How long will 2.5 last

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

How long will 2.5 last

Postby wreak » 23 January 2018, 23:38

I know it's way too early to even say this considering the game hasn't even came out yet. But I still wonder how long will people play pb2.5 before it gets inactive or completely dies.

Based on what eric is posting on twitter, general hype and being another pb2 project. It may not last as long as the original pb2 for certain reasons which I will not get into atm. I will admit it looks like a really good game though.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Re: How long will 2.5 last

Postby mingo1 » 24 January 2018, 04:22

The current fan base who has stuck around since PB2's release will not last long on the game, I believe. We're all getting a bit too old for this.

However, a new fan base will take our place, and it may last about as long as PB2 has. This'll happen if the game is awesome and they remain loyal

:)
mingo1
Administrator

Postby OdairGamer » 24 January 2018, 05:24

Ok probably 10 years... or 15... im not sure... (JOKE MODE OFF) ok, this is gonna be an huge update, multiplayer needs to get out of beta state, then we need to wait, and once PB 2.5 comes out we will all come to the website and test it, if its bad, WE GO TO ERIC'S HOUSE AND WE KILL HIM! AND WE DRINK HE'S BLOOD, WE MAKE A HELMET WITH HIS HEAD AND WE DANCE IN HIS TOMB!!!!!!!
OdairGamer

Postby lostmydollar » 24 January 2018, 09:43

depends on how much money will eric put into the advertising

lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby Alien security heavy » 24 January 2018, 14:45

If the hitreg was fixed probably a little bit longer than pb2
If there are new trigger features implemented... Probably even further if map makers become more creative.
Act like you know me, but do you even know yourself?
When you got nothin’, you got nothin’ to lose.
I may have no one else to blame, but listen to me.
You and I, we were once the same.
Alien security heavy
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby DoomWrath » 24 January 2018, 16:59

It could go either way. As a browser release, I doubt it will last as long as PB2 has, but only due to events beyond our control. Flash itself is dying, and online browser based gaming isn't exactly a great sector as smartphones have taken over most of the "lunchbreak gamer" crowd.

On the other hand, I think it'll do pretty well compared to other games released at the same time it comes out, and if PB2.5 has a Steam release, or sponsorship by much larger and more capable sites than Coolbuddy, it has the potential to go much further than PB2 did.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Sniper J » 25 January 2018, 03:18

Honestly, I don't expect a lot of old players to return for the release of PB2.5, however, I do expect there to be a surge of new players, if the game can be advertised properly. The existing community around PB2, or whatever is left of it, is really waiting for PB2.5 to be released as they have been kept satisfied with the updates being made to PB2 itself. As you said, it's too early to tell, but I think it will perform fine for a while.

Sniper J
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Elitech » 25 January 2018, 14:22

So far we have gotten 7 long years of eternal fun. The fanbase is still here. I believe the PB2 fanbase will last around 9 years, considering peoples' growth.
epic
Elitech
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to General Discussion