No one plays ranked anymore

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Has the pb2 community degraded into garbage?

Absolutely
58%
No
42%

Total votes : 45

No one plays ranked anymore

Postby Videogames73 » 20 November 2017, 05:15

6 years ago
Spoiler: Show More
I can't believe it's been that long
this game actually had some competition to it.

People actually wanted to be good at playing this game and challenge each other at ranked. 6 years later, no one plays ranked at all! What's the matter? Too many retards that can't compete? Are you all too afraid of embarrassing yourselves? Are you all too dumb to make lobbies? Or are you all too preoccupied role-playing as Naruto and cat fishing each other by pretending to be girls?

There's no shortage of approved maps, so it can't be that no one can find them. The mods approved 3 just this week. I don't understand what could possibly be the appeal to not playing this game on ranked. The singleplayer and coop RP maps are dogshit and saw has been done to death. Have people really given up on ranked? What does this mean for 2.5?
All that work Gurt puts into the gameplay and physics for nothing.
Last edited by Silent Aurora on 30 November 2017, 16:49, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Removed inappropriate part.

Videogames73
Recruit

Re: No one plays ranked anymore and it's really not normal

Postby jeff the hacker » 20 November 2017, 12:48

i have 200-300 ping when i enter lobbies.
the ranked match ping limit is 180, so when i enter one i will get disconnected immideately
im an alien inside

jeff the hacker
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Civil security lite 12054 » 20 November 2017, 13:04

Mabye it just being played by some 6-10 year olds kids who is always dumb or act like an asshole.
Hello everybody, My name is Civil Security Lite 12054, also known as Civil and Lite by my friends. My objective now is to reach my level developer rank to 20.0 and Support Eric on his way in making Pb2.5 for the Community.

(What do Civils hate ? Usurpations and unknown people with guns, of course!)
Civil security lite 12054
Recruit

Postby lostmydollar » 20 November 2017, 14:13

i think the reason is ranking system. gaining and losing a lot of pp takes just a very few kills/deaths so so called pros are afraid of joining ranked games
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby lrv » 20 November 2017, 14:51

Because noone has high enough ping to play ranked?
Also noone play ranked because Guests can quickly ruin you PP. That is used by high PP players to level themselfs up on teh list by leveling the others down without risking damaging there PP.
lrv
Falkok [250]

Postby Civil security lite 12054 » 20 November 2017, 15:26

Well, just gonna say that into 3 reasons:

-One: People either has ping above 180. Which is some of the normal reason why they dont join.

-Two: Guests may join and is likely to ruin your Gameplay. Making the matches rather unplayable and filled with annoying guests.

-Three: The Player points are easily to Gain and lose. So this is making some of the players not wanting to lose their points. Meaning that they wont play the matches once they got enough points.
Civil security lite 12054
Recruit

Postby JayaRaya » 20 November 2017, 16:05

A simple & most important reason that other people have mention about this :

"Only those people that have a ping above 180 that can play Ranked matches. The more lower the ping you have, the more advantage that you will gained during combat."

Which is the only reason i only played at Un-ranked approved matches & focused on the number of my kill points (K/D). Have done this for quite a long time and never ever have a chances to joined an competitive fight at Ranked matches, considering my ping would be around 200 - 300, or maybe can be even higher at some point (Lagging Hardcore).

Other reasons for this topic has been provided by other people.
"Always repent and rectify any mistakes that you have been done."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OMD_LSELAM
JayaRaya

Postby Silent Aurora » 20 November 2017, 18:29

I'm going to give my thoughts regarding ranked/unranked, comeptivity and reason's why ranked seems "empty". This will be a long post so enjoy reading!

Philosophy behind the current top 100 system

This is probably one of the most crucial point's I'm going to be explaining because it allows you to understand how the system actually works and does it really reflect on someone's skill?

The philosophy behind top 100 is to gain as much ppp (player point prediction) so that your daily PP can increase and hence moving upwards. But there's a major flaw with this and we have already seen this happening ever since it's initial release in 2013. It creates the 'hunting game'.

What do I mean by this? Well it's simple, players will actively hunt down other players whose PPP is in the same vicinity as them so they can 'steal them'. The hunting game is what all, if not most people do and have done in the past to achieve their rank. Users have gone as far as spectating the match as a guest account to see who is in it, if it's someone with PPP they will then login on their main account and take their points. You must be thinking how is that bad? Well all it takes is around 2-5 kills to steal at least 80% of the PPP from that player. This creates this unhealthy game-style, infamously known as, 'PPP whoring'.

Now you have people hunting down other players with PPP, get a few kills on them then leave the match. This evidently leads to frustration on the users who actually stayed in matches and played normally, all that taken away by someone who used those dirty cheap tactics to get a higher rank on top 100. With this frustration, people have created this social construct within PB2 that ranked matches are full of dirty 'ppp whores' and it's no fun playing as those players would ruin the experience for everyone else. This is one reason why people don't usually play ranked because of the unhealthy tactics top 100 players, they would rather have an empty game with a few people to hunt down than an active game and making it enjoyable for everyone else. Just put's people off from playing ranked at all.

The second part to this is the actual logic with top 100, you see as I explained it works, you only need to play two or 3 times a week to stack up PPP. So this creates the concept that you don't need to play ranked all the time, hence why you would see ranked empty. This concept is probably another reason why no one plays ranked much because honestly, the current flawed system contributed to it. Over the years, there has been a decline in PP due to lack of ranked activity. Sooner or later the top 100 system will crash and who knows what would happen next. Some notable examples of users just 'ppp whoring' and stacking up PP are sniper j, (his main acc and xenomis) Acellamy (his main account, M boy), Blarginspark/Moist etc. Then it leads down to the question whether or not if the top 100 system truly and accurately portrays the "best" in this game if all people have to do is use dirty game tactics and stack up...But this is a question for another day.

Ping issue

The PB2 fanbase is a lot bigger than what people actually think. The issue here is it's divided. The ping limit has been a controversial debate over the years ever since it's implementation in 2013. It used to be 165 but then Eric raised it up to 180. There are several issues with the ping limit and all of them can be directly linked back to answer the question "why nobody plays ranked anymore".

With the ping limit, this creates segregation between high ping users and low ping users. This segregation has created an unhealthy image towards high-ping users as people who are lucky to live near the servers have discriminated them, called them names and pretty much don't value their skill within the game as the most common excuse is "they are a lagass". This kind of toxic behaviour just discourages the other part of the community to the point they don't even care about playing ranked and just want to stick to played unranked. In my opinion, if they all banded up together and voiced their concern to Eric regarding the ping limit, he may remove it and then ranked matches will be more active with more people. People may use the argument that due to their high-ping, it creates issues such as them "eating" or "tanking" shots. But you need to look at this from perspectives because this issue can be seen both ways. Server-side solves the issue as hits won't be registered based where people are from (client-side). But that's something to take in consideration with pb2.5/pb3.

That's all I've got to say about people not playing ranked anymore.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Slashdown » 20 November 2017, 18:42

Well said! The issue with users with high ping is one that can't be ignored, however. It is objectively harder to hit someone with 400 ping, (due to delay, hits not registering etc etc), so many player feel frustrated when facing such a player. While not fundamentally the high ping player's fault, the advantage they get is noticeable.

Slashdown
Recruit

Postby wreak » 21 November 2017, 21:19

Approved matches are limited to what can you do. At Least with non approved, you can actually create interesting (besides the spam of ugly base maps) like a complicated 7vs1 or a class war. Maybe even make a map where people have special powers!

I am just saying I stopped playing approved since I straight up don't care about PP, you can basically do anything in unapproved maps then approved maps and far more.

And that last statement you said
Videogames73 wrote:All that work Gurt puts into the gameplay and physics for nothing.

Not to be offensive but this statement is hypocritical, the gameplay and physics are used in non approved maps anyways. Eric gurt has created things such as drone gun, some vars triggers, m16, slow motion, etc which is used in non approved but can not be used in approved maps. So wouldn't people playing approved maps be wasting more features eric created then non approved maps?

But yes, there is a whole lot more reasons why people don't do ranked anymore.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Red X_ » 23 November 2017, 03:12

I know people with high pings over 200 or 180 want to play ranked....the issue is that they join and kill the person and disconnect which is a higher risk with our ppp and they do it all over....another issue is that people with normal pings they usually come to the match and don't spawn at all because they don't want to lose their pp...mainly thats where the term "pp pizza sauce" comes from. Rank is suppose to be about competition and being challenged by other players and having fun instead right now people abusing the system and getting legend easily.

Red X_

Postby noir line » 23 November 2017, 15:25

I have 200 - 300 ping there so I instantly get disconnected, not to mention everyone got bored of the game, due to finding better games.
noir line
Recruit

Re: No one plays ranked anymore

Postby Videogames73 » 30 November 2017, 03:26

I meant to respond to this thread more but a certain someone wouldn't accept my posts. Now that I don't require permission to post, I'll point out that anyone with a ping higher than 200 is garbage and should be ashamed of their country for not having better ISP infrastructure. I wake up every day proud that I live in the beautiful, advanced first world country that America is. We clearly still lead the world in every form of technology and there are no signs of that changing in the next century.

I'm also surprised by the poll's response. I'm glad that, although the community has degraded into pure shit, you can at least recognize what you are.

Videogames73
Recruit

Postby Hikarikaze » 30 November 2017, 03:53

Videogames73 wrote:Now that I don't require permission to post, I'll point out that anyone with a ping higher than 200 is garbage and should be ashamed of their country for not having better ISP infrastructure.

I live in the so-called "advanced first world" country that America is with a connection speed quick enough to get 100 ping in Cali and the game runs like garbage for me in both SP and MP, with ping values averaging between 300-1000 which in my case is not my problem. Dismissing people for not having the privilege of a good enough connection is complete ignorance and dismissing people based off ping just makes you sound stupid. People also have high ping because the servers are trash.

Videogames73 wrote:We clearly still lead the world in every form of technology

No. South Korea makes our connection speeds look 3rd world. We clearly do not lead in this instance.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_ ... opy_01.png
http://prntscr.com/hh2nkw
http://prntscr.com/hh2p98

Be ashamed that your "beautiful, advanced first world" country lacks ISP infrastructure that could place it in the top 5 fastest speeds in the world.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby JayaRaya » 30 November 2017, 16:10

Videogames73 wrote:I meant to respond to this thread more but a certain someone wouldn't accept my posts.

Seriously ? you can't expect all the people to accept and agree on your opinion of this post. Everyone have their own different thoughts and opposite opinions about the topics that being discuss, that's should be respected.

Videogames73 wrote:Now that I don't require permission to post, I'll point out that anyone with a ping higher than 200 is garbage and should be ashamed of their country for not having better ISP infrastructure.

I would personally blame the bad-quality servers that Coolbuddy provided in this game, considering the servers is very far away from my country location. And i'm curious on how you would feel like when you have to play an online game with a ping above 200 everyday, because it has a servers that is very far from your location.

Videogames73 wrote:I wake up every day proud that I live in the beautiful, advanced first world country that America is. We clearly still lead the world in every form of technology and there are no signs of that changing in the next century.

I'm surprised to know that the so-called "Advanced first world country" doesn't reach the top 5 fastest internet connection speed in the world, as what Hikarikaze mention.

Videogames73 wrote:I'm also surprised by the poll's response. I'm glad that, although the community has degraded into pure [censored], you can at least recognize what you are.

It's people's choices, obviously.

===============================================================================================

By the way you write, plus the inappropriate titles and certain of your aggressive words. No wonder your access into this forum has been terminated by the Staff team.

http://prntscr.com/hhauwo (Source : viewtopic.php?f=117&t=20415)
"Always repent and rectify any mistakes that you have been done."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OMD_LSELAM
JayaRaya

Postby yi en » 4 December 2017, 10:50

ok, so basically why nobody wants to join ranked matches.
1) the server isn't good enough to support every world to let the ping be 180 and lower.
I live in Asian, and the lowest ping possible I can get is 205ms. (normally freaking 300~400ms ping
2) let's skip the ppl from asians (except korea, singapore, japan)
Let's just be honest, a thingy would be spread when there's a lot of players in it, to form a lot of players we need someone open the server and there's constant player in it. But most Asian players are out, and I guess Europe couldnt get 180ms and less (most europe people I know, their ping are about 200ms++)
3) so Asain and Europe are down, Afrika and South America didn't even need to mention,now USA and Europe.
I don't rly know does the California server could support whole USA?
If no, there's the point.

all I want to say is make the server supportable for more countries, then they able to play XD
(database leaking also the reason of it.
yi en

Postby wreak » 30 December 2017, 07:55

i don't like playing stryde-sniper and x d-realwars, but i do like playing ranked. nvm same thing.
wreak
wreak

Postby mingo1 » 30 December 2017, 10:17

People raise great points about the problem regarding the ping limit. Unfortunately, if Eric makes the ping limit higher (let's say 250), people who play ranked would complain about their shots not connecting. Since ranked goes towards your PP and reflects your spot on the top 100, it would only stress players out if they had to play people with higher pings. Ping limits is certainly a reason some people don't play ranked anymore.

Additionally, there are more reasons: some people don't like the ranking system, some people get too stressed when they play ranked (I've talked w people who say it's really stressful anytime you die and see -0.12 PP, for example), and some people simply move on from the PB2 in general

Great topic man
When PB2.5/PB3 comes out, assuming advertising and such goes well, there will be a wide population of newcomers and old-comers ready to play ranked a lot again

:)
mingo1
Administrator

Postby shegekuni » 1 January 2018, 04:36

The leaderboards is messed up imo because it's not even based on skill it's based on mostly activity, it's an awful idea to keep the game alive and it clearly isn't working
shegekuni

Postby ECC9 » 6 January 2018, 12:02

Since not much people play from EU, some people have no chance to gain pp or ppp because the EU server is died and the USA server for EU people is very lagging.
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9

Next

Return to General Discussion