Guests in approval should not be allowed

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Guests in approval should not be allowed

Postby Civil_Boss » 18 April 2017, 06:13

thetoppestkek wrote:Why shouldn't they? Unranked Approved is literally the only place a guest can play in the competitive (although flawed) scene of PB2 and restricting that privilege to access the unranked approved matches will essentially restrict them solely to custom maps, which will stir up some drama from the so-called "guest supporters", not to mention Approved Unranked losing the guests playing in Unranked trying to explore the game and having them transport to Custom Maps

I'd say keep their privilege to play in Unranked Approved. Them keeping their privilege to play in such matches would actually matter if KDr or Kills/Deaths actually landed someone in the leaderboards. There's a reason Eric restricted guests from Approved Ranked and not from Approved Unranked and the reason is quite clear if you take it into consideration. If KDr was a major statistic regarding the leaderboards, this discussion would actually be worth complaining about but them decreasing a minor statistic that doesn't affect leaderboard placement won't land this discussion anywhere

If you don't want guests damaging your KDr as people have stated, then just go make an Approved Ranked match so you can't have the guests pestering you, Approved Ranked exists for a reason to begin with

(I wonder if implementing an adjustable game setting that doesn't allow guests to enter the match will fix this issue?)

yeah, but tell me, do guests have profiles? do they need kills?
Why don't YOU edit my signature?
Civil_Boss
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby ustopable » 18 April 2017, 17:25

They don't but limiting them to RPG maps, bases, saw maps and all other custom maps also means you're pushing them away from multiplayer combat experience. One fix is that implement a Matchmaker which will match you with the same level as you in a random map. Guest is not allowed but they (and players with account) can create rooms for them to start some battles in approved matches but these battles won't record anyone kills/deaths . There's ranked matches where guest are not allowed (The problem is players with no account are too many which leaves Ranked matches really rare and another case is that there is a ping limit and some players with account exceed from the ping limit). Also most of the players in unranked are Guest (which some players farms them alot) it wouldn't be nice to see these numbers suddenly move to Custom Maps.

I don't really mind guests because simply that's the only type of players which I always see. Emails here needs phone number and I don't even have a phone to begin with. Getting kills and deaths is still the same with guest (Because I don't really care about Kills and death I play how I wanted to).

Question is why do you care about kill/death

Civil_Boss wrote:i tend to play x death-realwar a lot since thats the only approved map i'm actually good at.

i only made this post because there is no reason for guests to join approval

TDM/DM x death-realwar leads to teleport camping,water camping and tower camping. Coop x death-realwar leads to tons of spamming and use self boost to kill anyone in the waters. I'm pretty sure most players could get hang of spamming a lot of leads but not all could deal with anyone doing teleport camping and tower camping
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby master derk300 » 18 April 2017, 18:39

Also in x death real war map there is a bug in the teleport. if u keep teleporting while shooting ur bullets can go through the walls and kill ur enemies and that is so unfair thats why i stop playing that map hahaha.
To be honest i dont understand why most of the approved maps not have a properly design but this is not a topic talking about that so just saying!.

master derk300
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Civil_Boss » 19 April 2017, 01:21

ustopable wrote:They don't but limiting them to RPG maps, bases, saw maps and all other custom maps also means you're pushing them away from multiplayer combat experience. One fix is that implement a Matchmaker which will match you with the same level as you in a random map. Guest is not allowed but they (and players with account) can create rooms for them to start some battles in approved matches but these battles won't record anyone kills/deaths . There's ranked matches where guest are not allowed (The problem is players with no account are too many which leaves Ranked matches really rare and another case is that there is a ping limit and some players with account exceed from the ping limit). Also most of the players in unranked are Guest (which some players farms them alot) it wouldn't be nice to see these numbers suddenly move to Custom Maps.

I don't really mind guests because simply that's the only type of players which I always see. Emails here needs phone number and I don't even have a phone to begin with. Getting kills and deaths is still the same with guest (Because I don't really care about Kills and death I play how I wanted to).

Question is why do you care about kill/death

Civil_Boss wrote:i tend to play x death-realwar a lot since thats the only approved map i'm actually good at.

i only made this post because there is no reason for guests to join approval

TDM/DM x death-realwar leads to teleport camping,water camping and tower camping. Coop x death-realwar leads to tons of spamming and use self boost to kill anyone in the waters. I'm pretty sure most players could get hang of spamming a lot of leads but not all could deal with anyone doing teleport camping and tower camping

i never said they were not allowed to join custom maps, plus, if guests weren't allowed in approved maps, it forces guests to make an account, that is actually a good thing, since you get to experience in PlazmaBurst2 a lot more then just being a guest
Civil_Boss
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby ustopable » 19 April 2017, 06:16

I'm saying you're limiting them to only custom maps which doesn't promote any combat experience.

I wouldn't say that since when you limit them to custom maps they will only know custom maps and will never differentiate custom maps to approved maps.
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Tempus » 19 April 2017, 15:10

There are players who troll even with actual accounts. But most play with guests just to play without hurting their k/d.

However, guest or not. They die from the same bullets. I believe that guest should be limited with what they could do; Create matches/joining some specific games.

I think it's more important to consider; ( Player with actual account > Guest ). Any player with an account should have priority.
Tempus
Advisor

Postby tehswordninja » 19 April 2017, 21:11

I think guest deaths/kills should simply just not count in approved, ranked or not.

Currently (I believe so anyway), killing a guest only gives you 1/3rd of a kill (or something along that), while a guest killing you gives you a full death.

Do correct me if I am wrong.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby ZapruderFilm » 19 April 2017, 21:19

tehswordninja wrote:I think guest deaths/kills should simply just not count in approved, ranked or not.

I agree with this.
Anyone who says kills and deaths don't matter doesn't have my k/d ratio.
On top of this, I mean, you can go around and find proof of people doing this all the time.
Look here (warning mature content):
https://youtu.be/fXckc79tUao

I agree guests kills shouldn't count against you nor should you killing them count for you.
It'd be too harsh to take away guest's privilege to use unranked matches of approved maps, but also I don't like the current system.
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby master derk300 » 20 April 2017, 04:20

I agree as well, but unfortunately not many people play this game anymore so the impact wouldnt affect much, so sad :/. Also tehswordninja you maybe right because sometimes killing a guest doesnt count so i just leave matches vs them, is just a waste of time that some people tryhard as guest to ruin other people stats haha.

master derk300
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Civil_Boss » 20 April 2017, 13:35

ustopable wrote:I'm saying you're limiting them to only custom maps which doesn't promote any combat experience.

I wouldn't say that since when you limit them to custom maps they will only know custom maps and will never differentiate custom maps to approved maps.

i never said anything about "combat experience" i meant like going to site chat, visit peoples profiles, make friends, create maps, and much more!
Civil_Boss
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Previous

Return to General Discussion