only site that you can get songs from. The have a wide selection of songs, some good, some bad.

This thread exists so people can share some interesting music that they have found so that other mapmakers can use it in their maps as well.

[ How do I use the new tool? ]
https://www.plazmaburst2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=22037
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: Share custom music that you found

Postby phsc » 21 September 2018, 23:37

theres a ton of good classical music there
http://freemusicarchive.org/music/James ... es/BWV0565
i think theres all the famous and 100% original js bach organ pieces there, even tho the bwv 565 might not be original but who cares
also im trying to ressurect this topic great! yikes!
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 27 September 2018, 17:07

once it allows youtube songs, it will be hell, you know what crap will happen
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby darkstar 1 » 28 September 2018, 09:48

MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:once it allows youtube songs, it will be hell, you know what crap will happen

That's why it's very likely that youtube sounds won't be allowed :/

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 28 September 2018, 10:43

freemusicarchive is shut down.
MLG COOL DOMINIK

Postby ditzy » 28 September 2018, 23:00

MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:freemusicarchive is shut down.

Not shut down, just under maintenance.

Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy

Postby Harry_Dev » 29 September 2018, 07:06

Sigh, FMA shutdown just when i was making the map.
Harry_Dev
Recruit

Postby TheGoldenMaster » 30 September 2018, 13:10

Some good 8-bit songs I found.
1.http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Azureflux
2.http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Rolemusic
I used many of the songs for my story mp. xD
TheGoldenMaster
Recruit

Postby Albzter » 30 September 2018, 13:39

TheGoldenMaster wrote:Some good 8-bit songs I found.
1.http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Azureflux
2.http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Rolemusic
I used many of the songs for my story mp. xD

tanks for asking
Was formerly a T-ROBOT, im an Elite Grub now
Albzter
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Ghost Killer823 » 30 September 2018, 15:32

All of the songs on freemusicarchieve.com are not really of interest or even that great, at least in my opinion. It would be nice if soundcloud was added into the available domains. I'd definitely take advantage of that big time!
Ghost Killer823
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 4 October 2018, 20:42

the music doesn't even play!!!
MLG COOL DOMINIK

Postby Incompetence » 5 October 2018, 21:25

Resi wrote:
Ghost Killer823 wrote:All of the songs on freemusicarchieve.com are not really of interest or even that great, at least in my opinion. It would be nice if soundcloud was added into the available domains. I'd definitely take advantage of that big time!

The problem with that is Copyright, and Eric is a lone dude who doesn't even get any money from the game. He wouldn't survive a legal lawsuit.

soundcloud has inappropriate sounds uploaded on it as well that haven't been taken down yet after 2+ years. not an ideal place to get music from when 18+/nsfw sounds can get passed off as sample packs and stay on the site
Incompetence

Postby Ghost Killer823 » 5 October 2018, 22:21

Incompetence wrote:
Resi wrote:
Ghost Killer823 wrote:All of the songs on freemusicarchieve.com are not really of interest or even that great, at least in my opinion. It would be nice if soundcloud was added into the available domains. I'd definitely take advantage of that big time!

The problem with that is Copyright, and Eric is a lone dude who doesn't even get any money from the game. He wouldn't survive a legal lawsuit.

soundcloud has inappropriate sounds uploaded on it as well that haven't been taken down yet after 2+ years. not an ideal place to get music from when 18+/nsfw sounds can get passed off as sample packs and stay on the site

I don't think this is so much a valid argument, since you can look up anything on soundcloud. It's not all about rap music (I actually despise rap) or NSFW content. Besides, you don't have to nor are you ever indirectly forced to look up or use NFSW content, more so in PB2, plus you can try playing music before using it in your map.

Toxic players using inappropriate sounds in their maps I might understand, hardly, but there would be serious consequences in doing so.

@Resi

Good point...
Ghost Killer823

Postby Incompetence » 5 October 2018, 22:59

Ghost Killer823 wrote:I don't think this is so much a valid argument, since you can look up anything on soundcloud. It's not all about rap music (I actually despise rap) or NSFW content. Besides, you don't have to nor are you ever indirectly forced to look up or use NFSW content, more so in PB2, plus you can try playing music before using it in your map.

Toxic players using inappropriate sounds in their maps I might understand, hardly, but there would be serious consequences in doing so.

nobody said soundcloud was all about rap or nsfw content. what does despising rap have anything to do with the argument? if you think that's all soundcloud was, you have a limited viewpoint and limited knowledge on what soundcloud has. it's a valid argument when you consider how large of a platform soundcloud is since it contains a multitude of genres and is used for plenty of things besides music. just saying that you can look up anything backs up my point because these sounds get included in that argument so i'm unsure what your point is with that statement

you may not be forced to look anything up but the fact you can do so and find what you want is the problem. soundcloud isn't perfect in moderating content; i even mentioned the loophole that allows the problem to exist. just because you would take full advantage of using SC to put your own choice of music doesn't mean someone won't use the platform to their advantage to help create inappropriate maps. you do realize that even if those sounds didn't exist on soundcloud, someone can just upload them there and use it anyways?

serious consequences can only be delivered if someone bothers to report the map and if there is someone that takes action. before the music tool was added, there were already inapp maps lying around here and there likely still are some that are yet to be reported. whitelisting soundcloud would allow another way for people to make these kinds of maps when such things should be kept to a minimal. FMA already is a good option considering it too has an abundance of music to comb through and use, without the drawbacks that soundcloud has. whether you find selections interesting or not isn't relevant considering the music tool is optional in the first place and so are the songs used with it
Incompetence

Postby Ghost Killer823 » 6 October 2018, 15:46

Incompetence wrote:nobody said soundcloud was all about rap or nsfw content. what does despising rap have anything to do with the argument? if you think that's all soundcloud was, you have a limited viewpoint and limited knowledge on what soundcloud has.

Somebody did, on Discord one time, at least about rap, lol. But all in all, saying ''nobody'' ever said that's it was about rap of nsfw is ironic, as that is only limited to opinions based on their interest, and not the actual facts about soundcloud.

But... Quote anywhere where I have said soundcloud was all about rap or nsfw content! I had never said that, so either you comprehended so wrong, or what, but I have made it clear it wasn't all about rap of nsfw, so saying I think so and that's only used against you. It's wrong.

Rap was just an added opinion of mine, but NSFW content was the actual part of the topic we're discussing, so you should of excused that one a bit. I knew full-well it'd have nothing to do with the argument, and you should of known that too, so you should of not asked.

Incompetence wrote:it's a valid argument when you consider how large of a platform soundcloud is since it contains a multitude of genres and is used for plenty of things besides music. just saying that you can look up anything backs up my point because these sounds get included in that argument so i'm unsure what your point is with that statement

you may not be forced to look anything up but the fact you can do so and find what you want is the problem. soundcloud isn't perfect in moderating content; i even mentioned the loophole that allows the problem to exist. just because you would take full advantage of using SC to put your own choice of music doesn't mean someone won't use the platform to their advantage to help create inappropriate maps. you do realize that even if those sounds didn't exist on soundcloud, someone can just upload them there and use it anyways?

It's sound-cloud, basically. I am aware that it's not just about music, however the topic is about music... or songs at the very least.

But... The point was despite inappropriate content, there are so many other content... NOT inappropriate, those acceptable. You're only looking at the negative factors, not any of the positive, or even using or thinking of compare and contrast. Freemusicarchive may not have any inappropriate content, but it's sound quality compared to soundcloud is so lackluster in my opinion, which is why I brought it up.

I refrained bringing it up anymore. There are a few other reasons aside NSFW that soundcloud won't be a high demand to the domain.

Incompetence wrote:whether you find selections interesting or not isn't relevant considering the music tool is optional in the first place and so are the songs used with it.

All I can say is, that's not an excuse to me. It's like hearing ''If you don't like a video game'' or ''If you don't like MTX (lootboxes) in a game, then don't buy them'' excuse. No... It has more to do with whether I like it or not.
Ghost Killer823

Postby Incompetence » 6 October 2018, 23:45

Ghost Killer823 wrote:But... Quote anywhere where I have said soundcloud was all about rap or nsfw content! I had never said that, so either you comprehended so wrong, or what, but I have made it clear it wasn't all about rap of nsfw, so saying I think so and that's only used against you. It's wrong.

Ghost Killer823 wrote:It's not all about rap music (I actually despise rap) or NSFW content.

i'm not a native english speaker but incorporating this specific line comes off as something akin to projection. i saw this as you trying to put words in my mouth that had no place being there

Ghost Killer823 wrote:Rap was just an added opinion of mine, but NSFW content was the actual part of the topic we're discussing, so you should of excused that one a bit. I knew full-well it'd have nothing to do with the argument, and you should of known that too, so you should of not asked.

i asked because it was a part of your response. if it had nothing to do with the argument, you shouldn't have added it in in the first place

Ghost Killer823 wrote:But... The point was despite inappropriate content, there are so many other content... NOT inappropriate, those acceptable. You're only looking at the negative factors, not any of the positive, or even using or thinking of compare and contrast

no, the entire basis of my argument is to provide an additional reason besides copyright that soundcloud shouldn't be whitelisted on the music tool. focusing on the positives has no place as supporting evidence in my argument. trying to sidestep away from the point i've made and say that there's other content besides what i mentioned doesn't help your case because that entire point of there being "other content" is a straw man and a red herring from the initial point that i brought up. you haven't even refuted my own point, just indirectly accepting it by saying "there's other content besides nsfw sounds" so i'm curious as to what your point is and what you're trying to argue to me about in relation to the point i've given

Ghost Killer823 wrote:Freemusicarchive may not have any inappropriate content, but it's sound quality compared to soundcloud is so lackluster in my opinion, which is why I brought it up.

FMA being lackluster is your opinion but that doesn't help you in negating what i said. conversely, i think the sound quality is just fine and the selections do indeed range from both good and bad like OP said. trying to use an opinion like yours and mine's won't get you anywhere in this discussion since anyone can "refute" your opinion with their own

Ghost Killer823 wrote:All I can say is, that's not an excuse to me. It's like hearing ''If you don't like a video game'' or ''If you don't like MTX (lootboxes) in a game, then don't buy them'' excuse. No... It has more to do with whether I like it or not.

that's your opinion and it's also an irrelevant conclusion because whether you like it or not doesn't matter regardless of whether or not there are additional layers to that premise. opinions are useless in a logical argument

plus the examples you gave aren't so similar to this scenario so they really can't be compared. those are false equivalences. on another note this is also starting to get offtopic and i'd rather not have this topic get hijacked by an out of place discussion
Incompetence

Postby Oriental » 22 October 2018, 16:23

Dude just post some good music here instead of making drama.
Oriental

Postby phsc » 25 October 2018, 22:52

im not reading that

but if pb2 is going to use any other music thing, it needs to be a really specific one
maybe a website where ppl can upload sounds and music and staff looks at it
but then the amount of earrape things and the fact staff isnt going to care makes it not work

but any public streaming device sucks as anyone can upload anything, the biggest prob isnt like innapropriate music but really high volume earrape shit ppl post, and i imagine most ppl of this game wont be ahppy listening to recordings of bach because they are inferior to my ultra mega big brain
-insert that baloon but its my brain imagee

anyway and then comes my original idea a fun thing called adding individual notes and using timers n triggers to play them and making music
like in minecraft
that would be fun
but then its way more simple to just add a thing that plays music

and the fact nobody would spend their time creating music in pb2 other than me at 3am

but anyway stick with freemusicarchive, imagine eric lets ppl add lets say uh, a generic popular song that has a lot of copyright, and it plays on pb2, it might even give eric problems

also this doesnt look like drama, its just someone saying rap is bad
btw i just went in and read like 3 line sof each peoples argument cuz i dont want to waste that much time here and it looks like the incompence dude is right
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Return to General Discussion