Staff, how to request the "approval review"?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Staff, how to request the "approval review"?

Postby lostmydollar » 24 August 2017, 08:26

viewtopic.php?f=135&t=17778

it says that i can request approval review if my map meets the approval requirements. how do i do it? pm-ing the most active staff member is not working. it seems a little too hard for some staff members to reply with just "yes" or "no"? anyway i dont want to spam every staff members inbox and waste my own time so answer here please. this question should be answered publicly
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Re: Staff, how to request the "approval review"?

Postby Ayano » 24 August 2017, 13:08

You can ask experienced map makers if your Map can be approved.
But Eric is the only one who can Approve maps.
So I suggest you contact Eric.
Ayano
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby lostmydollar » 24 August 2017, 14:05

Ayano wrote:You can ask experienced map makers if your Map can be approved.

i know that eric is the only one who can approve maps. the problem is: he locked all the ways to contact him. he doesnt play the game, doesnt accept site and forum messages, as well as he skips all the approval requests on his twitter page(i think).

also i dont need to ask any map makers if they find my map approve-able or not. im pretty exprienced with the level editor and i can see if the map can be approved or not.

the question is how to "request" the review besides getting in touch with eric
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby ZapruderFilm » 24 August 2017, 14:10

Ayano wrote:You can ask experienced map makers if your Map can be approved.

Fairly sure admins can approve maps. Your best bet is catching Eric in person at some point, asking admins, and making sure your map is really really polished before you do it, at its best, because after you update it it will lose it's approval.
I highly recommend checking out max teabag's approval map making guide, it's incredibly well written and ideal for getting a map approved. (Here's Max's Guide. It's lengthy, but really well written, intuitive, and worth the read. https://pb2boz.wordpress.com/2016/12/29 ... axs-heart/ )
Try shooting Eric a PM about it. He might reply, might not. Worth at least trying I suppose.
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby lostmydollar » 24 August 2017, 14:22

ZapruderFilm wrote:Fairly sure admins can approve maps. Your best bet is catching Eric in person at some point, asking admins, and making sure your map is really really polished before you do it, at its best, because after you update it it will lose it's approval.
I highly recommend checking out max teabag's approval map making guide, it's incredibly well written and ideal for getting a map approved. (Here's Max's Guide. It's lengthy, but really well written, intuitive, and worth the read. https://pb2boz.wordpress.com/2016/12/29 ... axs-heart/ )
Try shooting Eric a PM about it. He might reply, might not. Worth at least trying I suppose.

admins cannot approve maps. you've been in the team long enough. you should have known it.

there is a already an official approval map making guide. check the link in op. and the question is how to "request an approval" not "how to make your map meet the approval requirements". please dont make me repeat it again

ZapruderFilm wrote:Try shooting Eric a PM about it.
Your best bet is catching Eric in person at some point.

lostmydollar wrote:I know that eric is the only one who can approve maps. the problem is: he locked all the ways to contact him. he doesnt play the game, doesnt accept site and forum messages, as well as he skips all the approval requests on his twitter page(i think).

Zapruderfilm, you have the access to staff section on the forum, correct? you can leave a message for eric there. he will take a look at it at some point of time.

you guys made "Official Discord Server Verification Thread" and "Registration for Power League" topics where regular users can get into something with the help of site staff. so why won't you make similar topic for maps?
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby ZapruderFilm » 24 August 2017, 15:32

lostmydollar wrote:
ZapruderFilm wrote:Fairly sure admins can approve maps. Your best bet is catching Eric in person at some point, asking admins, and making sure your map is really really polished before you do it, at its best, because after you update it it will lose it's approval.

admins cannot approve maps. you've been in the team long enough. you should have known it.

there is a already an official approval map making guide. check the link in op. and the question is how to "request an approval" not "how to make your map meet the approval requirements". please dont make me repeat it again

ZapruderFilm wrote:Try shooting Eric a PM about it.
Your best bet is catching Eric in person at some point.

lostmydollar wrote:I know that eric is the only one who can approve maps. the problem is: he locked all the ways to contact him. he doesnt play the game, doesnt accept site and forum messages, as well as he skips all the approval requests on his twitter page(i think).

Zapruderfilm, you have the access to staff section on the forum, correct?

First off, let's relax. I'm trying to help you and you're giving off really heated vibes man.
The 'guide' linked in OP isn't really a guide in the sense that it's literally the bare minimum. It really only tells you the requirements. The guide actually talks to make an ideal map for approval.

Moving on, after asking a few staff, seems I was mistaken. You are correct, at this time only Eric can approve maps. There is no formal submission process. You'll just have to try your hardest to contact Eric Gurt, or find someone who can do it for you.
My guess would be though, he doesn't have much interest in approving new maps, he probably spends much of his time on 2.5 and PB2 is less active than it has been lately.
ZapruderFilm

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby lostmydollar » 24 August 2017, 16:38

ZapruderFilm wrote:First off, let's relax. I'm trying to help you and you're giving off really heated vibes man.
The 'guide' linked in OP isn't really a guide in the sense that it's literally the bare minimum. It really only tells you the requirements. The guide actually talks to make an ideal map for approval.

Moving on, after asking a few staff, seems I was mistaken. You are correct, at this time only Eric can approve maps. There is no formal submission process. You'll just have to try your hardest to contact Eric Gurt, or find someone who can do it for you.
My guess would be though, he doesn't have much interest in approving new maps, he probably spends much of his time on 2.5 and PB2 is less active than it has been lately.

i apologize if my expressing seems harsh. i didn't mean to offend you. you're a good staff

about "formal submission process" well, there should be one. some of the staffs should probably take care of it as it might be and will be useful for the community.

eric doesn't have to spend a lot of times just to do a few clicks on the map page. 2-3 minutes to play and check the map in ale for any issues.

like i said you have the access(?) to the hidden forum section that can only be viewed by staff members including eric. if you wish to help you can run official submission topic and check the maps posted in there, after that you post them in the hidden section and wait until eric himself sees them
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby ZapruderFilm » 25 August 2017, 02:22

lostmydollar wrote:
ZapruderFilm wrote:First off, let's relax. I'm trying to help you and you're giving off really heated vibes man.

i apologize if my expressing seems harsh. i didn't mean to offend you. you're a good staff

about "formal submission process" well, there should be one. some of the staffs should probably take care of it as it might be and will be useful for the community.

eric doesn't have to spend a lot of times just to do a few clicks on the map page. 2-3 minutes to play and check the map in ale for any issues.

like i said you have the access(?) to the hidden forum section that can only be viewed by staff members including eric. if you wish to help you can run official submission topic and check the maps posted in there, after that you post them in the hidden section and wait until eric himself sees them

I will talk to staff about it, but I've no clue how soon I can accomplish such a thing, Doom is on vacation and I haven't talked to Eric in a bit now.
ZapruderFilm

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby lostmydollar » 25 August 2017, 17:40

ZapruderFilm wrote:I will talk to staff about it, but I've no clue how soon I can accomplish such a thing, Doom is on vacation and I haven't talked to Eric in a bit now.

thank you.

also, when you run the submission topic please make sure every forum user will have an opportunity to say a word for or against the approval of each map(not through the poll please because some map developers can create fake accounts to vote over and over again). so we won't see numerous remakes of stryde-sniper/other crap maps being approved in future

potentially this can replace the non-existent section 21 and fix eric's mistake (approving bad maps). also when eric sees how you,staffs, maintain this new approving system he might give the site power to approve maps to one of you
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby ZapruderFilm » 25 August 2017, 18:14

lostmydollar wrote:
ZapruderFilm wrote:I will talk to staff about it, but I've no clue how soon I can accomplish such a thing, Doom is on vacation and I haven't talked to Eric in a bit now.

thank you.

also, when you run the submission topic please make sure every forum user will have an opportunity to say a word for or against the approval of each map(not through the poll please because some map developers can create fake accounts to vote over and over again). so we won't see numerous remakes of stryde-sniper/other crap maps being approved in future

potentially this can replace the non-existent section 21 and fix eric's mistake (approving bad maps). also when eric sees how you,staffs, maintain this new approving system he might give the site power to approve maps to one of you

It depends how we do it (And, frankly, if we do it.). I need to discuss this with staff and obviously Eric's word on maps and anything else trumps all.
ZapruderFilm

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby wreak » 26 August 2017, 17:28

Not to strike down your goal of making a approved map but it's useless at this point. Only a small majority of approved maps are even played, not to mention that approved section is almost dead except for like a few overplayed maps.

That is also the reason why I don't even bother to try making approved maps, the chances of getting it approved is already low enough considering you can't even ask a admin and they have to see it themselves. Which makes no sense because I don't ever recall seeing an admin inside a MP map when I started at 2013 (with the exception of mods and head mods).

From a personal standpoint, I would not even bother with trying too much on making an approved match unless you really wanted it now.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby lostmydollar » 26 August 2017, 17:38

wreak wrote:Not to strike down your goal of making a approved map but it's useless at this point. Only a small majority of approved maps are even played, not to mention that approved section is almost dead except for like a few overplayed maps.

That is also the reason why I don't even bother to try making approved maps, the chances of getting it approved is already low enough considering you can't even ask a admin and they have to see it themselves. Which makes no sense because I don't ever recall seeing an admin inside a MP map when I started at 2013 (with the exception of mods and head mods).

From a personal standpoint, I would not even bother with trying too much on making an approved match unless you really wanted it now.

i think if eric gives the approving power to one of mods, he should disapprove 95% of currently approved maps leaving only the best ones/most played ones to exist. this way the approved section will live again and the word "approval" will actually cost something.

also it's not just my map. i know a plenty of maps by other authors that deserve to be approved.
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby 49er » 27 August 2017, 04:14

There's no reason to take down any approved maps that fit the requirements. Who cares. If someone wants to play a rare approved map once in a blue moon, that's great.
49er
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby lostmydollar » 27 August 2017, 09:34

49er wrote:There's no reason to take down any approved maps that fit the requirements. Who cares. If someone wants to play a rare approved map once in a blue moon, that's great.

95% of maps there are crap imo. disapproving them will make map developers realize that their maps must match a certain level of quality to be approved. they also should be original. this way numerous remakes of stryde-sniper and eric gurt-railwars1 will not be considered approval worth.
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby wreak » 27 August 2017, 17:17

If you are talking about if maps should even be approved, that's a different issue than what I was saying before. But from what I am seeing and what I remember, to some extent I disagree with 95% of approved maps being unworthy.

The small majority of maps are overplayed in approved maps and to some cases unapproved section. However in the unapproved section, there is too many remakes of the same map and other cases it's just same overrated map.

Now to hit this in heart, if your confused why "unworthy" maps are getting votes or getting approved. Its mainly because it either hits the requirements for becoming approved or the idea is so simplistic that people are able to grasp it at first glance, the idea of uniqueness often becomes difficult to play with and people end up playing a overused map. A name like silentultamatekiller01-best base 2 is too long to remember versus 707-sniper or stryde-sniper, the map ID and gameplay is so simplistic, catchy and yet fun to play with.

When you make your maps too complicated, you trade off simplicity and fun with individuality and "appealing." And the saying behind "Why do maps like these get so much approval and favor," has a blunt answer. You would notice this "bad" map if you saw one.

I might have to change the up the last paragraph but the meaning is a bit confusing.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby 49er » 27 August 2017, 21:01

lostmydollar wrote:
49er wrote:There's no reason to take down any approved maps that fit the requirements. Who cares. If someone wants to play a rare approved map once in a blue moon, that's great.

95% of maps there are crap imo. disapproving them will make map developers realize that their maps must match a certain level of quality to be approved. they also should be original. this way numerous remakes of stryde-sniper and eric gurt-railwars1 will not be considered approval worth.

I was responding to a guy that thought unpopular approved maps should be un-approved. There's a duality between that request and yours, which is a request to remove re-makes and unoriginal simplified maps. Those types of maps tend to be fairly popular, while there are a treasure trove of rare but awesome approved maps. I don't think approved maps should be un-approved because they are unpopular. Only the actual quality of the map should be taken into account when considering approval.
49er
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 27 August 2017, 22:55

Simplicity is always best. Like real war LOL

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby 49er » 28 August 2017, 04:47

That map has too much nostalgia associated with it to be taken down.
49er
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to General Discussion