what are PSI Blades made out of?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

what are PSI Blades made out of?

Postby Player_PB2 » 23 September 2017, 04:24

so, i just noticed like around like a week ago that PSI are a value (whatever you call it) of pressure. In video games, it's considered "energy swords". But if we divide it by two words, it means "blade made from pressure" (in science). Still, i need to know more about PSI Blades. The conclusion is, PSI blades maybe are made out of pressure :O
i type pressure like 20 times, because i'm in a..... PRESSURE (get it? no? :sorry: )
note: in the wiki, it doesn't mention that PSI blades are made out of pressure. and i need to learn from my mistakes
Last edited by Player_PB2 on 30 September 2017, 04:16, edited 1 time in total.
2020 and still laughing at a gray box ██ <---- funniest crap i have ever seen
Player_PB2
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: what are PSI Blades made out of?

Postby darkstar 1 » 23 September 2017, 09:42

PSI can also refer to Psionics, so basically paranormal activities with electronics.

I've also seen some 'articles' (dunno how trustworthy they are) about scientists finding some way to recreate lightsabers with photons or plasma, held together with magnetic fields. Those sound like something that could be possible as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psionics
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Psionic_blade

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby DoomWrath » 23 September 2017, 10:07

When you pressurize something you can vastly change its material characteristics, like a material's boiling or melting point. I wouldn't be surprised if the PSI blades highly pressurize a liquid until it boils off, giving the blades a small area of boiling material to cut with. It's kinda pseudo-science, but it's realistic enough to explain the PSI blades in my opinion.

Or it could be a gas so highly pressurized it turns into a plasma, which is held in place by electromagnets around the blade.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Ghost Killer823 » 23 September 2017, 22:46

I think the PSI blade idea being in the game in the first place was rigged from another source, like how the Sniper Rifle CS-YipeeKiYay has the same firing sound that of the one sniper rifle from COD: Modern Warfare 2 I believe. Lets just say they originated from another source whose created the blades firsthand with similar building procedures used to create them.

Spoiler: Show More
In general, they are more like mini-lightsaber blades to me, like how they reflect bullets and stuff. I bet it has to have similar power characteristics that of a star wars kyber crystal, but I wouldn't be certain of that, either.
Ghost Killer823

Postby GhostX5 » 26 September 2017, 20:33

My guess is, maybe it’s made out of plasma, like Star Wars’ Light Saber & Halo’s Energy Sword.
United Special Operations ~:~ RYZE-138 aka Ghost-138 ~:~ Leader of Alpha Team ~:~ Master Chief Petty Officer
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby ILegacy » 26 September 2017, 22:12

probs lol ill be coool if we can adjust it to glow

ILegacy
Recruit

Postby wreak » 28 September 2017, 00:41

GhostX5 wrote:My guess is, maybe it’s made out of plasma, like Star Wars’ Light Saber & Halo’s Energy Sword.

plasma is something so hot that it releases photons of energy or something like that. Chemistry was a long time ago for me
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Missak » 29 September 2017, 17:01

It could be plasma as DoomWrath has said, but having "plasma" as blades is very weird as plasma needs very high temperatures to be made and to be constantly ongoing; plasma is made by heating a gas or exposing it to an electromagnetic field for a while, if done by either it could lose or gain electrons as in ionizing it (like a magnetic charge) which is insane. Not to mention it is a very high electricity conductor.
The sun is actually a big plasma. Heck, all stars are plasma, and they are very hot.
So having a persistent functional plasma blade would actually burn, no, make the characters non-existent or into a handful of goo if they used it.
But in the end, it's a game, and I am sure physics in this game are weird. So, I am really not sure what it is made out of.
Missak
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Eternal Dorkness » 9 October 2017, 19:31

Missak wrote:It could be plasma as DoomWrath has said, but having "plasma" as blades is very weird as plasma needs very high temperatures to be made and to be constantly ongoing; plasma is made by heating a gas or exposing it to an electromagnetic field for a while, if done by either it could lose or gain electrons as in ionizing it (like a magnetic charge) which is insane. Not to mention it is a very high electricity conductor.
The sun is actually a big plasma. Heck, all stars are plasma, and they are very hot.
So having a persistent functional plasma blade would actually burn, no, make the characters non-existent or into a handful of goo if they used it.
But in the end, it's a game, and I am sure physics in this game are weird. So, I am really not sure what it is made out of.

There is always the possibility that plasma is far different in terms of how it works in the Plazma Burst universe.
hmm today i will ᴄ̶̠̩̑̍̾̂̾̀̏͘ᴏ̷̳̜͔̺̩͚̖̉̕͝ɴ̶̡̡̲̟̘̪̊̎͜ꜱ̸̗̞̻̙̣͔͓̼̔̇͑̈́͐̔ᴜ̷̼͊͑̒͛̉̈́̔̉̕̕ᴍ̸̨̺͇͖̪͊̽̐͊̓̉͂͝ͅᴇ̴̛̭̖̮̐͒̔̋͠ my infant son
Eternal Dorkness
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby 49er » 12 October 2017, 04:37

The blades are made out of metal, possibly metal so excited/heated that it glows.

The sound effects clearly sound like metal objects scraping together.
49er
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Player_PB2 » 21 December 2017, 04:22

Maybe i was wrong, PSI blades are not from pressure, because, pressure needs space (like volume) and the blades itself doesn't have it. It may be made from a matter that is so hot but it's so "solid" that it won't bend like most metals.
2020 and still laughing at a gray box ██ <---- funniest crap i have ever seen
Player_PB2

Return to General Discussion