STARTING ANEW (APPROVAL & APPROVED MAPS)

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Start anew or transfer old maps to pb2.5?

Start anew
83%
Transfer old maps
17%

Total votes : 12

STARTING ANEW (APPROVAL & APPROVED MAPS)

Postby lostmydollar » 7 December 2017, 11:36

it's a nice thing that people finally started thinking that maps like stryde-sniper, eric gurt-railwars1 and many other popular ones are flawed, that they don't follow the requirements and look ugly in the first place. i was against the approval of stryde-sniper since the first day of it being approved (2014). it took community about 3 years to finally realize how shitty that and many other maps are. you can see the approval removal section. over 40 replies on stryde's map holy shit. you can see how hot it is in that topic

but since eric does not want to remove the approval mark off some specified maps for obvious reasons (to not kill pb2), how about starting a new in pb2.5? i mean we should tell eric to change his mind about the transfer of pb2 maps to pb2.5. let's NOT do that. let's NOT transfer egrw1 and stryde's sniper to the new game and reapprove them "cuz they were popular in pb2". let's have a fresh new start and follow ALL the requirements for getting an approved map. let's not approve simple and ugly maps (that are used to be overpopular in pb2).

I give you a couple of examples what map authors deserve approvals and which ones don't deserve approvals just to draw a line between good and bad maps in terms of design and gameplay.

Terabrion
Reject
Lonewolf56
Blue--
RawrNutHug
X Mechanic

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Stryde
Eric Gurt
XFrostByteX
Max Teabag
PixelByte
Roxxar

green - good, red - bad, obviously. for people who are in the second section - im sorry, nothing personal. you make popular maps but you know that they are not good, no need to lie to yourself. special apology to max teabag. max you are good at triggers and SP maps but absolutely terrible at creating fight maps. also special apology to eric gurt. eric you've made a best flash game ever, no doubt. but you should let the community create its own approval maps history, not approve your own maps that are as well shitty, sorry.

so what do you say people? should we start anew in pb2.5? approve only BEST maps of the best, follow all the requirements and forgot to menton - give a new approval system that will focus on opinion of the community.

or

should we have pb2 maps transferred to pb2.5? and play stryde sniper and egrw1 for 5 more years everyday like now?

don't forget to vote in a poll!
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Re: STARTING ANEW (APPROVAL & APPROVED MAPS)

Postby mrblake213 » 7 December 2017, 12:14

I would like so that everyone would get fair chance.

I vote that we should start a new because the rules before aren't the same as the rules now and so the approved map before should be reviewed.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Re: STARTING ANEW (APPROVAL & APPROVED MAPS)

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 7 December 2017, 14:03

Hmm, idk. It could be useless approving maps now. But my favorites that can be transferred are:

All of cahir's approved maps
Spike nitros approved maps
All of audir8's approved maps
Rayhan clasic blue vs red
x death realwar (simplistic and a beginner map for new players against desperate players).
alex543-batlefield
Blue--'s approved maps
lostmydollar-underground
krutz-fftb
aslangs fightforthebase
nexir-realwar
firetiger-realwar
tehswordninja-realwar_mp
Eric gurt zeta elemination lvl 1
Eric gurt draft
Eric gurt railwars1 (Less glitches in pb2.5)
Eric Gurt level 1 multiplayer
reject-battle
All of XFrostbyTexX maps
Know Zeta elemination lvl 13
Know district 13
lonewolf56-alienwar
Shenko-sewers
Max Teabag-arena
Max Teabag-railwars
Max Teabag-lab
Stryde-Sniper "not that one XD" 2
jonb7-dm5