Should we be nice to guests?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Should we be nice to guests?

Postby byrnes » 28 July 2017, 18:02

So I know a lot of pb2 players hate guests and I can honestly see why but now that I think about it I think its wrong to hate guests like they are some sort of "enemy" because really there not they are players to but just unknown players with no actual user name for example it could just be something like this "guest-1367" I have even played as a guest and its well interesting but at the same time its really sad pb2 players and even other guests treat those guests like nasty bug or something and if you have never played as a guest before I recommend you try it and see how you feel after and think about it should we be nice to guests?
Hi.

byrnes
Recruit

Re: Should we be nice to guests?

Postby mrnat444 » 29 July 2017, 07:27

Although it is unfortunate that most users dislike guests, there is a reason for it. Many players with accounts will log on as a guest (because it's completely anonymous) so they can troll. In addition, a lot of guests are ignorant of the game and will bug those who aren't.

Guests (or those logged in as them) have created their reputation, and so most users place that reputation over all of them.
mrnat444
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Max teabag » 6 August 2017, 01:57

no they're the source of all evil
Max Teabag
Max teabag
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Dr Jekyll » 6 August 2017, 17:35

There really isn't much of a reason, it's more of a thing we just do at this point. Kind of like a tradition everywhere.
If you take anything I say seriously, you deserve whatever happens to you.

Dr Jekyll
Recruit

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 6 August 2017, 20:56

I used to but not anymore I mean 2 guests I got in conflict with one of them called me a hacker and another was on my team but throwing grenades at everyone on his team so no Im not being nice to them anymore.
MI6 AGENT 007
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Wardemption » 7 August 2017, 01:11

being nice to guests should be a trend in PB2
Freedom's from, not to.
Wardemption
Falkok [250]

Postby Buzzard 1 » 7 August 2017, 07:41

Yes because Guests must be so privileged that we have to respect them at all times even though nearly most of them are toxic, but that's okay if we can look beside that, they must be actually our friends!
Buzzard 1
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Missak » 7 August 2017, 18:48

This topic makes no sense.

If a guest acts nicely one should treat him likewise.
Of course, there are players who treat them badly because some of them stated that some guests are either trolling or just using the guest persona to improve their kills and deaths rate, but that doesn't mean we should make a big deal about it and make a topic to discuss it.
Missak
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 7 August 2017, 19:55

Many people have different opinions about some dont want to be nice to them and some do but I was nice to them but after I got into so much conflict with them I changed my opinion.
MI6 AGENT 007

Postby Dr Jekyll » 8 August 2017, 07:37

I see it as a sort of initiation or extended tradition from similar games. To be honest, though, I see less of it happening and it was nearly non-existent back when guests were given names... but there's no reason to persecute anyone.
If you take anything I say seriously, you deserve whatever happens to you.

Dr Jekyll
Recruit

Postby mingo1 » 8 August 2017, 21:55

Bruh just be nice to anyone, guest or not, unless they're not nice to you. When that's the case, ignore them and/or don't give them respect that they don't deserve

:)
mingo1
Administrator

Postby JayaRaya » 10 August 2017, 13:16

- Good guest = Respect & be nice to them as much as you respect & be nice to a good user.
- Bad guest = Ignored / dislike them as much as you ignored / dislike a bad user.

My opinion, as for being respectful to many people. ~ Regards :thank:
"Always repent and rectify any mistakes that you have been done."

Spoiler: Show More
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OMD_LSELAM
JayaRaya
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby maxim12 » 10 August 2017, 18:39

It depends, If the guest is actualy new to the game, we should respect him, as a new player. We should welcome him and be nice so the guest will have great time here, and possibly register an account.

But If It's a troll decided to login as guest, and start trolling eveyone without the risk of being punished for that, then ofcourse I cant and never will have respect for him.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Starwars7 » 13 August 2017, 15:00

JayaRaya wrote:- Good guest = Respect & be nice to them as much as you respect & be nice to a good user.
- Bad guest = Ignored / dislike them as much as you ignored / dislike a bad user.

My opinion, as for being respectful to many people. ~ Regards :thank:

Exactly. I don't treat guests any differently than I treat users. I greet them in a match and I am nice to them. I treat "bad guests" the same as I would treat "bad users."
Ever had one of those days where everyone you meet in ranked likes you?

Yeah, me neither.

Starwars7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Silent Aurora » 13 August 2017, 15:44

What's with all these guest topics, they are literally users just like us but don't play with an account. You should be nice to everyone regardless they are a guest or not.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby GhostX5 » 14 August 2017, 09:27

I have different feelings whether I see a guest in such matches.

Even though they're actually not trolling, and don't know what they're doing, meaning they are actually new players, I would respect them, and help them out. It didn't really matter for me when they are lagging, I wouldn't go ahead and complain that they should get a new computer or tell them to get off the match. It's quite outrageous to some users, especially me. Everything changed since I haven't played PB2 for months.

If they are actually trolling, I would just stay away from them. Either not complain about what they're doing.

It depends on our perspectives and actions when we see a guest. You can help them, or spread your anger on them due to trolling and other things.
United Special Operations ~:~ RYZE-138 aka Ghost-138 ~:~ Leader of Alpha Team ~:~ Master Chief Petty Officer
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby KARL SERG » 15 August 2017, 10:54

We should, but we know we won't be nice to all of them. The same applies in their case.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby darkstar 1 » 15 August 2017, 12:38

Guests are just players, you have nice ones and annoying ones, be nice to those who are nice to you and not to those that annoy you...

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby Silent Aurora » 17 August 2017, 14:30

There are also players who are 'nice' and 'annoying', guests just don't have an identity which is why I'm assuming everyone is so fascinated about them or hate them more, that sense of the unknown bringing a negative connotation to your mind.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 18 August 2017, 02:45

SA you're right about that but everyone is just wondering why whats going with this BS so why get some answers about this?
MI6 AGENT 007

Next

Return to General Discussion