Server Testing

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Server Testing

Postby Aervec_ » 3 January 2018, 05:40

Hi! Eric is now testing a new server open to all players! He posted a comment on his Twitter account, but the new testing servers have not had much activity on them, so I'd like to bring some more attention by posting it here.

Eric Gurt's Twitter wrote:Starting few tests on PB2. Changed the way multiplayer works and few other things. In case you are interested - you are welcome https://www.plazmaburst2.com/play/play_fs.php … Only "Testing area" servers will work with this update. Does multiplayer feel better to you? Waiting on your opinion here.

Link to his Tweet: https://twitter.com/Eric_Gurt/status/948321680090214400

I encourage everyone to begin making matches and joining matches so we can all offer Eric some results with the testing.
Aervec_
Recruit

Re: Server Testing

Postby kaser » 4 January 2018, 11:57

I can't access these servers for some reason, it keeps saying this: "Game version mismatch, refresh page to get latest game update"
Then if I clicked again, it says "pending verification" forever.

kaser
Recruit

Postby Ty Q » 4 January 2018, 13:03

kaser wrote:I can't access these servers for some reason, it keeps saying this: "Game version mismatch, refresh page to get latest game update"
Then if I clicked again, it says "pending verification" forever.

Same. For both servers.

Ty Q
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Eric Gurt » 4 January 2018, 13:37

Testing area servers are only accessible through new version of game. This one https://www.plazmaburst2.com/play/play_fs.php
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby BLAST3R » 4 January 2018, 18:46

Eric Gurt wrote:Testing area servers are only accessible through new version of game. This one https://www.plazmaburst2.com/play/play_fs.php

There are a ton of bugs on the new servers, you can literally shoot at the air or slice the air in multiplayer and some players will die, this is not a problem in approved matches because you won't get deaths, but in ranked matches you get deaths and lose your PPP.

(to be honest I don't care about PPP but I lost all of mine...)

BLAST3R
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Aervec_ » 4 January 2018, 23:57

Some issues I have noticed so far:

- Sometimes guns can suddenly disappear. From what I could tell, this is due to some players seeing your gun not on your person but rather on the ground.
-- A similar problem happens with variations of guns like the light and heavy railguns. Somebody can appear to have a heavy railgun while they don't actually see it on their character. They can hold both variations and not know it. Even if they die or something like that, they still appear to carry/spawn with it.

- Ping can occasionally have some sort of bugged loop that causes 30k+ ping until you relog the server.
Aervec_
Recruit

Postby lrv » 5 January 2018, 12:19

The best thing about this update: The attack bug is gone.
lrv
Falkok [250]

Postby DoomWrath » 6 January 2018, 01:26

My pings are higher than usual in both US and EU server. However they are more stable. Overall MP feels somewhat smoother.

Biggest difference for me is how gorgeous and how smooth the game looks in a larger screen size, especially at 60fps and full settings.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby ECC9 » 6 January 2018, 09:39

My ping at the EU test server is something around 10000 but bigger on USA. Probably much people don't know about the servers or don't have the link to it.
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Return to General Discussion