Should map views increase LDR?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Yes
30%
No
45%
Depends (Probably the most picked option)
25%

Total votes : 20

Postby wreak » 24 July 2017, 04:39

With the recent update showing the amount of map plays in a map (since the update). You can gauge how popular your map is currently, however no matter how many people play your map. Your LDR will not budge even a little bit considering they don't correlate to each other.

Now with this mind, I don't always want map view to give more LDR. A map like zedy-base has a ton of map views but gets a lot of poor rating so it probably shouldn't increase his rating considering his base map isn't favored by the majority. Therefore keeping the LDR if not decreasing it...

Map plays should increase LDR in some cases if the map gets a rating ratio high enough or it simply doesn't have a ratio.

Examples:
Let's say for instance a map that has a 4.5 star overall, 6 people who actually voted on the map, and having 200 people who at least played the map altogether.

Versus

A map that has 2 star overall, 85 who actually voted on the map, and having 100 people who at least played the map altogether.

So who gets more LDR?

Sadly the second example. Even though he has a lower overall and has less people who actually played the map, he would still win, Although view should matter a little bit. It should also not determine who gets LDR or even give any LDR for poor votes in general.

But who knows, there is probably a loophole in this idea considering this isn't a too mundane idea.

EDIT: I never really seen a pole so split before.
Last edited by wreak on 25 July 2017, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Re: Should map views increase LDR?

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 24 July 2017, 06:00

Im not a map maker so I picked the third option.
MI6 AGENT 007
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby 911 cop slate » 24 July 2017, 06:01

I do agree with Agent but I'm not a map maker. I tried but it was horrible.
911 cop slate
Recruit

Postby darkstar 1 » 24 July 2017, 14:21

I think this would be a good idea, but it doesn't really say if the people who played it really enjoyed, and the map maker himself could play the map over and over to increase the number of plays. So it would only be useful if the plays of the map maker do not count by the total number.

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby wreak » 25 July 2017, 03:19

darkstar 1 wrote:I think this would be a good idea, but it doesn't really say if the people who played it really enjoyed, and the map maker himself could play the map over and over to increase the number of plays. So it would only be useful if the plays of the map maker do not count by the total number.

I don't think you would be able to play it over and over again.
wreak
wreak

Postby mrblake213 » 25 July 2017, 10:03

I think we should stay on rates.

Imagine the ones being played everyday, the map maker's LDr would increase a lot.

Famous maps > Increase LDr
Not famous maps > No LDr
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Starwars7 » 9 September 2017, 15:20

Singleplayer maps wouldn't work, since the only way of counting plays is in demo, which means that someone trying out a bad map could increase the map maker's LDR just by looking at the map.

However, I think every multiplayer match of the map that is not started by the map maker should increase LDR a bit. Not too much, though, so the map maker won't be willing to use an alternate account to spam-create matches.

Edit: Stryde would get so much LDR.
Ever had one of those days where everyone you meet in ranked likes you?

Yeah, me neither.

Starwars7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby wreak » 9 September 2017, 17:51

Starwars7 wrote:Singleplayer maps wouldn't work, since the only way of counting plays is in demo, which means that someone trying out a bad map could increase the map maker's LDR just by looking at the map.

However, I think every multiplayer match of the map that is not started by the map maker should increase LDR a bit. Not too much, though, so the map maker won't be willing to use an alternate account to spam-create matches.

Edit: Stryde would get so much LDR.

It already has so much LDR so viewing LDR would contribute very little, I also said that maps with higher rating would get a better chance of getting more LDR as to a map with with a 2 star overall rating.
wreak
wreak

Return to General Discussion