Has Being Here Impacted Your Life POSITIVELY?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Has Being Here Impacted Your Life POSITIVELY?

Postby Green Eyed Demon » 18 August 2017, 20:50

The game not really,just the few people I met and still talk to/share Discord chats/game servers and such
Spoiler: Show More
Green Eyed Demon
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Tortoise » 19 August 2017, 13:02

Making maps has been good for me in the past. Even if I don't finish most of them and the ones I finish aren't always that great, I consider it worthwhile if it will amuse a handful of people and myself for a bit. I started making maps around the same time I started listening to lots of music and I have had some good times sitting at my computer at 2am listening to The Prodigy, Kraftwerk and Oingo Boingo, working on some stupid map idea. It was a good creative outlet for me. In my travels I have even met a few tolerable people who I still talk to.
https://youtu.be/0c1u5zspRzA
Tortoise
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby mingo1 » 23 August 2017, 23:19

Green Eyed Demon wrote:The game not really,just the few people I met and still talk to/share Discord chats/game servers and such

Interesting, because for some people it's actually the other way around. People usually say "the game itself is cool, but the community is toxic" but your take is different. Respect, that's cool

Tortoise wrote:Making maps has been good for me in the past. Even if I don't finish most of them and the ones I finish aren't always that great, I consider it worthwhile if it will amuse a handful of people and myself for a bit. I started making maps around the same time I started listening to lots of music and I have had some good times sitting at my computer at 2am listening to The Prodigy, Kraftwerk and Oingo Boingo, working on some stupid map idea. It was a good creative outlet for me. In my travels I have even met a few tolerable people who I still talk to.

Great! And for real, mapmaking, even on this measly 2D flash game, can help flourish or even expand people's creativity. Especially young people - who aren't sure of what they really like - can tap a potential in some sort of creative medium by creating maps here (and ofc. in other games/places as well)

Great insights!
---------

Massive thanks for all of the interesting insights and replies!

:D
mingo1
Administrator

Postby lostmydollar » 24 August 2017, 00:26

it taught me a few lessons. it taught me that popularity makes people worse. also that you should not abuse your powers because if you do then you're a piece of shit

ive met 3 persons that i will certainly visit irl when i get enough money and free time for international trips

map making and drawing made me realize that i can get better at something if i work on it harder

so in a few words pb2 made me a better person and gave me a few good friends. this is why im still here
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby STEFANO2008 » 10 September 2017, 19:53

No. Being here has impacted my life NEGATIVELY!, why?, here's the answer.

-People calling me "LAGGER!"

-HIGH Ping

-People Cursing Me With NO REASON

-"Argentina Is Fake" phrase

-Annoying guests<-------they use DEAD "memes", stupid insults, and vote to KICK with NO REASON.

-People Rating 1 star with no reason. (like Super Brian)
Last edited by STEFANO2008 on 15 September 2017, 02:02, edited 5 times in total.
Get me out of South America PLEASE

STEFANO2008
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Purple Monster » 13 September 2017, 05:58

The game is what led me to meet several individuals for the past few years who then leave a good mark in my life.

Purple Monster
Recruit

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 13 September 2017, 21:31

Only reason its impacted my life positive because I run into good people here and there and a couple bad people I meet in unranked/ranked matches but other than that in I run into alot of good people and just everyone seems to know me or say Im familiar so its kinda good being here.
MI6 AGENT 007
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby xChakra » 14 September 2017, 06:04

i love the game

i hate what the community turned me into

i like how it made me mature though, honestly i used to be way more immature
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
Spoiler: Show More
xChakra
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Silent Aurora » 14 September 2017, 18:01

@Wolfmaster12 @Silverteen11 @Maxim12

Deleted all off-topic posts.

Please avoid going offtopic. Silver and Maxim, best to deal with your personal disputes in private, thanks.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Civil_Boss » 21 September 2017, 09:03

This game has affected my life POSITIVELY and NEGATIVELY.

This is why...

THE POSITIVE SIDE: During my first few months of Plazma Burst 2, i have met incredibly nice and wonderful people in the game (sadly they left though), and the incredible maps i've played, especially 707-school. The game is super fun and very enjoyable, especially when you learn how to do cool tricks like boost jumping and flying in slow-mo maps.

THE NEGATIVE SIDE: Besides the fact that people are nice in this game, there are also disrespectful ones too. When i started playing this game, i could not stop, like, i'll skip homework and assignments just to play this game (although that has stopped now), so this game was kinda ruining my education. I enjoy making maps, but i do not like the fact that there are trolls or rage voters in this game, it's honestly depressing... and especially what Super Brian did to my maps, and the fact that if someones LDr (level Developer Rank) is at 50+, it can be lowered if someone rates your map 1, and it's harder to raise your LDr if you have 50+ LDr.

So the overall ratio of what i think of this game deserves 3/5.

So this game impacted my life pretty Negatively
Why don't YOU edit my signature?
Civil_Boss
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby GiraRay » 30 September 2017, 17:01

PB2 level editing has inspired my creativity with programming and my desire to seek theoretical knowledge to get my levels in depth which has benefited me in different ways. And of course, it's always nice to be a part of any community. The only negative sides about this game is the amount time that I've spent on it.
http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=giraray-riddle1&id=826345
GiraRay
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Previous

Return to General Discussion