Clans In PB2

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Clans In PB2

Postby Iraq Lobster » 8 June 2018, 00:22

I'm not entirely sure where the staff currently stand on the matter of clans in the community as I don't really have any dealings in clans anymore. I do recall when I ran some of my own clans & when the staff had problems, instead of attempting to contain the clan itself you guys purged us with evidence to have us all banned. Face it, in this day in age banning does not stop anymore, not even clans. I've had an investigation launched into Arthur55 for example regarding corruption and illegal activities which thanks to my assistance, the staff were able to get him removed from the game.. but face it, that does not stop him from plotting anything else. Additionally, clans like Dark Clan (Trolling or not it doesn't matter) are out harassing players and just overall adding to the toxicity of the community as a whole. I get that PB2 as of now is pretty much not worth saving, however I'm sure you all are smart enough to realize this is all going to carry over to PB2.5. My question is why are clans as a whole not being contained & if you plan on doing anything at all, what do you intend to do?

Iraq Lobster
Recruit

Re: Clans In PB2

Postby iDomino » 8 June 2018, 05:09

I had to read it twice as your Text splits up into different topics. Clans are not a Part of the Staff Teams responsibility anymore, as there has been too many dramas about nuking, ddos, and general clan drama reaching over to 3rd party applications such as Discord, Forumotion or Wordpress. As long as PB2 does not have a perfectly thought out system to integrate clans it is indeed the best choice to cut all ties in order to avoid useless loads of work. I know you would like to state an example that banning does not stop anyone, but I wonder why you‘d pull Arthur in here. Besides the fact that his ban was without any waterproof evidence and has still been issued by one of the Admins, it does not fit to the general idea of your topic. Anyways, it is the best choice for the staff to cut ties and following that have less work with useless drama. In fact there barely are any clans which are promising for the future as they are/were able to resist the inactivity wave in pb2. In my eyes there should not be a clan system, as it‘d make things worse than they are currently. BoZ And GeNo were like two of the most popular clans over a certain time and they lasted longer than plenty other clans. But they departed from PB2 aswell as they (eg. GeNo) stated to not represent the clan in this game as they did before and move on to other games. Basically clans are a waste of time. You need an extraordinariy amount of skill, tactical thinking and luck to reach the goals of a successful clan, which is plenty and active members + a good reputation. Good reputation comes along with skilled or mature players which is less than 1% of the current community.
my signature was really big and ugly so it got removed
iDomino
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby mrblake213 » 8 June 2018, 06:25

In my opinion, there should at least be a staff-implemented system to maintain its smaller groups within the larger community of PB2.

Let's be honest, clans at least contribute some activity in PB2. Some clans still organize events that includes playing the game while some group of friends devote their time to coop mapmaking.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Iraq Lobster » 8 June 2018, 21:03

iDomino wrote:I had to read it twice as your Text splits up into different topics. Clans are not a Part of the Staff Teams responsibility anymore, as there has been too many dramas about nuking, ddos, and general clan drama reaching over to 3rd party applications such as Discord, Forumotion or Wordpress. As long as PB2 does not have a perfectly thought out system to integrate clans it is indeed the best choice to cut all ties in order to avoid useless loads of work. I know you would like to state an example that banning does not stop anyone, but I wonder why you‘d pull Arthur in here. Besides the fact that his ban was without any waterproof evidence and has still been issued by one of the Admins, it does not fit to the general idea of your topic. Anyways, it is the best choice for the staff to cut ties and following that have less work with useless drama. In fact there barely are any clans which are promising for the future as they are/were able to resist the inactivity wave in pb2. In my eyes there should not be a clan system, as it‘d make things worse than they are currently. BoZ And GeNo were like two of the most popular clans over a certain time and they lasted longer than plenty other clans. But they departed from PB2 aswell as they (eg. GeNo) stated to not represent the clan in this game as they did before and move on to other games. Basically clans are a waste of time. You need an extraordinariy amount of skill, tactical thinking and luck to reach the goals of a successful clan, which is plenty and active members + a good reputation. Good reputation comes along with skilled or mature players which is less than 1% of the current community.

Hiding under the covers won't make the ghosts go away. So far the only solution has been to ignore the problems and hope they go away. Where has that got you? I alone have taken advantage of that and killed clan after clan completely under the radar so to speak. At least if there was some opposition of any sort to pressure the wrong-doers into not contributing to the toxicity, they wouldn't be so inclined to continue. Regarding your commentary about mentioning my investigation, I was able to provide enough evidence to prove; without a doubt; that there was some sort of illegal activity going on. I proved he was the mastermind and I gave the staff everything they asked for, even having to pay to get some of the evidence back without raising any flags to anyone loyal to Arthur so evidence wouldn't be destroyed. I brought Arthur up because he is a more recent example. Arthur is not a threat in anyway, shape or form however what if someone like Serpent came into the community and got tangled up with clans? A ban would not stop him, not in the slightest. These are issues that should be addressed as they are apart of the PB2 community & whether you like it or not, ignoring your problems won't make them go away. As Blake said, they all contribute to the community.

Iraq Lobster
Recruit

Postby lostmydollar » 8 June 2018, 21:13

They should open the clan section and simply dont care what is happening outside of http://www.plazmaburst2.com. Nuking, drama, ddos - leave all that shit to owners and members of those clans. If their website has a weak protection or some idiot gives his password away - its not your problem. Drama? Honestly i dont understand why people dont like it. I find it entertaining. Plus it shakes up the community. Which is a good thing too. Life is a chaos. It keeps things running. Maybe i dont understand or know something, but what i currently see is a missed opportunity to make community a bit happier. Ye sure paranoid people who detect "toxic players" everywhere will argue about that. Anyway staff, you should give it one more try. #MakePlazmaBurstGreatAgain
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Return to General Discussion