Removing SB

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Removing SB

Postby lrv » 12 February 2018, 19:57

I never used it anyway, but I assume it is not the best choice since some maps aren't playable without selfboost.
lrv
Falkok [250]

Postby Zangetsu_ » 12 February 2018, 21:37

Selfboosting isnt removed, only inhibited.

I dont have a problem with this. The game is fun regardless.

Zangetsu_

Postby Sniper J » 12 February 2018, 21:38

Well, where do I start. In a nutshell, I hate this update after playing for 10 minutes. It's wobbly, barely controllable and really effects game-play and map-styles, as Bry stated above. I understand that self-boosting is still doable, it's just not the same as it was before and I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of backlash to this update. I don't understand why this was ever a question to begin with, as a lot of people have learned how to self-boost over the years because it's an integral part of the game. Who cares if it gives an advantage over other players, we don't give out participation awards just because you can play the game. The same applies to this.

As for the arguments against lag, glitches, lag-shots, etc, people and shots will still lag regardless. Glitches were a funny thing to witness in-game, albeit they could be annoying, but you can't win with everything, and you surely can't win by removing an integral part of the game. I have less mobility in the air when I self-boost and that was one of the aspects I liked about the old physics: you had the ability to control where you were going to fall. Now you spin in the air, for some reason, and you can slow it down, but you'll still spin either way. It's less precise and can mess up trajectory, whereas before, you could boost and typically your trajectory would be the same. Not to mention that boosting on the old physics was faster, meanwhile on the new physics it's much slower. I've enjoyed all the recent updates to the game but this one has to be my least favorite by far. Anyways, that's my two cents.

Sniper J
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby duriel » 12 February 2018, 22:27

I fully disagree with this physics change by Eric Gurt! I cant get PPP anymore because of it! Its outrageous!

duriel
Recruit

Postby lostmydollar » 12 February 2018, 22:38

oh great, now all pp whores top players are going to cry here. people, why did you vote for in Eric's poll if you love SB this much?
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby Sniper J » 12 February 2018, 22:56

lostmydollar wrote:oh great, now all pp whores top players are going to cry here. people, why did you vote for in Eric's poll if you love SB this much?

It's not about me being a top player or anything like that, it's about the fact that it's been part of the game for so long, that it works the way it always has and changing it messes up the entire platform/player base itself, at least all those who know how to self-boost. People can adapt but it won't be the same. All I said before was I don't like the new update, and I wish we would go back to the old settings. Also, I did vote in Eric's poll, I voted to leave it the way it is. Sooo... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sniper J
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Dariy » 12 February 2018, 23:18

I say that selfboost is great mechanic and it seems to me that this update did not completely remove it from the game, it is still very much do-able. There is a huge improvement concerning the hitreg. It seems to me that overall this change should stay.
Last edited by Dariy on 12 February 2018, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.
ησтнιηg вυт тнє вєѕт ιѕ gσσ∂ єησυgн ƒσя мє
Dariy
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Location: ѕιттιηg ση α яαιηвσω ωιтн α ѕтяιηg αяσυη∂ му ƒιηgєя

Postby Silent Aurora » 12 February 2018, 23:22

lostmydollar wrote:oh great, now all pp whores top players are going to cry here. people, why did you vote for in Eric's poll if you love SB this much?

It was a poll based on Twitter, it wasn't announced on the website nor forums so the results aren't an accurate representation of the whole community. If Eric made an announcement on site and forum regarding this change, there would've been more input and not necessary a need for this topic since people would be aware.

Labelling players who disagree with the change "pp whores" is defaming their identities and simply generalizing them which isn't the case here. This affects map makers, players who play saw maps that requires self-boosting. Don't jump into conclusion.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Myrth » 12 February 2018, 23:26

Why did Eric think this was a good idea anyway?
Myrth
Recruit

Postby Tempus » 13 February 2018, 00:23

Right so, was "SB" removed? No.

It was given as a "feature" for everyone one, recruit or veteran. It will always still be skill biased, adapt to your surroundings. I jumped in and played a railwars with Diablade575, Voltxge, lamontay shaw and I can tell you it was fast pace now because everyone can boost and they are already great players as it is. But what I'm saying is it felt like 2011-2012 to me where it was more about skill vs knowing a minor glitch and using to your advantage. I personally enjoy how balanced it is. If you have skill, this update shouldn't touch you. You don't need to have an advantage over someone to win, if you do, that's not skill.

Anyways, I think this will really change the feel (as it does already) of the game. I like the balance and support it.

I want to mention that I believe the hitboxes were changed or updated because It really feels playable to me and that is saying something when I live in the middle of nowhere and literally cannot play any form of competitive, where I'm super competitive back then, plus "SB" is even more easy to use now because I could still do it and reach a few more feet with it.

@sparrow

I think it would be safe to say that the feedback that was on Twitter the (352 votes) would of surpassed the feedback/votes on the website/forum, by 200%.

The game is more balanced and fair now. What more could you ask for?

Follow Eric on Twitter https://twitter.com/Eric_Gurt it's free.

Those are my thoughts,

Tempus
Last edited by Tempus on 13 February 2018, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit for my reply to sparrows post ^
Tempus
Advisor

Postby Civil boi 112 » 13 February 2018, 01:01

Remove selfboosting? IS THIS A JOKE?! REALLY HOW AM I GONNA GET NICE SWORD KILLS NOW?!
To be a plasma burst player you must become one with the plasma.

Civil boi 112
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby batu43 » 13 February 2018, 09:51

God y'all just wanna talk out negativity because its sth abnormal for u and u think ur opinion is some sort of fact smh
Well in my OPINION, this is one of the best updates implanted
As a 2011 player, I know and wanna tell all of u that the game works like how it worked before(flying was available but later removed) and back at the time it was the "golden age".
Why? With the "selfboosting" which got removed people can abuse their movements to teleport and stuffs which really is BAD(dont think im joking even 2 people with 30 pings can see each other teleporting if they abuse selfboosting). Now with the physics reversed back to the way it was people with the best aim can actually rise to top unlike those who just boost everywhere til they actually kill someone calling it their "skills".
Sum up, I just wanna say I want the update to be KEPT. After all, it can help people who never flew to get used to the pb2.5 physics before they actually play the game

batu43

Postby GhostX5 » 13 February 2018, 10:18

If self-boost is really gonna be removed, how the hell am I supposed to do the awesome back-flips, even in some saw maps I would even boost myself upwards just to get to another platform? I mean, following the rules is neato, but making your own would be literally better (Not trying to do rule-break in this game nor forum), like everyone needs to jump on one block then one another, then I would also do the same, but doing some selfboosting.

Self-boosting became my skill, especially playing xnx-railwars, x death-realwar, good dog-parkour, etc. but removing it would be disastrous for players who loved self-boosting like I do. This is a bad idea, and I understand some players are complaining about some other players they shoot at actually don't die and can walk away without dying, but going to HIGH physics would be like returning to the same update, 1.17. I try to jump, but it's kinda limpy and sloppy when I try it on HIGH, but on LOW, it's like you're not really carrying stuff, even though you have a lot of weapons holstered on your back. Plus you can even fly over someone's head and decapitate them with swords.
United Special Operations ~:~ RYZE-138 aka Ghost-138 ~:~ Leader of Alpha Team ~:~ Master Chief Petty Officer
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby saw- » 13 February 2018, 10:22

Tempus wrote:Right so, was "SB" removed? No.

It was given as a "feature" for everyone one, recruit or veteran. It will always still be skill biased, adapt to your surroundings. I jumped in and played a railwars with Diablade575, Voltxge, lamontay shaw and I can tell you it was fast pace now because everyone can boost and they are already great players as it is. But what I'm saying is it felt like 2011-2012 to me where it was more about skill vs knowing a minor glitch and using to your advantage. I personally enjoy how balanced it is. If you have skill, this update shouldn't touch you. You don't need to have an advantage over someone to win, if you do, that's not skill.

Anyways, I think this will really change the feel (as it does already) of the game. I like the balance and support it.

I want to mention that I believe the hitboxes were changed or updated because It really feels playable to me and that is saying something when I live in the middle of nowhere and literally cannot play any form of competitive, where I'm super competitive back then, plus "SB" is even more easy to use now because I could still do it and reach a few more feet with it.

@sparrow

I think it would be safe to say that the feedback that was on Twitter the (352 votes) would of surpassed the feedback/votes on the website/forum, by 200%.

The game is more balanced and fair now. What more could you ask for?

Follow Eric on Twitter https://twitter.com/Eric_Gurt it's free.

Those are my thoughts,

Tempus

YES YES YES YES, totally the same thought!!!
its sooo much better right now! How can someone not like it?

saw-
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby obinator3000 » 13 February 2018, 11:40

I for one believe the update is good. I can actually land my shots on someone whose ping is high and kill them. Although boosting is awkward now i believe if you are truly skillful you can easily adapt to the change unless you have really high ping. I cant say the same for high pinged players since my average ping is 60 so my point of view will definitely be different to others. I dont know why people are surprised about this as well when eric made the poll about this on twitter. I kinda already expected this and tried playing high physics even before this update, but now the new low physics feels like old high physics. That ends my opinion on this topic.

obinator3000

Postby lpzimm » 13 February 2018, 16:21

Okay, some points, for reverting to how it was before:
1. The hitreg - I feel the hitreg hasn't changed too drastically to how it was before. Also, in pb2.5, the hitreg will be serverside, so it won't even matter what physics you're on. However, if most users want these settings for hitboxes, I would suggest improving the elements below, as a compromise.

2. Selfboosting - You can still selfboost, maybe even more easily now. However, you can't control it as well. That lends randomness to the game, making it so there's an element of randomness which makes the game even less fair.

3. Skill - This is a change to an integral part of the game that players have spent a lot of time mastering, myself included. It makes sense that most of the people for this change are newer players with less play time - Tempus, batu, lostmydollar, and saw-'s kills all combined are half of mine, and even with dairy's and staf fox's added on it's still less than mine. The point that it is 'now more fair' doesn't make very much sense - all players have access to this mechanic, and the more you've played the game the better you should be.
lpzimm
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Alien security heavy » 13 February 2018, 20:01

SB factor apparently can be manipulated via triggers on maps.
SO I'd assume that SB is now a map choice.
Act like you know me, but do you even know yourself?
When you got nothin’, you got nothin’ to lose.
I may have no one else to blame, but listen to me.
You and I, we were once the same.
Alien security heavy
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby lpzimm » 13 February 2018, 20:34

Alien security heavy wrote:SB factor apparently can be manipulated via triggers on maps.
SO I'd assume that SB is now a map choice.

Yeah, but it should be standardized in approved matches. Imo the balance value should get rebalanced in multiplayer, preferably a little lower, like around 1.5.

E: Acellamy said it well
Last edited by lpzimm on 14 February 2018, 06:21, edited 2 times in total.
lpzimm
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Acellamy » 13 February 2018, 23:01

As a player who has been here from 2011 it feels very similar to the old days of pb2 and the movement mechanics that everyone in that generation had made it a balanced playing field. However changing the mechanic at such a late stage of the game when everyone (well the able) has gotten used to being able to selfboost easily(at their own style/rhythm) isn't really appealing as well as fair to the remaining player base we have. Changing it really does hinder a massive part of game; saws, parkours, general play, the fun(slamming your head into the floor from a nade that made you literally fly), MANY of the approved maps, the ranked gamemode then top 100, player attitude to upcoming updates. Although this update has some positives; appeals to the "newer" player(ridiculous ikr) as everyone you encounter wont be in the air half the match, improves hit reg massively(well its noticeable), balanced game(hinder everyone so you all are on the same base level). I feel that there are much more negatives with this update of SB. Its a struggle to control but manageable and "in theory" "pros" should be able to adjust to this. The game does become slower in pace like old times(b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶8̶).I feel a that there could have been a better way to approach such a massive change in this dusty game(would have worked putting it in pb2.5 but ur the developer eric lmfao). Anyway to conclude, as a user I agree with the update, as a player I dont. Now suck pump for acknowledgement of this sentence.
"Im a man of substance"

Acellamy
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Rhythm » 14 February 2018, 07:16

I like the old physics better.

Rhythm
Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion