Error that I get when I try to save my map?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Error that I get when I try to save my map?

Postby bittergamer1886 » 27 April 2018, 13:05

Hello forum, I'm currently making a new single player map. When I save, it gives me this message: "Could not find local storage support in your browser in order to perform backup version of map." Regardless, it saves my map anyways with no problems, but it certainly didn't do this before I started making this specific map- even when I've made other maps before. Should I be concerned about this? Will this affect how my maps are saved?

Insight would be much appreciated!

bittergamer1886

Re: Error that I get when I try to save my map?

Postby Eric Gurt » 27 April 2018, 22:02

It only means Level Editor could not save extra copy of your map not on PB2 website but in memory of your browser. In other words - save will work properly, but map version won't be added at the bottom of "Open map" list.

Do you know what could cause this error message for you? Can this be a result of low disk space or Level Editor is opened in browser running in anonymous mode?
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby bittergamer1886 » 28 April 2018, 07:04

Eric Gurt wrote:It only means Level Editor could not save extra copy of your map not on PB2 website but in memory of your browser. In other words - save will work properly, but map version won't be added at the bottom of "Open map" list.

Do you know what could cause this error message for you? Can this be a result of low disk space or Level Editor is opened in browser running in anonymous mode?

I'm sorry, I'm not quite familiar with what you mean then you reference the "Open Map" list. Where is that exactly?

I also know that, for some reason, there is very little actual storage space in my C drive, which is my main drive. The rest of my computer has terabytes of storage free, but try as I might I found it impossible to simply partition more memory to the C drive on my computer. No matter what I try my computer stubbornly refuses to allow me to add more storage to my other drives, or make my main drive my E drive (which has the bulk of my used memory). With that in mind, I'm also not sure how I can divert my browser memory to my E drive. Low memory may be the issue but I don't know how to get Chrome to save data to the drive where I actually have memory available.

What do you think, Eric?

bittergamer1886

Postby Eric Gurt » 1 May 2018, 21:51

"Open Map" is at Level Editor, one of top buttons.

Some disk space used by Chrome can be freed at [ chrome://settings/siteData?search=cookie ], but in reality "REMOVE ALL" button will remove automatic log-in information for websites you visit as well (also known as cookies).

Can't suggest any tools for free disk partitioning right now.

Could not find any info on how to make Google Chrome save localStorage data to other locations as well. I think it is done the way it is in order to keep such data in "more secure place", so other non-admin accounts on operating system could not access this data.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby bittergamer1886 » 3 May 2018, 11:25

silverteen11 wrote:
bittergamer1886 wrote:
Eric Gurt wrote:It only means Level Editor could not save extra copy of your map not on PB2 website but in memory of your browser. In other words - save will work properly, but map version won't be added at the bottom of "Open map" list.

I'm sorry, I'm not quite familiar with what you mean then you reference the "Open Map" list. Where is that exactly?

I also know that, for some reason, there is very little actual storage space in my C drive, which is my main drive. The rest of my computer has terabytes of storage free, but try as I might I found it impossible to simply partition more memory to the C drive on my computer. No matter what I try my computer stubbornly refuses to allow me to add more storage to my other drives, or make my main drive my E drive (which has the bulk of my used memory). With that in mind, I'm also not sure how I can divert my browser memory to my E drive. Low memory may be the issue but I don't know how to get Chrome to save data to the drive where I actually have memory available.

What do you think, Eric?

Are they different drives or partitions?

If they are partitions you could solve them with this https://www.partitionwizard.com/ since partitions can't be completely changed sometimes due to usage of the drive, that program reboots to work around that.

If they are separate drives, then you should install your OS (I'm assuming Windows) in a drive with more space.

Ugh crap, yeah they're on different disks. I installed windows on the disk with like 120 gigs. Gonna have to reinstall to a bigger drive. That's gonna be a hassle- really wish I could just tell my computer to move all data to my other disk instead of clogging up whats left of my main drive automatically.

bittergamer1886

Return to General Discussion