Laggers and Lag: Best ping in Pb2

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Laggers and Lag: Best ping in Pb2

Postby Mediocre » 13 November 2017, 16:22

I'm making this discussion because I want to know what you guys think is the best ping in pb2. Lag has been around ever since pb2 was created.

Almost everyone has different views on lag and how it works. Some people despise it and think it gives you an unfair advantage in the game while other people say the opposite.

First of all, we need to know how lag even works in pb2. In my opinion, what lag does is create another dimension in pb2. The larger the ping, the more you will phase between the normal pb2 world and the lag dimension. When a player is phased into the lag dimension, they will temporarily not be in the game so they will not be harmed. When the player returns from the lag dimension (depending on ping 0.1 - 1.5 seconds), the player will have missed being in pb2 for that entire period. When he/she returns, they will see that players are teleporting and other players will complain because they're not dead.

This is what I believe lag is. Many people see lag as an advantage. It's not. When you lag, depending on your ping, it becomes harder for people to shoot you, but it also becomes harder for you to shoot other people (depending on their ping as well).

Imagine 2 laggers going head to head phasing out of dimensions and being unable to hit each other. Because both of them are phasing in and out, the probability of hitting each other is lowered even more.

But that's not the only issue, laggers have to constantly deal with connection problems as well and when that happens, the player cannot move. Laggers have no stability or control over themselves. Their shots hitting opponents is based on heavily on luck.

In pb2, lag can be beneficial but if you lag too much (say over 300), you will struggle.

In my opinion, I believe the best ping is one that can eat bullets as well as shoot people without much difficulty.
That ping lies somewhere near the region of 200.

What do you guys say? Why can't we have an Oceania server?

Mediocre
Recruit

Re: Laggers and Lag: Best ping in Pb2

Postby Dariy » 14 November 2017, 04:38

The "Why can't we have more servers" topic has been discussed many times, it really comes down to the server provider which is Coolbuddy. Of course I don't know the details because it is something to be settled between Eric Gurt and them, but it is unlikely that we would ever get more servers for PB2. Perhaps we will have more options in 2.5
(I love how you call it the "lag dimension" xD it's really fitting.)
ησтнιηg вυт тнє вєѕт ιѕ gσσ∂ єησυgн ƒσя мє
Dariy
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Location: ѕιттιηg ση α яαιηвσω ωιтн α ѕтяιηg αяσυη∂ му ƒιηgєя

Postby JayaRaya » 15 November 2017, 07:21

Mediocre wrote:What do you guys say? Why can't we have an Oceania server?

Same thing as what have many people asking about "Asian server". PB2 does not, and likely will not have an Asia server, or any other servers. Servers to run the game cost a lot of money to hire, which is currently not being supplied to Coolbuddy by the advertisements on site. (Basically, people can blame Coolbuddy for the bad quality servers in this game...)

But i do heard that probably Eric gotta added more servers in PB2.5.

Dariy wrote:(I love how you call it the "lag dimension" xD it's really fitting.)

Yeah, i actually like that name. It's perfect :D
"Always repent and rectify any mistakes that you have been done."

Spoiler: Show More
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OMD_LSELAM
JayaRaya
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Slashdown » 15 November 2017, 21:31

While lag is a big problem, over time you hopefully learn how to adjust to lag. I don't think an extra server will change that all that much.

Slashdown
Recruit

Postby Purple Monster » 17 November 2017, 03:58

Unfortunately I've gotten used to playing with 200-300 ping that it's the most appropriate network latency for me to play with in PB2... not that I still do. Put me in singleplayer and I'd most likely struggle.

There are always 2 sides to every coin. People that lag experience both advantages and disadvantages. Same with people that do not experience that much lag (say a ping below 50).

Even if CoolBuddy providing a new server were possible, adding a server in another region is an unviable solution, since there won't be a lot of people to play on the SEA/AUS servers.

Purple Monster
Recruit

Postby Mediocre » 21 November 2017, 15:10

Adjusting to lag? I've played this game for around 4-5 years straight. For the first 2 years, I was playing 4 hours a day every day snipers only.

I really don't think I can improve much in snipers. Honestly, it's my ping that's dragging me down. While both low and high ping have advantages and disadvantages, I think high ping has more disadvantages. You can play pb2 well with 20 ping because your shots will hit almost everything you shoot at whereas with 400 ping, whether you kill someone or not (even if it's a direct hit) depends on the angle you shoot at and luck. In maps like stryde where there are many random kills, it's important that your shots connect especially if you're going for a self boost kill. The random shots that happen around the map make your lag defence useless in that regard unless you're doing a 1v1. You also get constant connection problems appearing on your screen if your ping is above 350 (like 1 every 2 seconds).

I've also played with many low ping players that can insta kill me at any time. My lag defence becomes invisible against people with low ping and good aim :(.

Mediocre
Recruit

Return to General Discussion