A lore discussion, eh?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

A lore discussion, eh?

Postby tehswordninja » 8 May 2017, 02:49

I've had a good while to think about the actual lore of the Plazma Burst series, and with PB2.5 coming potentially within the year, I think it might be a good idea to simply talk lore.

That means what you think about the current lore, questions you have about it, what you want to see happen in the lore, and so on.

I'll be deleting bait/low effort/sarcastic posts and handing out warnings btw. I'd like to see this be an actual, civilized topic.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Re: A lore discussion, eh?

Postby Specter_ » 10 May 2017, 05:06

i like the lore both character and story wise, when it comes to the characters there's not much stated and it leaves us in speculation..

"forward to the past" sounds like the great gatsby's final phrase "borne into the past"
Specter_
Recruit

Postby tehswordninja » 10 May 2017, 11:45

Specter_ wrote:i like the lore both character and story wise, when it comes to the characters there's not much stated and it leaves us in speculation..

"forward to the past" sounds like the great gatsby's final phrase "borne into the past"

Lack of info known about the main characters will be fixed in PB2.5 I'm hoping.

It kinda sucks we know about half a sentence for each main character: Marine is a marine who went back in time. Noir Lime is a dude who went back in time. Proxy is a prisoner who escaped.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Wardemption » 11 May 2017, 16:36

PB2 cannot reflect the lore of the whole series nicely to the users who play only the campaign. I mean you just have some sentences at the end (and the beginning?) but mostly you just keep on shooting through the missions. The intro of the factions and characters is just too less in-game. You'll be able to know the lore well only if you bother looking into the PB2 wiki which most players don't bother to.

Alas, I hope PB2.5 will reflect the series' lore more understandably in-game.
Freedom's from, not to.
Wardemption
Falkok [250]

Return to General Discussion