The most popular maps of all time has millions of plays

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

The most popular maps of all time has millions of plays

Postby Max teabag » 11 August 2017, 23:35

Due to a new update we can see how many ratings a map has received since mid-june this year.
I've looked a number of different maps and tried to figure out the correlation between the average amount of game started per rating. I've also been researching how many plays these different types of map receive per game. Due to a number of factors, including that the rating per play was MUCH lower before the implementation of ingame-map ratingm I've come to the conclusion that the most popular maps have been played over millions of times.

According to my rough estimations (Played means a player joins a match with this map)
Excl-school: played approx. 4 million times
Max teabag-gunshop: approx. 3 million times
Stryde-sniper: approx. 1.5 million times

These numbers imply that PB2 has been played a couple hundred million times, at least.
According to the Players site, there is 1,2 million registered users.

I think these numbers are realistic. And I think it's quite mind boggling to realize how huge reach map makers have had throughout. I can't even begin to imagine how many times my maps have been played in total, especially cuz back in the day people didn't rate maps - at all, especially singleplayer maps. 20 million? 30 million? Sheesh.

What do you guys think? Am I way off?
Last edited by Max teabag on 11 August 2017, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.
Max Teabag
Max teabag
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: The most popular maps of all time has millions of plays

Postby Civil_Boss » 12 August 2017, 00:28

My most played map is my shotgun map, which has been played approximately 1140 times, and i'm amazed that my map was made not too long ago, i'm wondering whats your most played map? (i'm too lazy to check for myself :P)
Why don't YOU edit my signature?
Civil_Boss
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mingo1 » 12 August 2017, 22:29

I'm still a little unsure as to how you reached those conclusions, because they do seem a little high. At the same time, this is for sure one of the most popular flash games ever, so I don't doubt it too much.

If this is true, epic!

:)
mingo1
Administrator

Postby Starwars7 » 13 August 2017, 15:19

I had no idea so many people play this game, but it doesn't surprise me. It's pretty much the highest-quality flash game out there.

Civil_Boss wrote:My most played map is my shotgun map, which has been played approximately 1140 times, and i'm amazed that my map was made not too long ago, i'm wondering whats your most played map? (i'm too lazy to check for myself :P)

I don't know about anyone else, but my most played multiplayer map is my Saw map, which has 59 multiplayer matches started, and my most popular singleplayer map is probably Invasion 1: Alpha, with 185 plays. I wish they had higher play amounts, but nobody knows me or my maps, so...
Ever had one of those days where everyone you meet in ranked likes you?

Yeah, me neither.

Starwars7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to General Discussion