Has Being Here Impacted Your Life POSITIVELY?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Has Being Here Impacted Your Life POSITIVELY?

Postby mingo1 » 8 August 2017, 22:18

Even if you just roam the forum and don't reply often... please reply on this topic, reader. It's good/important to think about!

We all gotta step back to think about our lives every once in a while. You gotta ask yourself "am I gonna regret spending too much time here?" and "could I be doing other fun things?" every once in a while.

For me, being here, in the Plazma Burst world, has impacted my life very positively; however, in other cases, negatively. I don't like long topics, so I won't go into details, but I do want you to do so.

Has being here impacted your life POSITIVELY?

Let me know!!!

:D

P.S. If your answer is no, I think this topic might act as a bit of a wake-up-call
mingo1
Administrator

Re: Has Being Here Impacted Your Life POSITIVELY?

Postby Crystal Gemstone » 8 August 2017, 22:23

No, this has affected me mostly NEGATIVELY !
I could go on a rant on why this is the case but I don't want to waste everyone's time with a long post.

Crystal Gemstone
Recruit

Postby mingo1 » 8 August 2017, 22:24

Crystal Gemstone wrote:No, this has affected me mostly NEGATIVELY !
I could go on a rant on why this is the case but I don't want to waste everyone's time with a long post.

Dang, then as I said in my P.S., this topic serves as a wake-up-call for you bro.

GL with your future

:)
mingo1
Administrator

Postby Crystal Gemstone » 8 August 2017, 22:25

Ima wake up then lol.
Thanks for the wake up call LMAO

Crystal Gemstone
Recruit

Postby GhostX5 » 9 August 2017, 11:30

A lot of my friends were really inspired of me, due for the fact I made a lot of friends, they admired me. Plus, not only that I actually care for other players, I also help them out too. Even some of them wanted to join my secret clan.

Plus, even though my friend was unable to play PB2, I could still show him some videos of PB2. Including yours.
United Special Operations ~:~ RYZE-138 aka Ghost-138 ~:~ Leader of Alpha Team ~:~ Master Chief Petty Officer
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Ayano » 9 August 2017, 14:32

PB 2 impacted my life positively?
Ha no.
Just kidding~
I mean there are times where it impacted my life in some negative-ish ways
But the really positive thing I had from PB 2 is to meet new people and become friends with them
Its really fun to play with friends in a game where in you can both enjoy!
Or sometimes I learn something new when talking to some other players
which make me go "oooo amazing!~"
Ayano
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby mingo1 » 9 August 2017, 17:18

GhostX5 wrote:A lot of my friends were really inspired of me, due for the fact I made a lot of friends, they admired me. Plus, not only that I actually care for other players, I also help them out too. Even some of them wanted to join my secret clan.

Plus, even though my friend was unable to play PB2, I could still show him some videos of PB2. Including yours.

:)
Nice!

Ayano wrote:PB 2 impacted my life positively?
Ha no.
Just kidding~
I mean there are times where it impacted my life in some negative-ish ways
But the really positive thing I had from PB 2 is to meet new people and become friends with them
Its really fun to play with friends in a game where in you can both enjoy!
Or sometimes I learn something new when talking to some other players
which make me go "oooo amazing!~"

True! You can learn from a lot of people here
and honestly... anywhere too haha
mingo1
Administrator

Postby ilijah999 » 9 August 2017, 19:22

It has for me, if it wasn't for this game, I wouldn't had even considered becoming a game developer. Between this game, arkham city and Woozworld, Plazma Burst 2 is the BIG reason why I want to make games as a career (hence why I take my maps so seriously)

ilijah999
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Roxxar » 9 August 2017, 21:03

i have become an actual cesspool of biological hazards, toxins, poisons, and radioactive waste
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby JayaRaya » 10 August 2017, 13:34

For a certain years playing around in this game & its community, it does make some positive thoughts for me. For example :

- The feels & the responsibility of leading some people in the community (Clans, events, etc)
- The feels to keep being respectful to many people, even to those that sometimes can be annoying to you
- Know the struggles that Eric put to make this game & other of his game projects
(Level mapmaking is quite challenging enough for certain players, imagine the game creator that made the whole game)
- Learn how to be creative & innovative (Mapmaking, video recording, fan arts, etc)
- Learn how many people have their own different opinions to each other
- Learn how to view other people behaviour
- Learn how to simply enjoy & have fun, even with certain problems can occurred in anytime
And many other things

The point is, it has gave me some good inspirations. And PB2 always deserve to being respected in my opinion. ~ Regards :thank:
"Always repent and rectify any mistakes that you have been done."

Spoiler: Show More
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OMD_LSELAM
JayaRaya

Postby maxim12 » 10 August 2017, 18:36

The game has Impacted me both positively and negatively.

The positive part is the good memories, the great moments that you had in Plasma burst 2.

However the negative part is, (Dont want to offend anyone here) is that I've passed here many flame wars, which impacted some of my memories negatively, sadly. :(

but overall, I have alot of positivenes from this game, and I'm glad It's that way. :) :D
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby WolfMaster12 » 10 August 2017, 18:48

The answer to the question is yes. I passed some idiots who impacted my life negatively, i agree, but I made new friends here to play with and had fun in all those 6 years I have been here. The forum posts have always been entertaining enough to reply to and the chat is full of interesting people. (my opinion)
More cheese for the sir over here!
WolfMaster12

Postby mingo1 » 10 August 2017, 20:03

ilijah999 wrote:It has for me, if it wasn't for this game, I wouldn't had even considered becoming a game developer. Between this game, arkham city and Woozworld, Plazma Burst 2 is the BIG reason why I want to make games as a career (hence why I take my maps so seriously)

Wow! Amazing man.
I wish you ALL the best of luck. Pursue your dreams!

Roxxar wrote:i have become an actual cesspool of biological hazards, toxins, poisons, and radioactive waste

Lol

JayaRaya wrote:For a certain years playing around in this game & its community, it does make some positive thoughts for me. For example :

- The feels & the responsibility of leading some people in the community (Clans, events, etc)
- The feels to keep being respectful to many people, even to those that sometimes can be annoying to you
- Know the struggles that Eric put to make this game & other of his game projects
(Level mapmaking is quite challenging enough for certain players, imagine the game creator that made the whole game)
- Learn how to be creative & innovative (Mapmaking, video recording, fan arts, etc)
- Learn how many people have their own different opinions to each other
- Learn how to view other people behaviour
- Learn how to simply enjoy & have fun, even with certain problems can occurred in anytime
And many other things

The point is, it has gave me some good inspirations. And PB2 always deserve to being respected in my opinion. ~ Regards *thank emoji*

True! This is awesome. Most of that can translate into your real life (ex: learning creativity and innovation). Once again, this is awesome man

maxim12 wrote:The game has Impacted me both positively and negatively.

The positive part is the good memories, the great moments that you had in Plasma burst 2.

However the negative part is, (Dont want to offend anyone here) is that I've passed here many flame wars, which impacted some of my memories negatively, sadly. *sad face*

but overall, I have alot of positivenes from this game, and I'm glad It's that way. *smiley faces*

Agreed! Some of my memories here are ones I won't forget for a long time, in mix with my irl memories.

WolfMaster12 wrote:The answer to the question is yes. I passed some idiots who impacted my life negatively, i agree, but I made new friends here to play with and had fun in all those 6 years I have been here. The forum posts have always been entertaining enough to reply to and the chat is full of interesting people. (my opinion)

Makin' new friends on here is always the best, in mix with makin' new friends irl. Great points, and I agree with your opinions!

Thank you all for the awesome replies as of now!!! I've had a good time reading them
mingo1
Administrator

Postby jeff the hacker » 10 August 2017, 21:20

negative : cyber bullied by dozens of players every day ( like about 1-5 players in 15+ different matches? ). but i am okay with it, even though it hurts alot

positive : alot of creativity and ideas from map making
Last edited by jeff the hacker on 10 August 2017, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
im an alien inside

jeff the hacker

Postby Civil boi 112 » 10 August 2017, 21:50

Has being here impacted my life positively? yes it has mainly because of the fact that i can make my own maps and chat with people play on some good servers.... mostly but anyway yes this game has impacted my life positively.
To be a plasma burst player you must become one with the plasma.

Civil boi 112
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 10 August 2017, 21:54

It has for me because I have great best friends to hang out with.
MI6 AGENT 007
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Dr Jekyll » 11 August 2017, 08:24

Some of the great stories and tricks used in map development helped stimulate my creativity... so yeah.
If you take anything I say seriously, you deserve whatever happens to you.

Dr Jekyll
Recruit

Postby Missak » 11 August 2017, 18:31

I have been here since a year and have had met very interesting people.

Even though the game is "dead", the community is far more interesting than I have ever thought it would be.
Missak
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mingo1 » 12 August 2017, 22:32

Most of the replies have to do with meeting people and forming relationships.

That's amazing to me, truly. It makes me very happy to see that others find happiness in this place. Online friendships are great, just as real friendships are. (However, real friendships are more valuable, of course.)

Being "here" isn't just playing the game, it's connecting with the community
Thank you all for a continuation of awesome replies!

mingo1
Administrator

Postby Starwars7 » 13 August 2017, 14:35

If it wasn't for PB2, I would be bored all of the time. Now, I always have something to do. Make a map, browse the forums, join a random multiplayer match, replay my favorite campaign levels, PM people, etc.
Ever had one of those days where everyone you meet in ranked likes you?

Yeah, me neither.

Starwars7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Next

Return to General Discussion