Mobility taught in campaign

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Mobility taught in campaign

Postby ustopable » 31 December 2017, 11:13

As you can see i’m aiming at one problem that campaign teaches us. Mobility

As you can see there are 4 taught mobility skills in the campaign
1. Grenade Jump
2. Rocket Jump
3. Wall Jump
4. Rifle Wall Jump.

So a long time ago a player discovered an exploit where he can boost himself up higher and its a feature now called Selfboost.

So whats the problem?
Grenade Jump and Rocket jump although taught can’t be used in most fight except if you don’t know anything about selfboosting.

Selfboost out class the 2 Explosive Jumps that is taught in Plazmaburst 2. Since it deals damage to yourself and grenade jumping is not defined if you can actually reach it. The only moment I can see this working is when you don’t have any time to switch weapon but most of the time you’ll move with the sword on anyways.

So whats the problem with wall jump? Most multiplayer maps doesn’t contain any wall jumping plus you can atleast walljump once per match and if it does that area can be turned into a camping spot. Usually you’ll use it to wall jump atleast once in areas that you can’t reach but most of the time the editor already covered those areas with gravitators, teleporters, and can be reached by self boosting. Still it looks cool and works in campaign.

Selfboost should also be taught in singleplayer campaign since it can be used in multiplayer and most of the time you’ll use self boost to reach some weird areas anyways.

Why should it be taught? Example i’m a new player that finished the whole campaign so I went to the multiplayer to test everything that I have learned then suddenly I saw someone jump higher than me when both of us jumps unarmed so i jump and jump and nothing still I can’t reach the area that the other jumped until I got to a match that teaches you how to selfboost.
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Re: Mobility taught in campaign

Postby lpzimm » 2 January 2018, 02:12

Sword jump should be taught. It actually does on some random proxy level, but IMO it should be one of the first things.
lpzimm
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby lrv » 5 January 2018, 09:01

Nope, gunswim, selfboost and swordjump doesn't need to be taught since many youtube videos contain them and you pretty much learn by wathcing.
lrv
Falkok [250]

Postby Ayano » 6 January 2018, 08:54

Sword jumping should be taught for it may help the player reach other areas without that much effort.
Self Boosting well I think it should also be required as well.
lrv wrote:Nope, gunswim, selfboost and swordjump doesn't need to be taught since many youtube videos contain them and you pretty much learn by wathcing.

Not everyone watches youtube vids of PB 2 anyways ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Besides it can help people who are literally new to the game.
Ayano
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby ECC9 » 6 January 2018, 09:41

Selfboosting is fun. It's my favourite thing in pb2.
I hope Eric will add it to pb3
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Mageti » 14 January 2018, 21:33

Mobility tricks when done well are quite satisfying :P

Parent: Come down, dinner's ready

Me: Hold on, be 5 secs

Mageti

Return to General Discussion