Death Troop3r-Snipers

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Do you feel that Death Troop3r-Snipers should be unapproved?

Yes, I believe that this map lacks the current quality needed for an approved map.
85%
No, I believe this map is fine the way it is and should stay approved
15%

Total votes : 13

Death Troop3r-Snipers

Postby pixelbyte » 21 July 2017, 01:21

Hello, so today i'm here to talk about a map that I feel should be unapproved, Death Troop3r's "Snipers" map.

While it is amazing it got approved, I feel like it isn't suitable for approval at its current state.

Here's some issues I found:

1. Too many players. (12)

This, is an issue I found which might not be too hard, but this could cause lag having 12 players in such a small map without vertical movement.

It is 280 Editor blocks wide, which isn't suitable in my opinion for 12 players without any vertical platforms. (Maybe 8 players is better)

2. almost all of the pillars/blocks are able to be shot through

The reason of these pillars is to block shots, yet the mapper forgot to make them 5 blocks instead of 4 block to stop.
In a way you can consider that there are no pillars at all, and the only form of blocking is the huge lazer and the block under it. anyone can easily be killed, especially in an area if it was filled with 12 players
3. Camping

Camping is everywhere on this map, The top doesn't even make sense. It was like it was added for the sole purpose of camping. other maps like Stryde-Sniper or Eric Gurt-Railwars1, two of the most popular maps upon this era have areas on top that you can camp at, but they are very easy to kill. This....This isn't.

This area is only worse, you can camp back and fourth and kill literally anyone as long as you know where they are, this map isn't good at all.

4. The Teleporter

Now, adding to before the teleporter ruins it for Co-op modes. There is no point of the entire map in Co-op mode if anyone can just go through the teleporter and kill the other team without issues.

So, I feel like this map should be unapproved for lack of quality of today's ages. Maybe before when it was approved it was fine, but now.. I don't think so.

Now, while it is the same like old maps like,
Jibb's "Epic"
ms assassin's railwars,
they are still playable and still have some type of limit

Note: No matter what outcome of the poll, that won't affect if this map is approved or not, since Eric is the only 'superuser' or person with certain rights to approve maps, like PixelVoxel once was (I think so.)

pixelbyte

Re: Death Troop3r-Snipers

Postby wreak » 22 July 2017, 01:32

There really isn't a need for a pole. It doesn't have the requirements meet like today's standards.

And it's not like admins will take off the map from the approve section considering only a small majority of approved maps are even played not to mention it would be unfair to the map maker considering it was made a long time ago and requirements weren't as strict.

I think we should have a new section of approved maps. Like a retired or old maps, basically it will have a different icon instead of a checkmark. Whenever you play a map from this new section, it will give you a warning stating that it lacks quality standards which may create unfair deaths or kills.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Re: Death Troop3r-Snipers

Postby pixelbyte » 22 July 2017, 01:46

wreak wrote:There really isn't a need for a pole. It doesn't have the requirements meet like today's standards.

And it's not like admins will take off the map from the approve section considering only a small majority of approved maps are even played not to mention it would be unfair to the map maker considering it was made a long time ago and requirements weren't as strict.

I think we should have a new section of approved maps. Like a retired or old maps, basically it will have a different icon instead of a checkmark. Whenever you play a map from this new section, it will give you a warning stating that it lacks quality standards which may create unfair deaths or kills.

thats actually a really good idea

pixelbyte

Return to General Discussion