Does PB2.5 TRULY be alive in today's internet environment?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Does PB2.5 TRULY be alive in today's internet environment?

Postby flying bird » 24 June 2017, 01:34

As is known to all, PB2.5 will come soon. I constantly believe the high quality it will be. But what I'm really concerned is ——Can PB truly back to the old days in today's internet environment?

In the beginning PB2 was known by game websites like Coolbuddy, Y8, but the internet environment has changed. Just putting the games on these game websites is not enough. Here are the reasons.

First, these game websites do not update the games in time. From my research, the majority versions in the game websites are still 1.0 and only Coolbuddy has the current version. So the game is less competitive and attractive in the game websites.

Second, the game websites are losing too much popularity. Take Coolbuddy as an example, it’s popularity is even less than pb in a research. One of the reasons is more and more players play mobile games and other new popular games. According to a stat:
‘Games are going more and more mobile
In the U.S. mobile penetration is 101%, meaning there is at least one phone for every American, partly due to the fact that many mobile phones are now more powerful than even the PCs we used in the 1980s and 1990s. A total of 48 million people play games on smart phones and tablets.’

Those factors caused the loss of the new players, what’s more, the old players retired. This issue exists for a long time and it has broken out in recent years. Eric should really put it on the table.

In my point, the better way is to put the game on both game websites and steam. Because steam has much more population, which is stable, and the age quite meets the Pb’s requirement. https://prnt.sc/fnhmwa

However, it can’t be denied that steam has some issues as well, but at least it's better than the game websites, which is loosing its popularity nowadays. I believe if Eric makes Pb2.5 better to compete the games on steam, the Pb2.5 will be brought to a new life.

What do U guys think? Do you have better places to put PB2.5 in?

flying bird

Re: Does PB2.5 TRULY be alive in today's internet environmen

Postby mrnat444 » 24 June 2017, 18:55

That is a good point. Flash games such as PB2 (and the websites they are on) have become less popular, I would assume due to things such as Steam and/or mobile games like you mentioned.

If PB2.5 is going to be a download-free game, it would need to have its own website like PB2, and advertise on other websites, in addition to putting the game on various game websites for it to get exposure. Of course it would need to encourage visiting the game's site from playing it at these other sites, by requiring you to do so for things such as multiplayer and level editor (and skin editor).

This formula has seemed to work for a lot of games out there. although I still think PB2.5 could heavily benefit from being on Steam, and this would outweigh its need for download (it could also be put on these game websites as you mentioned).
mrnat444
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Ghostehz » 25 June 2017, 02:45

PB2.5 needs to delve into social media. It should have a while ago. Advertise the game there a bit, call up advertisers too to draw more attention to it. The Internet is a monster nowadays and social media is its biggest platform, so that's gonna help PB2.5 a lot.

Credits to Flame99999.
Ghostehz
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby tehswordninja » 26 June 2017, 03:22

Ghostehz wrote:PB2.5 needs to delve into social media. It should have a while ago. Advertise the game there a bit, call up advertisers too to draw more attention to it. The Internet is a monster nowadays and social media is its biggest platform, so that's gonna help PB2.5 a lot.

Aye, but advertisment needs to happen ONLY when we have a release date. People don't really like learning about a game, then learning that it is completely unknown when it will release. That generally kills interest or is a general turn off.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Return to General Discussion